I dont need a gun you do - Page 3 - VTXOA
 137Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 67 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 11:50 PM

Whoever said "The Pen is mightier than the sword" never carried an automatic weapon.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0657.jpg (497.3 KB, 2 views)

Smoke 'em if you got 'em!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 67 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 11:57 PM

Thank God and Thomas Jefferson for the Second Amendment.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0657.jpg (497.3 KB, 1 views)
RBS, Capt. Rory, Harkon and 1 others like this.

post #23 of 67 (permalink) Old 05-18-2019, 12:11 AM

[QUOTE=House O' Pain;4591292] Fantasyland?

[FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=4]
My point being that buying/owning a handgun doesn't free anyone from the possiblility of becoming a victim of random violence, and furthermore, statistics show that owning one will likely increase your chances of being shot by that same gun and if you have a teen that they will use it on themselves.

Just buying/owning a gun doesn't mean you know how to use it in self defense and statistically the chances of the average person being in a situation where it saves their life is far outweighed by the chance of them or another family member being injured by that same gun.

"Statistically", the majority of people who have a gun permit, seek out some kind of basic weapons training.
"Statistically", more armed people have survived a violent event than have unarmed people.
"Statistically", more armed homeowners have shot a home-invader before the police even start their cars.
Owning a gun doesn't protect you from violence. It only puts the odds of survival more in your favor.
A gun is a dangerous weapon. Ignorant, Stupid, or mentally deranged people may hurt themselves or others. Some people shouldn't be allowed to have them.
Generally, the majority of good, sane, right-thinking people do quite well with a gun.
A gun is something you wear, it's not who you are.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0656.jpg (524.1 KB, 1 views)
PCX, RBS, Capt. Rory and 3 others like this.

post #24 of 67 (permalink) Old 05-18-2019, 12:35 AM

^^^^^^^
Well said indeed!

'12 Road Glide Ultra, Kuryakyn Alley Cat intake, Jackpot Super Duals header, Jackpot HiRoller mufflers, PV Tuner, Daymaker LEDs
post #25 of 67 (permalink) Old 05-18-2019, 03:01 AM

Garage
Thumbs down Ahem, Ahem, you said???

https://youtu.be/of-57Ivfwz8?t=118
PHATV and KeyWasted like this.
post #26 of 67 (permalink) Old 05-18-2019, 09:08 AM

[QUOTE=Lou_VTX;4591250]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Engineoops View Post
Here in ky come June 1st , we can legally carry concealed weapon without a permit.
Good to know. Though my state has reciprocity with y'all's on carry permits so I m good, thank you. [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.vtxoa.com/forums/images/smilies/icon_smile.gif[/IMG]
Out of curiosity, does that new law apply only to residents of the state?
No, you don't have to be a resident to carry concealed without permit in ky come June 1st. Just have to be already able to legally own a gun. My sister didn't believe in gun rights , till a man tried to rape her . she now carries a pistol . with the drug epidemic there is more crazy ****e going on than there used to be . some guys on meth tried to get into my house at 3am a few years ago . I subdued the 2 at gunpoint without firing the gun .

Last edited by Engineoops; 05-18-2019 at 09:11 AM.
post #27 of 67 (permalink) Old 05-18-2019, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engineoops View Post
...some guys on meth tried to get into my house at 3am a few years ago . I subdued the 2 at gunpoint without firing the gun .
These are exactly the kind of encounters that decent gun owners find themselves in, and no shot is fired which frequently results in zero data entry into assorted “crime/gun stats”. I have had similar personal experiences. So when someone claims “statistically you are at greater risk due to owning a gun”, I know full well how empty their argument is.
Capt. Rory and Bikerbob1 like this.

Si vis pacem, para bellum.
post #28 of 67 (permalink) Old 05-18-2019, 10:56 AM

Garage
post #29 of 67 (permalink) Old 05-18-2019, 02:54 PM

Using that logic, we should all get rid of our cars, and especially motorcycles. They're dangerous, you can hurt or kill yourself, and/or a loved one, Or if you have a teen-ager, they could kill themselves with it. The majority of Motorcycles are owned by white males, and we only own them because they're fun, and MACHO, and originally based on the myth of a character created by James Dean in "Rebel Without a Cause".
So, in such an argument, are you really saying that you'd rather be driving a Prius??
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bikelights.jpg (28.9 KB, 48 views)

post #30 of 67 (permalink) Old 05-19-2019, 12:21 AM

Location: Santa Barbara California where RED is the FASTEST color!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikerbob1 View Post

"Statistically", the majority of people who have a gun permit, seek out some kind of basic weapons training.

This is backed up by what I've read.

Quote:
"Statistically", more armed people have survived a violent event than have unarmed people.

This can't be true simply based on the fact that not every violet event warrants gun use and because more unarmed people are victims of violence simply because there are more of them. Studies done on armed vs unarmed victims indicate you are more likely to be shot in a violent encounter if you have a gun.

If you have a statistic that backs up your claim, lets see it...

Quote:
"Statistically", more armed homeowners have shot a home-invader before the police even start their cars.

RUBBISH! That is all your comment warrants.

Quote:
Owning a gun doesn't protect you from violence. It only puts the odds of survival more in your favor.

Statistics don't support your conclusion and in fact show the opposite. All studies show owning a gun increase your chances of violence/death by that very gun, either to you or those in the home with the gun.

Do you have a study that backs up your claim? Lets see it...

Quote:
Some people shouldn't be allowed to have them.Generally, the majority of good, sane, right-thinking people do quite well with a gun.

So, back to that fantasy topic again? Surely you're not saying most gun owners are good, sane, right-thinking people? No? I'll stick to the stats thanks....

I will agree with "Better to have a gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it." even though it begs the question of what constitutes need. Most of our needs are imaginary and that was my original point. I own a handgun but I admit it's more likely it will be used on a family member, associate, or me than on a 'bad guy'. Still, right now I'm deluding myself that my family and I are safer with my gun and that I'm a sane, right-thinking person (like you) who is imune from all those nasty stats nobody likes to admit.

Just gimme some truth...
lofty likes this.

"A man's got to know his limitations" Clint Eastwood as Dirty Harry

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page