5 shot dead at ft lauderdale airport - Page 2 - VTXOA
 72Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 80 (permalink) Old 01-07-2017, 03:05 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
PHATV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Posts: 11,749
Quote:
Originally Posted by Britabroad View Post
Prayers & condolences will not help anyone, try repealing the stupid gun laws that allow firearms to be carried at airports & other public places by any maniac who wants to kill someone for no apparent reason!!!
You can't carry it there and he was in violation of the law, Sir Clownsalot.
A better outcome would be that you ARE allowed to carry there, and a guy or gal near to him pulled one out and shot him in the face before he got halfway through his first magazine.
But a subject doesn't even know what it is to be a free man, so I wouldn't expect to be able to explain it to you.
However, you can't repeal the right of a free man to arm himself and we have millions here who would sooner die on their feet than live on their knees, so it will never happen as long as our constitution stands.
That's just the way it is.
However, that is better to be discussed in the hotbox section where politics are allowed, I suppose. You could drop by that thread, or not concern yourself with the affairs of free men.
Either way.
LJ, dud-57 and Justa_Poser like this.

"IF YOU LOVE WEALTH GREATER THAN LIBERTY, THE TRANQUILITY OF SERVITUDE GREATER THAN THE ANIMATING CONTEST FOR FREEDOM, GO HOME FROM US IN PEACE. WE SEEK NOT YOUR CONSEL, NOR YOUR ARMS. CROUCH DOWN AND LICK THE HAND THAT FEEDS YOU; MAY YOUR CHAINS SET LIGHTLY UPON YOU, AND MAY POSTERITY FORGET THAT YOU WERE OUR COUNTRYMEN!" ---SAMUEL ADAMS

"ELECTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES! WE WON!!!"---BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA, 2012
PHATV is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 80 (permalink) Old 01-07-2017, 03:52 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 9,005
You guys are not asking or seeing the obvious...

- A US soldier that fought in Iraq...not an immigrant terrorist that so many pontificate over...do we 'spy' on each other? Hmmmm...that sounds like the beginning of (fill in the blanks)
- Visits FBI complaining of voices...they note it and refer to help. But no check on guns...that's right..anybody can get a gun in Alaska as there are no rules but 18.
- Why could he fly in the first place...and no background checks when he checked his gun into cargo?
- Speculation...but I do love the 'I will save you if I was carrying' crowd...what's the first thing someone does when hearing shots in locations not expecting such...ducking for starters, then trying to figure out where it is coming from, then, and only then, seeing if there is something one could do to help, through all the HUNDREDS of people running. Or get tackled by some 'hero' thinking you are the bad guy when you pull you CCW. Pulling out my concealed carry and running towards the shooter will only get you shot by the police (there were there in seconds). I know...waive the CCW license...that might save you. Now...if you were in the bathroom and followed him out, Johnny on the spot, who knows...you could be labeled a 'hero'. We do love our heroes.

The reality is we can not truly defeat terrorist acts. Been going on for centuries. If someone is hell bent to kill others...if there is a will, there is a way. It is still speculative if he was indeed a Islamic terrorist...regardless...he did indeed cause terror. We live in an angry world.

Bull
Harkon and Britabroad like this.
Bull117 is offline  
post #13 of 80 (permalink) Old 01-07-2017, 03:54 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 9,005
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHATV View Post
You can't carry it there and he was in violation of the law, Sir Clownsalot.

Gee...I wonder if the Mods will 'fine' you for calling others names. I suspect not...

Bull
Britabroad likes this.
Bull117 is offline  
 
post #14 of 80 (permalink) Old 01-07-2017, 05:14 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
PHATV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Posts: 11,749
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull117 View Post
Gee...I wonder if the Mods will 'fine' you for calling others names. I suspect not...

Bull
Yeah, in context that's quite a vicious personal attack in your eyes, right?

Oh, and...
I suspect you're right.

"IF YOU LOVE WEALTH GREATER THAN LIBERTY, THE TRANQUILITY OF SERVITUDE GREATER THAN THE ANIMATING CONTEST FOR FREEDOM, GO HOME FROM US IN PEACE. WE SEEK NOT YOUR CONSEL, NOR YOUR ARMS. CROUCH DOWN AND LICK THE HAND THAT FEEDS YOU; MAY YOUR CHAINS SET LIGHTLY UPON YOU, AND MAY POSTERITY FORGET THAT YOU WERE OUR COUNTRYMEN!" ---SAMUEL ADAMS

"ELECTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES! WE WON!!!"---BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA, 2012
PHATV is offline  
post #15 of 80 (permalink) Old 01-07-2017, 06:31 PM
Senior Member
 
eperk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Pontotoc Mississippi
Posts: 3,961
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull117 View Post
You guys are not asking or seeing the obvious...

