Think I have a bad speed Sensor - Page 2 - VTXOA
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-24-2019, 11:29 AM

Garage
Replace VSS 2003 1300S
10 SENSOR ASSY., SPEED 37700-MCV-003 In Stock $118.02 $91.33 Plus s/h

Check other places, may find a few $$$ less.
Highly over priced it would seem for a magnet, Hall effect device, IC chip and a housing.

https://www.hondapartshouse.com/oemp...sor-assy-speed
SENSOR ASSY., SPEED 37700-MCV-003 Your Price: $86.15 plus s/h

Less cost and free shipping
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-Motor...5.c10#viTabs_0

2005 1300c Red, Mustang seat, HK 2.5 straights. Leds for safety-front & back. 194,184 VTX miles

Last edited by Hans&Feet; 10-24-2019 at 11:43 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-01-2019, 10:10 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Well She put up one hell of a fight. Even after you drop the Coolant overflow tank that sensor bolts aren't the easiest to get on but I got it out. I found a used speed sensor off of Ebay for $40.00 with shipping. that came in last weekend but I made the mistake of ordering the new O-Ring from Honda Direct line that place takes for ever to ship a part out. I seriously don't see how they can still be in business. anyways that came in this past Thursday so when I got home from work today I was on a mission. I got the new to me sensor installed with the new o-ring and got most everything put back together pretty much with the exception of the crank case cover and decided to start it up and test it out. I got it off the jack and ready to roll and the Damned Battery was to weak to start it. What an absolute [email protected]<k Block. So I got the bike jumped of and decided I wasn't even going to wait long enough to put the seat back on and road her Bare Backed once around the neighborhood and Glory Be I have a speedometer again and my Mileage counter is counting again. Now I see there is a guy on Facebook who can replace your LCD display on you speedometer if its all hazy like mine is so I think I'm going to take him up on it.
MR VTX likes this.

8,000K HID Head Light Conversion, ISO FlameGrips, Kury Turn Signal Mirrors, Mustang seat W/ Driver Backrest, Paladin Backrest/luggage Rack/Saddlebags.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-01-2019, 10:27 PM

Garage
The LCD in not the problem, the polarizing filter is burned up. Common in the Gulf coast states.

Check this thread for pdf.
https://www.vtxoa.com/forums/7-vtx-1...ml#post3920745

2005 1300c Red, Mustang seat, HK 2.5 straights. Leds for safety-front & back. 194,184 VTX miles

Last edited by Hans&Feet; 11-01-2019 at 10:35 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page