“I don’t need a gun – you do” - Page 6 - VTXOA
 137Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #51 of 67 (permalink) Old 05-25-2019, 08:46 PM

Guns or god here comes Lefty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftyBiker View Post
I'm curious. Are you a vegetarian?

No way!!! I am heavily carnivorous. I just cant see why you would kill something that big that would be tough, chewy and way too much too eat. Putting up photos appears to me, to be at best, chest beating in front of the pack as a way of claiming dominance. Very primal. I too, were a shooter, as a young man, and the testosterone flowed rapidly through my body but with age it has slowed and my killing has stopped and kangaroos which need to be culled here in Australia can have no fear of me and my guns.
P.S. this is in no way an attack on poser or his wife who are free to live as they wish and do what they wish. It is just an opinion ( like arseholes, we all have one)
DrDolittle and Lou_VTX like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 67 (permalink) Old 05-25-2019, 10:17 PM

[QUOTE=lofty;4592844]
Quote:
Guns or god here comes Lefty
Nice ad hominem that has nothing to do with the question.
lofty and DrDolittle like this.

2006 VTX1800F1

The roads are calling and I must go!
post #53 of 67 (permalink) Old 05-26-2019, 12:32 AM Thread Starter
RBS

I don't hunt, never have. (City Boy )

I do have a friend that hunts. We eat what he kills.
Venison steak, Boar sausage, etc. He hunts for the sport, but eats & shares what he kills.

I've read somewhere that many hunters donate the meat to Homeless Shelters, etc.
rangers4u, Lou_VTX and Bikerbob1 like this.

Democrats & Republicans- 2 Sides Of A Counterfeit Coin.

I'm Not Politically Correct - I'd Rather be Honest.

'07 1300 S XTreme Revolution Intake, Cobra Streetrod Slashdowns, Monster Baffles. 128,788 Miles R.I.P.

(New) 2014 V-Star 1300 Tourer, Lindby Hi-Way Bar, Saddle Bag Protectors, Cobra Slip-On, Cobra Fuel Processor, Cobra PowerFlo Intake. Wolo Bad Boy,
ED Seat, Yamaha Light Bar.

post #54 of 67 (permalink) Old 05-26-2019, 12:49 AM

Not every violent event warrants gun use. True. Those violent events that DO warrant gun use are more likely to be survived by those able to defend themselves.

Yes, more unarmed people are victims, because, they are unable to defend themselves. Not too many armed people are victims. As I said, more armed people will survive a violent event, and not become a victim.

"All studies show owning a gun increase your chances of violence/death by that very gun, …". Well, of course!! Those are the same "studies" that say if you drive a car, you're more likely to be in a car accident. DUH!!

"Surely you're not saying most gun owners are good, sane, right-thinking people? No? I'll stick to the stats thanks....".
Most legal gun owners are good, sane, right-thinking people. And if they're not, all the more reason to be prepared to defend yourself against the knuckle-dragging, mouth-breathing horde of armed animals out there!

You ask for truth. You own a gun, but don't like to own a gun. You're sure it's going to be used on a family member and not on a 'bad guy'. You seem to have a lot of -- Albeit -- reasons why you shouldn't own a gun. But yet, you do. . . .
A journey of 1,000 miles begins with the first step. To thine own self, be true. If you don't like guns, get rid of it, and live with the consequences. If you DO like guns, keep it, and live with the consequences. It's simply your choice. That's the TRUTH.

Smoke 'em if you got 'em!
post #55 of 67 (permalink) Old 05-26-2019, 12:53 AM

Personally, I don't know why anyone would go all the way to Australia, just to shoot a Roo.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0657.jpg (497.3 KB, 1 views)

Smoke 'em if you got 'em!
post #56 of 67 (permalink) Old 05-26-2019, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikerbob1 View Post
Personally, I don't know why anyone would go all the way to Australia, just to shoot a Roo.
Me neither. If it wasn't just 150 miles away from my home to the shooting grounds I wouldn't bother. Trust me they taste like **** and we only used them for dog meat.
rangers4u likes this.
post #57 of 67 (permalink) Old 05-26-2019, 08:49 PM

[quote=LeftyBiker;4592854]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lofty View Post

Your right Lefty but as you are usually attacking me over these two subjects I got into niggle mood Way too early. I apologise. Enjoy your day.
Lou_VTX likes this.
post #58 of 67 (permalink) Old 05-27-2019, 08:36 PM

Location: Santa Barbara California where RED is the FASTEST color!
[quote=LeftyBiker;4592854]
Quote:

Checking on my subscriptions and reading the progress of this thread and I'm amused that Lefty STILL has no understanding of ad hominem and when it applies and doesn't (it doesn't here). After 'schooling' him on it countless times he still is trying to impress people that he learned the term, (he didn't) and by falsely accusing them of applying it to him.

Stupid comparisons:
  • Guns and cars in regard to their necessity and situations where death is involved—Knives and guns for the same reason.
  • Vehicle deaths compared to deaths by guns. Humans need cars to survive in today's world, the same can't be said for personal weapons.
Comparing deaths by "booze" to guns simply demonstrates a total lack of understanding of the topic or more likely a willingness to display poorly thought out reason as evidence. When is the last time someone went on a boozing spree, killing innocent victims? Gimme a break!

In regard to killing for sport? Who's business is it when others do something we consider wrong behavior? Everyone's. I agree with Bikerbob1 "killing anything as a "sport" is somehow the product of a twisted mind." I think "twisted mind" is bit harsh here and self-deluded is more often the case. Hunters proud of their kills aren't performing necessary evils, (helping keep populations down) so who are they fooling with the grinning photos and the bragging about scopes and shot distance? PL-E-E-E-A-A-S-E!

Imagine if there were no people willing to slaughter animals for sport? How would the planet's animal populations ever survive??? How did they survive before man???
Ever hear of animal sterilization?

If we want to do something we shouldn't be doing, it's amazing how adept we are at finding reasons for them!
lofty likes this.

"A man's got to know his limitations" Clint Eastwood as Dirty Harry
post #59 of 67 (permalink) Old 05-27-2019, 08:51 PM

Location: Santa Barbara California where RED is the FASTEST color!
[quote=lofty;4592844] Quote:
Guns or god here comes Lefty

[QUOTE=lofty;4592920]
Quote:

Your right Lefty but as you are usually attacking me over these two subjects I got into niggle mood Way too early. I apologise. Enjoy your day.

Actually, he's wrong. Your "Guns or god..." heading isn't an attack, but is merely an observation, and you answered his question, you didn't attack him so that the topic (or anything) could be avoided.

Lefty owes you an appology for his false accusation.

Quote:
ad hominem

adjective ad ho· mi· nem | \ (ˈ)ad-ˈhä-mə-ˌnem

, -nəm\

Definition of ad hominem

(Entry 1 of 2)

1 : appealing to feelings or prejudices rather than intellect an ad hominem argument

2 : marked by or being an attack on an opponent's character rather than by an answer to the contentions made made an ad hominem personal attack on his rival

lofty likes this.

"A man's got to know his limitations" Clint Eastwood as Dirty Harry
post #60 of 67 (permalink) Old 05-28-2019, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Poser, I am in awe of your wifes skill, but what did the deer do to get her so angry she needed to take this sort of revenge? Unless the crime was very severe the punishment just appears somewhat over the top. I would really have to hate that deer to do that!

That elk was an innocent victim of misplaced hunger.

It's true,

We have cows, and they all have names. And it's those cute little names that the Wife gave them. Pet names.

Couldn't be eating one of those, now could we?

RBS, Harkon and lofty like this.

Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page