Roof scammer - Page 3 - VTXOA
 20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-01-2017, 10:50 AM Thread Starter
Old Goat

To all that replied , I did my due diligence (apparently not enough) he was known in the community(I checked references) and I got his name from Thumbtack.com....I know the pitfalls, but unfortunately I had to go cheapest route and it cost me......steps will be taken ,agencies will be notified and a criminal complaint is in the making....my sister is a pitbull lawyer, may not see my money , but u dont want her on your ass as she will make your life miserable......this loss has made it impossible for me to get a roof at them moment....but in all honesty I only need roof on the garage(single layer 35 years old) ....house roof is 3 layers and seems to be ok for the moment...but my plan was to have them done at the same time....full disclosure I only have to spend 1/3 on major repairs so brother and sister will help me absorb the loss...............................eventually..LOL .....thanks again for all the replies...
PHATV likes this.

Phil...(72)”Nobody told me I die at the end”
2006 (bought new)...1300R Candy Black Cherry,darkside,foots mod.. ..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-01-2017, 01:02 PM

TennX,
Sometimes you can do all of the right things and still end up with the brown end of the stick. Sorry brother. Good luck with recovery of funds.
Jimbo likes this.

'12 Road Glide Ultra, Kuryakyn Alley Cat intake, Jackpot Super Duals header, Jackpot HiRoller mufflers, PV Tuner, Daymaker LEDs
post #23 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-02-2017, 01:05 PM

Garage
@TennX , sounds like you did all YOU could do. Sometimes, even when you do your best, it doesn't work out. Sounds like your lawyer sister will get him taken to the cleaners, whether you get your dough back or not.

You might consider doing like we did, and get a metal roof installed. It would save the cost of removing the 3 layers on the house roof, which would have been $1800 for us, since they can just install it over them, and they could do the same on the single layer garage, too. It made the cost end up about the same as doing the whole thing with shingles, but a LOT better in our weather. We had winds take the shingles off the attached garage roof 3 times before that. No more, though!! I also think it looks nicer, too. It's up to you, though, being your house in your area. Something to think about, though.

(((=-JammeR-=)))
"My Life is NOT a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke,
tires screeching, totally used up, thoroughly worn out, and loudly proclaiming...WOW! What a Ride!!"

post #24 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-03-2017, 06:48 PM

That sucks.
Police aren't going to help.
If you have his name and know where he stays, and you would be good with getting 20% back from this cat, I could maybe get that much back for you (after recovering the full amount and minus my "fee").
Give him 30 days and PM me.
Memphis ain't but a day ride and a one-night hotel stay. Two tops---if he has to get a loan from family.

I jest as I am retired, but I'm sorry to hear you got taken, brother. Small claims court doesn't cost much and if he has any money, you might do some good there. But not with the police. I wasn't kidding about that part. They won't care and any time you spend with them is time wasted. On an issue like this, I mean.

Good luck.

"IF YOU LOVE WEALTH GREATER THAN LIBERTY, THE TRANQUILITY OF SERVITUDE GREATER THAN THE ANIMATING CONTEST FOR FREEDOM, GO HOME FROM US IN PEACE. WE SEEK NOT YOUR CONSEL, NOR YOUR ARMS. CROUCH DOWN AND LICK THE HAND THAT FEEDS YOU; MAY YOUR CHAINS SET LIGHTLY UPON YOU, AND MAY POSTERITY FORGET THAT YOU WERE OUR COUNTRYMEN!" ---SAMUEL ADAMS

"ELECTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES! WE WON!!!"---BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA, 2012
post #25 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-03-2017, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago-Spike View Post
Don't wait, report him now before he takes someone else's money.
I agree with jammerwalker above saying the BBB, that can't hurt if he has a business name/entity. And there is always small claims court, but there is nobody else to report it to, Spike.

"IF YOU LOVE WEALTH GREATER THAN LIBERTY, THE TRANQUILITY OF SERVITUDE GREATER THAN THE ANIMATING CONTEST FOR FREEDOM, GO HOME FROM US IN PEACE. WE SEEK NOT YOUR CONSEL, NOR YOUR ARMS. CROUCH DOWN AND LICK THE HAND THAT FEEDS YOU; MAY YOUR CHAINS SET LIGHTLY UPON YOU, AND MAY POSTERITY FORGET THAT YOU WERE OUR COUNTRYMEN!" ---SAMUEL ADAMS

post #26 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-03-2017, 07:23 PM

Garage
Some of the television stations will get involved to prevent other people from getting ripped off. Call and ask..
PHATV, VTX1300cnME and BobD like this.

2005 1300c Red, Mustang seat, HK 2.5 straights. Leds for safety-front & back. 193,834 VTX miles
post #27 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-03-2017, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans&Feet View Post
Some of the television stations will get involved to prevent other people from getting ripped off. Call and ask..
Best idea of the lot. They have those "consumer alert" reports here where they dog some clown, so if you could get them to take the story and pester him, that's probably the best outcome possible. Show his face, etc.

post #28 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-04-2017, 01:58 PM

Whenever I use someone to do work around my house that I don't know I take a picture of their vehicle, license plate, and them. it keeps them honest and have them sign a contract.
BobD likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page