• 2 Post By JPT
  • 3 Post By KeyWasted
  • 1 Post By KeyWasted
  • 1 Post By Dartanuan

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-13-2019, 09:57 AM Thread Starter
Pope "papa" of the VTXOA

My turn for gun talk

I came home with a new Smith&Wesson M&P9c 2.0 in black. A while ago I had purchased an M&P Core 9mm and really enjoyed shooting it in local competitions and for fun. The things I most enjoyed about it were the many sizes of back straps to change the grip size. I have smaller hands so to be able to make the grip smaller was a huge help in tightening up my groups, plus it just felt better in my hand than my EDC Glock19. So the last few times at the range I shot my G19 at one target and my M&P at another and found that I shot better with the M&P. The grip on the M&P is also very rough for more feel. I love the trigger and it's tactile and audible reset, it's much stronger than on the G19. Now, to have some Spartan Operator sights put on it and put it in service

AMA Life Member 721314
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-13-2019, 10:04 AM
JPT

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago-Spike View Post
I came home with a new Smith&Wesson M&P9c 2.0 in black. A while ago I had purchased an M&P Core 9mm and really enjoyed shooting it in local competitions and for fun. The things I most enjoyed about it were the many sizes of back straps to change the grip size. I have smaller hands so to be able to make the grip smaller was a huge help in tightening up my groups, plus it just felt better in my hand than my EDC Glock19. So the last few times at the range I shot my G19 at one target and my M&P at another and found that I shot better with the M&P. The grip on the M&P is also very rough for more feel. I love the trigger and it's tactile and audible reset, it's much stronger than on the G19. Now, to have some Spartan Operator sights put on it and put it in service
I have a full size M&P .40. I love it, I love all the M&P full or compact. My hands are just a little big for a compact.

I went the route of .40 because I could order a 9mm conversion barrel and have the option to use both. There is a 9mm conversion for the compact as well (Storm Lake Barrels).

I also have the crimson trace laser grip. I use it because I am left eye-right arm dominant.

Enjoy your new M&P!
Chicago-Spike likes this.

2009 VTX1300R
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-13-2019, 10:13 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPT View Post
<< CLIP >> I use it because I am left eye-right arm dominant.

question..? you have 2 good eyes.. and 2 good hands / arms?

I ask.. as I am blind in my left eye.. and I am left handed..

so I learned to shoot right handed... hand gun or long gun..

as for a gun.. LIKE any good tool. it MUST fit the hand WELL...
to Work as a joined unit..
Jimbo likes this.

2005 VTX1800 F, type II, Silver Tribal, 89,000 Miles, Purchased Feb, 2005.
MTC clutch & springs.. K&N Air Filter. Garmin 2597 GPS.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-13-2019, 10:41 AM

I've got several of the M&P 2.0s myself; a 40 compact and two 9mm compacts. None of my Shields are the new 2.0 models, but if I come across the right deal, I just might add one for the improved texture.

But if you really want to treat yourself to a huge upgrade, consider putting an Apex trigger in your M&P. I haven't done it yet (partly because it's hard to justify paying 50% of what I paid for the weapon for just a new trigger), but when I have handled an upgraded S&W/Apex weapon that my brother shoots... I've got to admit, it is just superb.

And if you don't feel like spending the whole $160ish bucks, on the Shield models, just replacing the disconnector is a huge improvement, for around $40.
Chicago-Spike and Capt. Rory like this.

Si vis pacem, para bellum.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-13-2019, 02:54 PM
JPT

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck_VTX F View Post
question..? you have 2 good eyes.. and 2 good hands / arms?

I ask.. as I am blind in my left eye.. and I am left handed..

so I learned to shoot right handed... hand gun or long gun..

as for a gun.. LIKE any good tool. it MUST fit the hand WELL...
to Work as a joined unit..
I choose not to shoot left handed. I spend my time learning to shoot with both eyes open to get around the left eye/right arm issue. Just a personal choice.
chuck_VTX F and KeyWasted like this.

2009 VTX1300R
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-13-2019, 05:09 PM
Senior Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPT View Post
I choose not to shoot left handed. I spend my time learning to shoot with both eyes open to get around the left eye/right arm issue. Just a personal choice.
Both eyes open is how I learned. Better peripheral vision for threats. It takes training to do it but it should be learned by all shooters, especially for self defense purposes.
LJ, Jimbo and PHATV like this.

2014 Valkyrie F6C 1800

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhyMU9BG6Ao

Red Knights MC
ď343Ē
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-13-2019, 05:18 PM
Senior Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by dud-57 View Post
I've got several of the M&P 2.0s myself; a 40 compact and two 9mm compacts. None of my Shields are the new 2.0 models, but if I come across the right deal, I just might add one for the improved texture.

But if you really want to treat yourself to a huge upgrade, consider putting an Apex trigger in your M&P. I haven't done it yet (partly because it's hard to justify paying 50% of what I paid for the weapon for just a new trigger), but when I have handled an upgraded S&W/Apex weapon that my brother shoots... I've got to admit, it is just superb.

And if you don't feel like spending the whole $160ish bucks, on the Shield models, just replacing the disconnector is a huge improvement, for around $40.

I didnít add an aftermarket trigger to my Shield, but I did do a thorough polishing of all the parts, concentrating on the seer. Iím talking mirror smooth, without removing metal. Took almost 1.5 pounds off the pull and lost the ďgrittyĒ feeling many complain about.

Now, on my Mark 4, I did install a Volquartsen trigger and itís at 2 lbs of pure target shooting pleasure.

As soon as the flat trigger for the Sig is available, Iíll do a polish job on it as well.

Enjoy your M&P Spike. My favorites.
Chicago-Spike likes this.

2014 Valkyrie F6C 1800

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhyMU9BG6Ao

Red Knights MC
ď343Ē
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-13-2019, 05:26 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeyWasted View Post
Both eyes open is how I learned. Better peripheral vision for threats. It takes training to do it but it should be learned by all shooters, especially for self defense purposes.

Agreed!!! Whether shooting for protection or competition, always keep both eyes open. Otherwise it "skews" the target.
chuck_VTX F likes this.

2007 1800T, Memphis Shades 21", Kury Engine Bar & Pegs, HondaLine Light Bar, Ultimate Seats, Cobra Slash-Cuts, Progressive 430 Shocks & Springs, HondaLine Saddlebags, Iron Horse Tail Bag, Fender Rail, Color-Matched Radiator Housing, Show Chrome Fringe, Kury Iso-Grips, Custom Breather Cover. GO TEAM DREW!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page