Well, science has proved it - Page 2 - VTXOA
 93Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 43 (permalink) Old 02-15-2019, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck_VTX F View Post
ah, no.. I rode a CBR1000F ( 1000 Hurricane ) for 10 years.. and spent many hours/laps on the Mid Ohio Sports car track... ( track days )

superbike school.. both .. one day and 3 day classes .. and got my AMA ticket..

Good time. I got up there to run both the Buell and KTM track days and test all their new model bikes, including the superbikes. 2008 and 2010, I think it was. Fun track for sure. Rode all day 'til I was sore.
chuck_VTX F likes this.

"IF YOU LOVE WEALTH GREATER THAN LIBERTY, THE TRANQUILITY OF SERVITUDE GREATER THAN THE ANIMATING CONTEST FOR FREEDOM, GO HOME FROM US IN PEACE. WE SEEK NOT YOUR CONSEL, NOR YOUR ARMS. CROUCH DOWN AND LICK THE HAND THAT FEEDS YOU; MAY YOUR CHAINS SET LIGHTLY UPON YOU, AND MAY POSTERITY FORGET THAT YOU WERE OUR COUNTRYMEN!" ---SAMUEL ADAMS

"ELECTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES! WE WON!!!"---BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA, 2012
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 43 (permalink) Old 02-16-2019, 06:16 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHATV View Post
Good time. I got up there to run both the Buell and KTM track days and test all their new model bikes, including the superbikes. 2008 and 2010, I think it was. Fun track for sure. Rode all day 'til I was sore.

So True... 150 and HARD onto the brakes.. controlling the tire squirm going into a curve..

diving into the carousel... dragging a knee.

for the guys that have never tried it... you think sex is great.. this is right next to it...

better yet.... passing a young guy on the outside.. and in the pits removing your helmet.. for them to see an OLD fat GUY that is F A S T...

FYI,,, if you get to Nelson Ledges sports car course ( Ohio ).. they finally repaved it.. so its fun again on a motorcycle..

for the other people.. I am 68 years OLD ( YOUNG ).. old is only in your head.. YOU ALLOWED IT..
PHATV, RBS, Harkon and 2 others like this.

2005 VTX1800 F, type II, Silver Tribal, 88,000 Miles, Purchased Feb, 2005.
MTC clutch & springs.. K&N Air Filter. Garmin 2597 GPS.

Last edited by chuck_VTX F; 02-16-2019 at 06:25 AM.
post #13 of 43 (permalink) Old 02-17-2019, 12:30 AM

Quote:
So True... 150 and HARD onto the brakes.. controlling the tire squirm going into a curve..

diving into the carousel... dragging a knee.

for the guys that have never tried it... you think sex is great.. this is right next to it...

better yet.... passing a young guy on the outside.. and in the pits removing your helmet.. for them to see an OLD fat GUY that is F A S T...

FYI,,, if you get to Nelson Ledges sports car course ( Ohio ).. they finally repaved it.. so its fun again on a motorcycle..

for the other people.. I am 68 years OLD ( YOUNG ).. old is only in your head.. YOU ALLOWED IT..
Chuck. Ever pull into the pits after an exceptionally "on the edge" lap, where your lap time was a lot closer to the "good" riders than it's ever been? I was vibrating so bad I couldn't keep the bike vertical at a standstill without it swaying. So pumped with adrenaline was I that speech after that was babbling, until I could calm down. Laser focus on the track, a babbling idiot once in the pits. Better than any narcotic could ever be.

For me that was only about 35 years ago, and I was never "fast" for more than a lap or two, but what a rush!! Yeah, those leathers don't fit no more ... LOL

'12 Road Glide Ultra, Kuryakyn Alley Cat intake, Jackpot Super Duals header, Jackpot HiRoller mufflers, PV Tuner, Daymaker LEDs

post #14 of 43 (permalink) Old 02-17-2019, 03:51 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harkon View Post
Chuck. Ever pull into the pits after an exceptionally "on the edge" lap, where your lap time was a lot closer to the "good" riders than it's ever been? I was vibrating so bad I couldn't keep the bike vertical at a standstill without it swaying. So pumped with adrenaline was I that speech after that was babbling, until I could calm down. Laser focus on the track, a babbling idiot once in the pits. Better than any narcotic could ever be.

