I dont need a gun you do - VTXOA
 137Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 67 (permalink) Old 03-21-2019, 08:19 PM Thread Starter
RBS

I dont need a gun you do

A couple years ago I was working security at a bar in northern Virginia. I overheard a table of college kids arguing about gun rights and gun control and it was getting far too emotional so I did what any sane combat veteran would do and attempted to exfiltrate. I must not have withdrawn as surreptitiously as I intended, because I was stopped in my tracks when a 5-foot-nothing brunette seemingly leapt in front of me and blurted out "excuse me, can you help us?"

I'm sure I must have looked irritated as I cycled through the possible quips and excuses I considered available to me but being uncertain that she wasn't some Senator's daughter, I caved: "What's up?"

She basically leads me to this table of 2 other females (probably both named Karen) and a very soft looking male.

Becky: "So, we were just talking about current events and, you know. So, you look like you're probably in the military, right? Like the Army?"

(When you accuse someone of being in the military you probably don't need to give an example)

Me: "Similar.. yea"

Becky: "Right. Okay. So, do you think civilians should be allowed to own guns?"

Me: "Most of us. Yes."

Becky: (clearly not happy with my answer) "Okay, so, why do you think you need a gun?"

(At this point it's almost 2am and I've just given up on patience. Hold my beer)

(With intentionally overt condescension): "Oh, honey, I don't. I don't need a gun."

Becky stares at me blankly, so I continue, but with a more serious tone:

"I could follow you home, walk up your driveway, and beat you to death with the daily newspaper.

I could choke you to death with that purse.

I could take a credit card, break it in half, and cut your throat open with it.

With enough time and effort I could beat your boyfriend here with a rolled up pair of socks.

I could probably dream up six dozen other ways I could easily end your life if you gave me an hour or so.

If I wanted to, I could wrap my hand around that beer mug and kill all four of you before you could make it to the exit. The worst part is, in your utopian little fantasyland, there ain't a thing any of you could do about it.

I don't need a gun.

You need a gun.

You need a gun because of men like me."

Call me a jerk, but if you want to keep your guns, these are the conversations we all need to start having.

http://knuckledraggin.com/2019/03/i-...-a-gun-you-do/
LJ, icopus, PHATV and 8 others like this.

Democrats & Republicans- 2 Sides Of A Counterfeit Coin.

'07 1300 S XTreme Revolution Intake, Cobra Streetrod Slashdowns, Monster Baffles. 128,788 Miles R.I.P.

'05 1300 S. BAK Slimline, Cobra Streetrod Slashdowns, Monster Baffles, Ultimate Big Boy, Saddlemen Drifter Bags. 6,700 Miles. Sold.

(New) 2014 V-Star 1300 Tourer, Lindby Hi-Way Bar, Saddle Bag Protectors, Cobra Slip-On, Cobra Fuel Processor, Cobra PowerFlo Intake. Wolo Bad Boy,
ED Seat, Yamaha Light Bar.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 67 (permalink) Old 04-08-2019, 12:45 AM

RBS, your not wrong, and far from a jerk. Imho that is. Wasn’t long ago, a combat vet got arrested, from self defense with deadly weapons.

He used his fists, but was trained hand to hand combat vet.
I believe case was eventually dismissed.
chuck_VTX F, RBS, Harkon and 1 others like this.

06 1800N
post #3 of 67 (permalink) Old 04-08-2019, 07:20 AM

Garage
in junior and senior high school.. I was bullied... all the time...

gym teacher got me into weight lifting.... within a year.. them bullies... were slammed into metal lockers... you slam one into a locker with 50 see-ing it... not much happens after that.

I never learned to fight.. but got real good at putting a person on the ground.... hard.

at the end of it all.. "SKILLS".. are Good.

but then 6'3" and 200 pounds had it own defense. back then.
got to love school.... NOT...

Thank You for your service,
I signed up.. but was 4F.. but I tried. 1968
Harkon, rangers4u and Bikerbob1 like this.

2005 VTX1800 F, type II, Silver Tribal, 88,000 Miles, Purchased Feb, 2005.
MTC clutch & springs.. K&N Air Filter. Garmin 2597 GPS.

