College Football - VTXOA
 70Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 102 (permalink) Old 10-13-2018, 10:25 PM Thread Starter

College Football

Lots of close games and top-20 losses so far today. Those Gators came back and look decent this year, dud. I'm guessing you're glad to see that. I think THE Ohio State University Buckeyes might be a tad bit over-rated, myself. Hopefully they get better and keep winning and peak at the playoffs, but...

I didn't see another NCAAF thread, apologies if there is one. Mods can merge if so. Big-10 (aside from 0-6 FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER Nebraska) and SEC look pretty strong top-to-bottom this season, IMO.

"IF YOU LOVE WEALTH GREATER THAN LIBERTY, THE TRANQUILITY OF SERVITUDE GREATER THAN THE ANIMATING CONTEST FOR FREEDOM, GO HOME FROM US IN PEACE. WE SEEK NOT YOUR CONSEL, NOR YOUR ARMS. CROUCH DOWN AND LICK THE HAND THAT FEEDS YOU; MAY YOUR CHAINS SET LIGHTLY UPON YOU, AND MAY POSTERITY FORGET THAT YOU WERE OUR COUNTRYMEN!" ---SAMUEL ADAMS

"ELECTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES! WE WON!!!"---BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA, 2012

Last edited by PHATV; 10-13-2018 at 10:28 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 102 (permalink) Old 10-14-2018, 07:40 AM

Garage
I think this is the only one so far. Usually Dud kicks this off. How bout dem LSU Tigers man handling poor #2 Georgia.
PHATV likes this.

'04 1300S or at least used to be.

post #3 of 102 (permalink) Old 10-14-2018, 08:27 AM

Capt, I was suprised about LSU. I watched the play SLU and was like man, they better pull it together. I think the team and Q-back is finally meshing. Hope the tear Ala a new one. But then I hope everybody Ala play tears them a new one....lol

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Capt. Rory likes this.

OneBigAssMistakeAmerica

post #4 of 102 (permalink) Old 10-14-2018, 12:21 PM

Garage
LSU didnt really surprise me after the loss to Florida. Figured they would play with a chip on their shoulder....pads. Bama has some holes as well and LSU might be culprit, but....they get to play in the swamp.... we can only afford so many injuries. All the talk is Notre Damn....they playing and winning. Nebraska, OMG......sad, sad, sad long way to go....
Capt. Rory likes this.

With the people left unguided, For so many troubled years
In a cloud of doubts and fears, Their world was torn asunder into hollow Hemispheres......Neal Peart
post #5 of 102 (permalink) Old 10-14-2018, 08:05 PM

Ohio State had better fix the gaping holes in their D if they have any chance of finishing the season undefeated and getting into the playoffs. As of now, I have my doubts.
PHATV and PCX like this.

2006 VTX1800F1

The roads are calling and I must go!
post #6 of 102 (permalink) Old 10-15-2018, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heffly View Post
LSU didnt really surprise me after the loss to Florida. Figured they would play with a chip on their shoulder....pads. Bama has some holes as well and LSU might be culprit, but....they get to play in the swamp.... we can only afford so many injuries. All the talk is Notre Damn....they playing and winning. Nebraska, OMG......sad, sad, sad long way to go....

That was a whole lot tougher set of Tigers who were playing at home this weekend, as compared to the kittens that visited Gainesville the week before. And thank goodness, because Gators wouldn't have eeked out a win otherwise. Home field advantage is a serious factor, and I'm glad to see the Swamp reclaiming a bit of reputation as a tough place to go play.

I really thought Kirby Smart would have the Dawgs in better shape to go to Baton Rouge, but congrats to LSU for their rebound from the previous week. All the one-loss teams still control their own destiny - win out and make it to the SEC championship (which in all probability is synonymous with National Championship).
Capt. Rory likes this.

Si vis pacem, para bellum.
post #7 of 102 (permalink) Old 10-23-2018, 08:53 AM

Hmmmmmm.....
I guess we don't have any Boilermakers in the Hotbox? Seems like they might be in the mood to talk a little football.

Si vis pacem, para bellum.
post #8 of 102 (permalink) Old 10-23-2018, 09:36 AM

Garage
they still play football ?

and then there is the Browns...NOT....

64 years in Cleveland... best loosing teams going..

2005 VTX1800 F, type II, Silver Tribal, 89,000 Miles, Purchased Feb, 2005.
MTC clutch & springs.. K&N Air Filter. Garmin 2597 GPS.
post #9 of 102 (permalink) Old 10-23-2018, 12:20 PM

Garage
Hey......how about "WE ARE" ........Penn State....

I love my alma mater.......but their team this year is ??????

James Franklin states...."We are a great team, just not an elite team". Well, after the last 3 performances, I would just say a mediocre team at best.......plus you have some strong headwind coming....Iowa, Michigan, and Wisconsin.......Look out
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pennstate logo.jpg (37.5 KB, 2 views)

2005 Honda VTX 1800C1....5,700 miles;
1982 XJ750 Maxim, 18.5k miles, original owner
post #10 of 102 (permalink) Old 10-23-2018, 12:29 PM

Garage
I'll tell you who is REALLY surprised (and pleased) with their college performance on the football field ---- KENTUCKY!!! None of us know how to act!! Our football team has never played like this before...
GO CATS !!!!!!
dud-57 likes this.

2007 1800T, Memphis Shades 21", Kury Engine Bar & Pegs, HondaLine Light Bar, Ultimate Seats, Cobra Slash-Cuts, Progressive 430 Shocks & Springs, HondaLine Saddlebags, Iron Horse Tail Bag, Fender Rail, Color-Matched Radiator Housing, Show Chrome Fringe, Kury Iso-Grips, Custom Breather Cover. GO TEAM DREW!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page