Sig in Da House - Page 2 - VTXOA
 16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-30-2019, 08:50 PM

I read that the Winchester white box is actually pretty good stuff for range plinking. After I go through the Blazer I have I will be giving it a try.

When you are young you want what everyone else has . . when you are old you want what everyone else had.
D. Lee Schulte I ride a Honda because Toyota doesn't make motorcycles. 2005 VTX 1800N3 (black)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-31-2019, 11:07 AM Thread Starter
Senior Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xerothermic View Post
I read that the Winchester white box is actually pretty good stuff for range plinking. After I go through the Blazer I have I will be giving it a try.
Iíve found it to be more than adequate for the range. I donít recall one FTF in 9mm, 40 cal or 38 sp. On top of that, Walmartís prices with sales tax on most ammo are better than my wholesalers when I factor in shipping. Unfortunately, they donít ship so I have to stock up on my infrequent by choice trips to the mainland.
PHATV likes this.

2014 Valkyrie F6C 1800

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhyMU9BG6Ao

Red Knights MC
ď343Ē
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-31-2019, 09:49 PM Thread Starter
Senior Pirate

I found out that the trigger on the Sig is horrible. Not the pull, break or reset, which are excellent, but the physical trigger itself. It’s almost an afterthought, which is surprising. I thought it was cheap looking when I bought the gun, but after 200 rounds I found that it is actually painful as well as cheap looking, for my index finger anyway, ymmv. It looks like a piece of steel bent over to look like a trigger, because it is, (MIM) and the leading edge is too sharp. It would be negligible in a defensive situation, but I shoot, alot, and this thing has got to go. I’ll be researching replacement triggers tonight.

Otherwise, the gun is a marvel of efficiency and I still wonder how the hell they got 10 rounds, (or 12) in such a compact package. Aside from the horrible looking and feeling trigger, the Sig is all top quality, from the extra long rail on the frame to the glow at night sights and the texture on the grip. Recoil is manageable, watch the vid, and getting back on target is easy. Double taps to center mass were easy.

I was shooting steel law enforcement issue Federal 147 gr JHP and brass Winchester white box 115 gr FMJ with no fail to anything whatsoever.

After learning the quirks, specifically that I have to cover the target with the front sight, which feels odd to me, I was able to put 12 rounds in a 2 inch spread at 7 yards, my usual handgun practice distance. The attached video shows the virgin rounds in a more ragged group at the same distance and the added challenge of a swinging target. I told you this is what passes for a range in the Keys, didn’t I?

2014 Valkyrie F6C 1800

Red Knights MC
ď343Ē

Last edited by KeyWasted; 02-01-2019 at 10:50 AM.

post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-01-2019, 07:26 PM Thread Starter
Senior Pirate

Found 2 companies making aftermarket straight/flat triggers for the P365, Grayguns and Armory Craft and both are out of stock. Seems like Iím not alone. Perhaps Sig will take the hint.

2014 Valkyrie F6C 1800

Red Knights MC
ď343Ē
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-04-2019, 04:53 PM

Garage
[QUOTE=dud-57;4574840]My brother-in-law has a P365 and loves it. It's his EDC. I haven't shot one yet, but they sure are compact little handguns. Hope it performs flawlessly for you, O, and I look forward to more posts and updates.

On a somewhat different topic (not CCW but still in the handgun world), I just bought another polymer 9mm, the SAR9. Plan to swing by the dealer in a few minutes to go pick it up. Plenty of folks love 'em, and plenty hate 'em (mostly due to their mfg source in Turkey). I guess I'll see for myself.

I find the same thing about my EAA Witness 45. Friends either love it or they hate it. Haven't found anyone that was "middle of the road". Just like cars,,, I guess that's why they have some many different models and manufacturers!!! Can't please everyone!!

2007 1800T, Memphis Shades 21", Kury Engine Bar & Pegs, HondaLine Light Bar, Ultimate Seats, Cobra Slash-Cuts, Progressive 430 Shocks & Springs, HondaLine Saddlebags, Iron Horse Tail Bag, Fender Rail, Color-Matched Radiator Housing, Show Chrome Fringe, Kury Iso-Grips, Custom Breather Cover. GO TEAM DREW!!!
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-05-2019, 12:15 AM Thread Starter
Senior Pirate

[quote=Dartanuan;4576524]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dud-57 View Post
My brother-in-law has a P365 and loves it. It's his EDC. I haven't shot one yet, but they sure are compact little handguns. Hope it performs flawlessly for you, O, and I look forward to more posts and updates.