Last edited by chuck_VTX F; 04-08-2019 at 07:35 AM.

post #4 of 67 (permalink) Old 04-08-2019, 05:54 PM

i too was bullied in high school and many years before that. My Dad was having none of that. He always said that if he's bigger than you pick up a brick and hit him with it. Well I never did that but I did fight back. Sometimes I lost and sometimes I won and I never gave up. In some cases I was so angry that I would bully someone who disagreed with me. After high school it stopped and life went on. I was the little guy with a big bad Irish temper. School can be awful for some students and the schools need to take a firm hand in controlling it.
chuck_VTX F and RBS like this.
post #5 of 67 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 09:38 AM

Reminded me of the school days back when the person that started the fight got in trouble . now both get in trouble. Here in ky come June 1st , we can legally carry concealed weapon without a permit.
PHATV, RBS and Bikerbob1 like this.
post #6 of 67 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 10:03 AM

Location: I live in the UK in South Yorkshire in a town called Rotherham
In the UK we don't have guns. We do have escalating knife crime though. What we do need is to look out for each other and to get stuck in when we see crime. To live with honour and with duty and to protect those who cannot protect themselves (for whatever reason that is.)
Bikerbob1 likes this.
post #7 of 67 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 06:26 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Engineoops View Post
Here in ky come June 1st , we can legally carry concealed weapon without a permit.
Good to know. Though my state has reciprocity with y'all's on carry permits so I m good, thank you.
Out of curiosity, does that new law apply only to residents of the state?

In the meantime, citizen of Great Britain get knifed with no means of protecting themselves. Liberal pussy-ass ruling at its best. *shrug*

VTX 1800C
post #8 of 67 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 06:29 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavey Dave View Post
In the UK we don't have guns. We do have escalating knife crime though.
I was in the UK last year and dind't realize I was committing horrible crimes by carrying my usual mace and pocket knife around. Glad some of y'all's liberal pussy-ass cops didn't stop me and pat me down. Otherwise I'd be staying in the UK on death row now. *eek*
How are y'all supposed to defend your lives against a thug with a knife or a gun? With a newspaper? Or a pen? I hear it's mightier than the sword. *shrug*
Be safe out there!

VTX 1800C
post #9 of 67 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 07:45 PM

Trudeau wants to leave a mark on his, hopeful, exit soon. He wants to ban all semi-automatic firearms. That supposedly would include many hunting firearms, and most handguns. Apparently a revolver fits his description as semi-automatic. I don't see this going anywhere simply because its been tried before, and there just isn't enough time left to ram it through the legislature, but it's almost like he's a spoiled beat who's being told his turn as team captain is done, so he's going to ruin it for everyone.

Like we don't already have enough firearm restrictions.
PHATV and Bikerbob1 like this.

'12 Road Glide Ultra, Kuryakyn Alley Cat intake, Jackpot Super Duals header, Jackpot HiRoller mufflers, PV Tuner, Daymaker LEDs
post #10 of 67 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 08:33 PM

Location: Santa Barbara California where RED is the FASTEST color!
Fantasyland?

That's the land of people who buy a gun thinking suddenly they no longer have to fear someone walking up to them and beating them to death with a newspaper, or slitting their throat with a credit card, or how about yanking their purse out of their hands, pulling out the tiny handgun they bought for protection and shooting them with it?

My point being that buying/owning a handgun doesn't free anyone from the possiblility of becoming a victim of random violence, and furthermore, statistics show that owning one will likely increase your chances of being shot by that same gun and if you have a teen that they will use it on themselves.

Just buying/owning a gun doesn't mean you know how to use it in self defense and statistically the chances of the average person being in a situation where it saves their life is far outweighed by the chance of them or another family member being injured by that same gun.

Gun owners (I'm one) would have a lot more credibility if they didn't cling to myths so much and base their reasoning on invalid conclusions.

https://www.npr.org/2018/04/13/60214...n-self-defense
Lou_VTX and Bikerbob1 like this.

"A man's got to know his limitations" Clint Eastwood as Dirty Harry

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page