5 shot dead at ft lauderdale airport - Page 7 - VTXOA
 72Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #61 of 80 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 08:06 PM

I don't know the answer to that question Bull. But I do know that if someone wanted to do as much damage as possible, a place where the victims couldn't defend themselves would be the most likely choice.
DuaneS likes this.

05 1800S, Hondaline winshield, Kury grips, Kury throttle boss, Hondaline bags, 'C' risers, Vtxexhaust pipes, Desmog, K&N, Kury floorboards, Kury brake pedal, lots of chrome, BadX memeory foam mod, Cobra Fatties, Firehouse Customs backrest,Techlusion TFI, Kury bullets, Spyker air filter cover.

Don't Thread On Me
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 80 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 08:22 PM

Send a message via MSN to W9VD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Britabroad View Post
Considering the mental state of the murderer is not ever going to alleviate the fact that any homicidal moron can buy a gun & go & shoot innocent people anywhere they f8cking well chose to!

doG bless the 2nd amendment...................................
The reason these "homicidal moron's" choose gun free zones is because they are afraid of confrontation. Maybe they have been bullied or ostracized during their sad life. I don't care. Burglars choose empty houses because they fear confrontation.

Eliminate gun free zones. Let the second amendment stand on its own and things will shake out in pretty short order.
DuaneS likes this.

Assault is a behavior, not a device.

“Life's hard. It's even harder when you're stupid.”

― John Wayne

post #63 of 80 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eperk View Post
I don't know the answer to that question Bull. But I do know that if someone wanted to do as much damage as possible, a place where the victims couldn't defend themselves would be the most likely choice.
Perhaps true eperk...however, also believe that is true no matter the weapon of choice...such as trucks. And where people 'naturally' tend to congregate...gun free or not (e.g., stadiums, schools, airports, etc.). I suspect some "maniacs" think gun free...but to broad brush is not seeing through the forest in-spite of the trees. Gun advocates tend to rally around the gun free mantra...where the maniac only sees death at the locations with the most bang for the buck so to speak. And where are those should be your question.

Bull

post #64 of 80 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 09:43 PM
Pope "papa" of the VTXOA

Why Bull? Because quite a few of these killers have TOLD people why they choose their targets either after the fact or in manifestos or journals.
http://www.detroitnews.com/story/opi...ones/74023454/

Quote:
The suspected Charleston killer’s first choice was to target the College of Charleston, but he chose the church instead because there were armed guards at the college.

The Aurora, Colorado, movie theater killer, James Holmes, was considering both attacking an airport and a movie theater, but he said he turned down the airport option because he was concerned about their “substantial security.” Out of seven theaters showing the “Batman” movie premiere within 20 minutes of the suspect’s apartment, only one banned permitted concealed handguns, and that is the one he attacked.
There are many more instances of these people wishing to be made internet Idols, choosing gun free places so that they will get the most tallies before they are killed.
DuaneS likes this.

AMA Life Member 721314
post #65 of 80 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago-Spike View Post
Why Bull? Because quite a few of these killers have TOLD people why they choose their targets either after the fact or in manifestos or journals.
http://www.detroitnews.com/story/opi...ones/74023454/

There are many more instances of these people wishing to be made internet Idols, choosing gun free places so that they will get the most tallies before they are killed.
You mean the one's that are still alive? Sorry Spike...cherry pick all day long. You will not convince me that 98.4% was because of gun free zones. Sorry. I gave my reasoning...not good enough for you or others? Not my concern.

Bull
post #66 of 80 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 12:01 AM
Senior Pirate

And today on the internet…not one mind was changed.
Jimbo, PHATV and DuaneS like this.

2014 Valkyrie F6C 1800

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhyMU9BG6Ao

Red Knights MC
“343
post #67 of 80 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 09:26 AM
Pope "papa" of the VTXOA

I didn't say 98%, but there are instances where these people did choose gun free because they wanted the most damage before being threatened. They are cowards, they don't want to be shot until they do as much damage as possible. Then they usually take the cowards way out and kill themselves. I am in the group that feels if 1 mass shooting/killing is stopped by a law abiding CCW holder, then it is a great idea.
W9VD, eperk, DuaneS and 1 others like this.

AMA Life Member 721314
post #68 of 80 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 07:41 PM

[QUOTE=KeyWasted;4191513]And today on the internet…not one mind was changed. [/QUOTE

Totally agree. Just good FYI, food for thought, and discussion points worth critically thinking. If one did not do so...we are left with 'brain dead' thinking.

Bull
post #69 of 80 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago-Spike View Post
I didn't say 98%, but there are instances where these people did choose gun free because they wanted the most damage before being threatened. They are cowards, they don't want to be shot until they do as much damage as possible. Then they usually take the cowards way out and kill themselves. I am in the group that feels if 1 mass shooting/killing is stopped by a law abiding CCW holder, then it is a great idea.
Sure, there are indeed "instances". Some examples...no rocket science. Could they have been 'stopped'...speculation would you not agree? Do you think the airport shooting or the Colorado theater shooting been stopped by a CCWer before anybody got killed? Based on what data or thought process? Sure...there are indeed (just on the OE here) instances of one-on-one examples (robberies mostly)...but mass shootings?

Be careful of unintended consequences...the proverbial end justifies the means. The collateral damage and personal liability could extend far beyond "intent".

Bull
post #70 of 80 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 08:03 PM
Pope "papa" of the VTXOA

Maybe not "before anyone was killed" but before MANY were killed yes. And there's lot's more of the kind where a CCW holder stopped a threat before he killed anyone. The press just doesn't cover these stories as well. http://crimeresearch.org/2016/09/ube...blic-shooting/

So still, you talk in sweeping denials and I am stating that even if 1 person is saved by a CCW holder, it is worth it. If you think no one should carry except cops, I'll leave with this;

nate6966 likes this.

AMA Life Member 721314

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page