On a somewhat different topic (not CCW but still in the handgun world), I just bought another polymer 9mm, the SAR9. Plan to swing by the dealer in a few minutes to go pick it up. Plenty of folks love 'em, and plenty hate 'em (mostly due to their mfg source in Turkey). I guess I'll see for myself.

I find the same thing about my EAA Witness 45. Friends either love it or they hate it. Haven't found anyone that was "middle of the road". Just like cars,,, I guess that's why they have some many different models and manufacturers!!! Can't please everyone!!
I think itís probably the best looking sub $300 1911 out there. None of the wholesalers I use carry them and Iíve never sold one so I canít speak to itsí quality or performance.
Dartanuan likes this.

2014 Valkyrie F6C 1800

Red Knights MC
ď343Ē
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-05-2019, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeyWasted View Post
I think itís probably the best looking sub $300 1911 out there. None of the wholesalers I use carry them and Iíve never sold one so I canít speak to itsí quality or performance.

I don't think the Witness qualifies as a "1911" pistol. Aren't they double-actions, with a design that is actually derived from the CZ-75, and with slide rails that run inside the frame?

As a complete side note: DART- you appear to have a habit of snipping off the "close quote" at the end of a quoted message, which makes YOUR response to a message get merged into the original post. And then, the folks that quote YOU also (inadvertently) are quoting the person that you quoted. Does that make sense? Anyways, it would make future posts more readable if you place your contributions after the bracketed "close quote message" of the post you are quoting. Thanks.

Si vis pacem, para bellum.
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-05-2019, 09:02 AM

Garage
Quote:
I don't think the Witness qualifies as a "1911" pistol. Aren't they double-actions, with a design that is actually derived from the CZ-75, and with slide rails that run inside the frame?

As a complete side note: DART- you appear to have a habit of snipping off the "close quote" at the end of a quoted message, which makes YOUR response to a message get merged into the original post. And then, the folks that quote YOU also (inadvertently) are quoting the person that you quoted. Does that make sense? Anyways, it would make future posts more readable if you place your contributions after the bracketed "close quote message" of the post you are quoting. Thanks.

Didn't realize I was doing that - Dud - thanks for the direction. I'll try to remember that for future responses.... Thanks.
dud-57 likes this.

2007 1800T, Memphis Shades 21", Kury Engine Bar & Pegs, HondaLine Light Bar, Ultimate Seats, Cobra Slash-Cuts, Progressive 430 Shocks & Springs, HondaLine Saddlebags, Iron Horse Tail Bag, Fender Rail, Color-Matched Radiator Housing, Show Chrome Fringe, Kury Iso-Grips, Custom Breather Cover. GO TEAM DREW!!!
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-05-2019, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Key's comment inspired me to do some checking on my own, and sure enough, EAA has expanded their use of the "Witness" model name to include both the CZ-75 derived guns AND the 1911-based designs. Clearly enough, they call them "Witness 1911" models. I wonder why they would do that? If Ford decided to expand their product line to include a hotrod SUV, would it make sense to try and sell it as "Mustang SUV", or wouldn't they be better served by just introducing a new and fresh name? Heck, I'm not in marketing, so maybe there is some logic in it that escapes me. Regardless... I learned something - Key had an valid basis for his assumption as to what Dart owns, and I had an out-of-date understanding of the EAA product line.

So, Dart - back to you: Is the Witness 45ACP model that you have a double-action model, or is it a 1911-pattern handgun? My only Witness experience is with the Tanfoglio DA versions.
Dartanuan likes this.

Si vis pacem, para bellum.
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-11-2019, 08:52 AM

Garage
Quote:
Key's comment inspired me to do some checking on my own, and sure enough, EAA has expanded their use of the "Witness" model name to include both the CZ-75 derived guns AND the 1911-based designs. Clearly enough, they call them "Witness 1911" models. I wonder why they would do that? If Ford decided to expand their product line to include a hotrod SUV, would it make sense to try and sell it as "Mustang SUV", or wouldn't they be better served by just introducing a new and fresh name? Heck, I'm not in marketing, so maybe there is some logic in it that escapes me. Regardless... I learned something - Key had an valid basis for his assumption as to what Dart owns, and I had an out-of-date understanding of the EAA product line.

So, Dart - back to you: Is the Witness 45ACP model that you have a double-action model, or is it a 1911-pattern handgun? My only Witness experience is with the Tanfoglio DA versions.

Sorry for the delay, Dud. I somehow missed this question back to me. Yes, my Witness is a Double-Action. I'm not a 1911 "Purist" as some are, so I didn't mean to mislead anyone. This Witness (along with 3 clips and a leather holster) is available, if anyone that is close enough to me is interested. After some comparisons, I prefer my Taurus 45, simply for the "fit" to my hand.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page