Seat Questions - VTXOA
 14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-06-2019, 09:24 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Seat Questions

Yes, I did my homework and the search thing. A lot of helpful feedback was found. I have only had my 1300S a short time, but I find myself in general agreement that the stock seat is, ahem, lacking.

That said, Ultimate, Mustang, and Corbin (I've had a few Corbins on other bikes and like them a lot) all seem like pretty good options, or at least, following the anything else is an improvement notion.

Does a seat designed for an R also work for an S? It seems that way? Not sure why, but the S model is left out regarding a number of other parts for some reason (most of the stuff I see is for an R or C). Just as an example, the S isn't listed on the Corbin site. Seems like a good thing to confirm before spending real money.

I'm really liking the idea of an Ultimate, but a little torn as to which. You see, I'm not really interested in sitting lower (I'm still getting used to sitting low as it is compared to the other bikes) but not sure if the Big Boy is too much? I go 6' and 200 lb with a 34" inseam. One complaint about the stock seat is it seems to crowd me forward a little too much, so anything allowing a little more stretch out is welcome, as is feedback anyone with either the Low Rider or Big Boy and how it fits them.

Thanks (in advance)!

Robert
The correct amount of motorcycles to own is always N+1, N being the current number you own.
2005 Honda VTX1300S, 2009 Triumph Speed Triple,
2007 Triumph Bonneville T100, 1992 Ducati 900SS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-06-2019, 09:30 AM

The big boy on my 07 1300r raised me couple inches and set me back a couple inches. my arms felt short with the big boy , I put some up 2 " and back 2" risers (cheepies off ebay)on the handlebars and I've been perfect ever since . I am 6-2 about 275lbs.33 inseam . I really love the ultimate seat . I do feel like I stretch out on the bike , legs . .. I liked the way the stock seat put me down in the bike but it killed my back.. EO
rwantin likes this.

Last edited by Engineoops; 09-06-2019 at 09:36 AM.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-06-2019, 09:35 AM

Pretty sure the only difference between the R and S is the wheels.
rwantin likes this.

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-06-2019, 09:43 AM
JPT

Garage
Yes R/T/S are the same bike, the S just has spoked wheels.

I am 6'2" 213 lbs, I ended up with tennis elbow because of the new seating position with the Ultimate Big Boy with back rest. What happened was, I didn't realize that the adjustment of the backrest moved over time, and I went on a 900+ mile trip with it putting my arm straight out.

After I got back, I realized it and adjusted it so I am sitting more upright. I suggest if you do go big boy (I would suggest you do get the big boy), be sure to get the back rest, and adjust it so you are sitting upright, and/or get pull back risers.
rwantin likes this.

2009 VTX1300R
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-06-2019, 09:54 AM Thread Starter

Garage
This is hugely helpful guys, just the kind of knowledge/experiences I was looking for. Much appreciated.

Robert
The correct amount of motorcycles to own is always N+1, N being the current number you own.
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-06-2019, 10:05 AM
JPT

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwantin View Post
This is hugely helpful guys, just the kind of knowledge/experiences I was looking for. Much appreciated.
The main reason I say Big Boy, is because it gives you a better leg position when riding. My legs are very comfortable now, and I hardly need to use my engine guard mounted highway pegs. Before the Ultimate, I was always trying to move my legs to get comfortable.

2009 VTX1300R
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-06-2019, 10:17 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPT View Post
The main reason I say Big Boy, is because it gives you a better leg position when riding. My legs are very comfortable now, and I hardly need to use my engine guard mounted highway pegs. Before the Ultimate, I was always trying to move my legs to get comfortable.

I'm glad I raised the question. In reading what's on the Ultimate site, it struck me that the perfect seat was probably somewhere between the two, though the Big Boy seems a bit closer to what I want to achieve. The bike has floorboards, also an adjustment for me, but I love 'em.

Is it safe to assume 2" up and back risers don't require any cable/line changes?

Robert
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-06-2019, 10:23 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cc rider View Post
Pretty sure the only difference between the R and S is the wheels.

Thanks for this, good to know. I'm still learning. It's amazing how many parts selectors tell me it won't fit my bike, solely because the S wasn't in their system. I'm looking at it and thinking, yes, it has to fit my bike.

Robert
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-06-2019, 10:23 AM
Old Goat

Ive got the big boy.....6’1” 210......risers 2up/2 back ....I know its asking a lot to invest in a Ultimate....but its the only seat u need ...unless a DayLong and that is cost prohibitive.....good luck
rwantin likes this.

Phil...(72)”Nobody told me I die at the end”
2006 (bought new)...1300R Candy Black Cherry,darkside,foots mod.. ..
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-06-2019, 10:29 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TennX View Post
Ive got the big boy.....6’1” 210......risers 2up/2 back ....I know its asking a lot to invest in a Ultimate....but its the only seat u need ...unless a DayLong and that is cost prohibitive.....good luck

Appreciate another endorsement. Good to know. Yeah, it's a bit of scratch, but I already enjoy riding the thing, and anything that makes the ride better is probably worth it.
TennX likes this.

Robert

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page