For me that was only about 35 years ago, and I was never "fast" for more than a lap or two, but what a rush!! Yeah, those leathers don't fit no more ... LOL

YES SIR,,, every time I turned a lap that 'could' have qualified me in a real race...
studder,,,, shake,, unable to construct a complete sentence..

as you can "FEEL" the lap was good.. BEFORE the time slip is handed to you.
you feel you are in the "ZONE",, do no wrong.. brave as HELL...
for that minute or 3.. it changes your life...

even now that its JUST a Memory.. 5 minutes later.

you KNOW.. you are no-longer a Want-a-Be.. a dreamer..

you are a motorcycle racer for 1 or 2 laps... even 5...

my best... my CBR1000F.and I.. could have qualified for the Mid-Ohio SSC race.. 32 of 41... a tall FAT guy.. gray balding hair... ....... in a real AMA road race.

and I had the AMA racing permit in my wallet... I know I could not do what I did for a full race... my nerves would not allow it.
PHATV, Harkon, rangers4u and 1 others like this.

Last edited by chuck_VTX F; 02-17-2019 at 04:02 AM.
post #15 of 43 (permalink) Old 02-17-2019, 04:12 AM

Garage
Daytona Florida pit lane

mid- 1980's I was the engine builder and mechanic for a small motorcycle race team... 3 years at Daytona July Race..
made all 3 races ..

Like PhilsCBX. ( RIP ) we never met..

but we both build racers..
talked often of our "minutes" of fame..
PHATV and rangers4u like this.

Last edited by chuck_VTX F; 02-17-2019 at 04:15 AM.
post #16 of 43 (permalink) Old 02-17-2019, 11:02 AM

I was quickest on my GS750E, in the 80's.

What a RUSH.

Then I got married, old fat and lost my edge. Pain hurts now, but I don't need to tell you that.

'12 Road Glide Ultra, Kuryakyn Alley Cat intake, Jackpot Super Duals header, Jackpot HiRoller mufflers, PV Tuner, Daymaker LEDs

Last edited by Harkon; 02-17-2019 at 11:04 AM.
post #17 of 43 (permalink) Old 02-18-2019, 07:52 PM

GS750 was an awesome bike in 1980.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harkon View Post
I was quickest on my GS750E, in the 80's.

What a RUSH.

Then I got married, old fat and lost my edge. Pain hurts now, but I don't need to tell you that.
Harkon likes this.
post #18 of 43 (permalink) Old 02-18-2019, 08:16 PM

Garage

not my bike.. but just like it.. and same color..

1988 Hurricane.. I got it NEW.. sold it in 2002..
PHATV, Harkon and StarrRider like this.

Last edited by chuck_VTX F; 02-18-2019 at 08:20 PM.
post #19 of 43 (permalink) Old 02-18-2019, 08:20 PM

Garage

not my photo.. but same bike .. same color 1983 VF750 F.. first sport bike Honda put into production.
and my first sport bike.. I got it in 1984 .. the rear seat pod was hard to find.. and also was a glove box with lock...
PHATV and Harkon like this.

post #20 of 43 (permalink) Old 02-18-2019, 08:53 PM

Quote:

not my photo.. but same bike .. same color 1983 VF750 F.. first sport bike Honda put into production.
and my first sport bike.. I got it in 1984 .. the rear seat pod was hard to find.. and also was a glove box with lock...
My son bought a '94 VFR750 last spring. Gear driven cams, built to last! Beautiful bike.
At the time in the '80s I didn't appreciate the V4s. I liked the howl of the inlines as opposed to the roar of the Vs. At some point I began to appreciate the V4 music. Once in the pipe, there is something very raw about them. I love it!!
chuck_VTX F likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page