Is that a Harley? - Page 2 - VTXOA
 28Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-07-2018, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lofty View Post
Harleys were pretty rare here in the late 70,s early 80,s because of the exchange rate. Some wag tried to start the "Harley T shirt owners club". When you spoke of it you said T shirt in a stage whisper. There were stacks of t shirts being worn but not many Harleys ridden.
One of my Harley t-shirt collection came from a guy I met while camping in Custer, SD for the 75th Anniversary of Sturgis rally. The guy, his wife, and all their friends had been meeting at the same campground for the past eight years during the rally. He works for the government over in the sand box and the shirt he gave me is from Harley Davidson of U.A.E Abu Dhabi.

Dan

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f242/soonernomo/CAM00074_zps18241eb3.jpg

'07 1800N, Ultimate Big Boy seat, USA Trailer Store fairing w/Long Ride Shields 9" windshield, Leather Lyke bags, G-Max 195/60-16 tire, MCHitch trailer hitch, Cycle Mate CM2000 trailer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-07-2018, 09:52 PM

Location: Santa Barbara California where RED is the FASTEST color!
No end to the general public misconceptions

It's always entertaining when someone mistakes your VTX for a Harley. I had an old man swear he thought my bike was an Indian. I had another guy ask me what kind of Harley my bike was and when I told him, "It's a Honda" he laughed and said, "Very funny, I know a Harley when I see one." When I said, "It's a VTX 1300" he nodded and told how Harley was his favorite bike. I'd bet he told someone he'd seen the new Harley VTX 1300.

Capt. Rory, Harkon and lofty like this.

"A man's got to know his limitations" Clint Eastwood as Dirty Harry

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page