- A US soldier that fought in Iraq...not an immigrant terrorist that so many pontificate over...do we 'spy' on each other? Hmmmm...that sounds like the beginning of (fill in the blanks)
- Visits FBI complaining of voices...they note it and refer to help. But no check on guns...that's right..anybody can get a gun in Alaska as there are no rules but 18.
- Why could he fly in the first place...and no background checks when he checked his gun into cargo?
- Speculation...but I do love the 'I will save you if I was carrying' crowd...what's the first thing someone does when hearing shots in locations not expecting such...ducking for starters, then trying to figure out where it is coming from, then, and only then, seeing if there is something one could do to help, through all the HUNDREDS of people running. Or get tackled by some 'hero' thinking you are the bad guy when you pull you CCW. Pulling out my concealed carry and running towards the shooter will only get you shot by the police (there were there in seconds). I know...waive the CCW license...that might save you. Now...if you were in the bathroom and followed him out, Johnny on the spot, who knows...you could be labeled a 'hero'. We do love our heroes.

The reality is we can not truly defeat terrorist acts. Been going on for centuries. If someone is hell bent to kill others...if there is a will, there is a way. It is still speculative if he was indeed a Islamic terrorist...regardless...he did indeed cause terror. We live in an angry world.

Bull
Bull I can cite you dozens of times a person carrying has stopped a shooter but the one closest to home happened in a Pearl Ms. high school. They had an active shooter about six years ago. Even though it was a gun free zone the assistant football coach had a pistol in his car. Several kids were shot but it could have been much worse had the coach not put the shooter down.
Think of the lives that could have been saved if the military personnel on the Fort Hood base had been armed. Same with the Marine recruiting station in Fort Worth. If a trained ccw were in the movie theater where Dylan Roof mowed those poor people down he could have saved lives.
I would much rather have some armed folks around in a situation like the one yesterday or the ones mentioned above than to be a sitting duck. But hey that's just me.
BTW I'm not just shooting from the hip on this one. I have been there done that so to speak.

05 1800S, Hondaline winshield, Kury grips, Kury throttle boss, Hondaline bags, 'C' risers, Vtxexhaust pipes, Desmog, K&N, Kury floorboards, Kury brake pedal, lots of chrome, BadX memeory foam mod, Cobra Fatties, Firehouse Customs backrest,Techlusion TFI, Kury bullets, Spyker air filter cover.

Don't Thread On Me
eperk is offline  
post #16 of 80 (permalink) Old 01-07-2017, 08:30 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 9,005
Quote:
Originally Posted by eperk View Post
Bull I can cite you dozens of times a person carrying has stopped a shooter but the one closest to home happened in a Pearl Ms. high school. They had an active shooter about six years ago. Even though it was a gun free zone the assistant football coach had a pistol in his car. Several kids were shot but it could have been much worse had the coach not put the shooter down.
Think of the lives that could have been saved if the military personnel on the Fort Hood base had been armed. Same with the Marine recruiting station in Fort Worth. If a trained ccw were in the movie theater where Dylan Roof mowed those poor people down he could have saved lives.
I would much rather have some armed folks around in a situation like the one yesterday or the ones mentioned above than to be a sitting duck. But hey that's just me.
BTW I'm not just shooting from the hip on this one. I have been there done that so to speak.
Hey eperk...yes...there many cases...but I notice you failed to mention the recent case at Wallyworld parking lot and the collateral damage that came with it. The debate of gun free zones will go on forever...as there as many cases of a good well intentions not going so well. I believe I just read a story of a good guy getting shot by the cops...but I could be mistaken. Roof was not in a movie theater by the way. And this guy was at the baggage pick-up...many airports have no gun free zones in these areas, it is outside TSA. If it was gun-free...how can one pick up their gun? The question should be asked...this guy flew from Alaska to Florida...to shoot people in the baggage claim??? Really???

So, my take...many CCWers have never shot in any combat scenario, never shot at a moving target, never shot in a crowd of chaos. Heck...many CCWers never practice at all. We indeed live in a dangerous world where guns are both a savior and a curse. I wish it wasn't so, but do not believe it will get better (gun free zone or not). There are many set on destruction. I prefer not to knee jerk to news stories or the 'fog of war' that both live to seed the couda, wouda, shouda crowd.

You pulled your gun and shot someone in such a scenario??? Not for self-protection one-on-one...but in a airport, movie theater, stadium...places that have large number of people? In a gun free zone? Do tell...so to speak.

Be well
Bull

Last edited by Bull117; 01-07-2017 at 08:35 PM.
Bull117 is offline  
post #17 of 80 (permalink) Old 01-07-2017, 08:33 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 9,005
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHATV View Post
Yeah, in context that's quite a vicious personal attack in your eyes, right?

Oh, and...
I suspect you're right.
Good point. I never thought not a "vicious personal attack" could be used as a get out of jail free card. I'm sure you meant it in jest.


Bull
Bull117 is offline  
post #18 of 80 (permalink) Old 01-07-2017, 09:27 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
PHATV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Posts: 11,749
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull117 View Post
Good point. I never thought not a "vicious personal attack" could be used as a get out of jail free card. I'm sure you meant it in jest.


Bull

I'm a straight-forward guy and you'd hear the same to your face, but not in a nose-to-nose way, man. I know tone is hard to infer in text, but I promise you face-to-face I'm the same but I'm a charismatic and friendly guy and you'd know I'm razzing on the Brit reference. I doubt you share the same charisma or intellectual and verbal dexterity that I am gifted with (I know you don't, but I'm being especially gentle with the "doubt" so as not to hurt your feelings), but in-person I promise even you would like me, Bull.
That said, fu(k off. If you don't like my posts, don't comment on them and I'll afford you the same courtesy.
Deal?



But please do debate with the others about how good guys and gals with guns in the face of a bad guy with a gun is a worse alternative than an unarmed crowd. And good luck with that!


And enjoy the rest of your weekend!

"IF YOU LOVE WEALTH GREATER THAN LIBERTY, THE TRANQUILITY OF SERVITUDE GREATER THAN THE ANIMATING CONTEST FOR FREEDOM, GO HOME FROM US IN PEACE. WE SEEK NOT YOUR CONSEL, NOR YOUR ARMS. CROUCH DOWN AND LICK THE HAND THAT FEEDS YOU; MAY YOUR CHAINS SET LIGHTLY UPON YOU, AND MAY POSTERITY FORGET THAT YOU WERE OUR COUNTRYMEN!" ---SAMUEL ADAMS

"ELECTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES! WE WON!!!"---BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA, 2012
PHATV is offline  
post #19 of 80 (permalink) Old 01-07-2017, 09:35 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 9,005
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHATV View Post
I'm a straight-forward guy and you'd hear the same to your face, but not in a nose-to-nose way, man. I know tone is hard to infer in text, but I promise you face-to-face I'm the same but I'm a charismatic and friendly guy and you'd know I'm razzing on the Brit reference. I doubt you share the same charisma or intellectual and verbal dexterity that I am gifted with (I know you don't, but I'm being especially gentle with the "doubt" so as not to hurt your feelings), but in-person I promise even you would like me, Bull.
That said, fu(k off. If you don't like my posts, don't comment on them and I'll afford you the same courtesy.
Deal?



But please do debate with the others about how good guys and gals with guns in the face of a bad guy with a gun is a worse alternative than an unarmed crowd. And good luck with that!


And enjoy the rest of your weekend!
I will...you too...enjoy your weakend (sic) PHATV. Further, what I do not like is hypocrisy. Perhaps in another life...I doubt it though on the "like me" part. And I am equally sure the feeling is mutual. Be well.

Bull
Bull117 is offline  
post #20 of 80 (permalink) Old 01-07-2017, 11:46 PM
Senior Pirate
 
KeyWasted's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Key West
Posts: 7,718
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHATV View Post
You can't carry it there and he was in violation of the law, Sir Clownsalot.
A better outcome would be that you ARE allowed to carry there, and a guy or gal near to him pulled one out and shot him in the face before he got halfway through his first magazine.
But a subject doesn't even know what it is to be a free man, so I wouldn't expect to be able to explain it to you.
However, you can't repeal the right of a free man to arm himself and we have millions here who would sooner die on their feet than live on their knees, so it will never happen as long as our constitution stands.
That's just the way it is.
However, that is better to be discussed in the hotbox section where politics are allowed, I suppose. You could drop by that thread, or not concern yourself with the affairs of free men.
Either way.
Im adding Way with words like Al to my Christmas list next year.


2014 Valkyrie F6C 1800

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhyMU9BG6Ao

Red Knights MC
343
KeyWasted is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome