Finally... - Page 2 - VTXOA
 45Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 12:01 PM

Garage
Hmm, whether "hair of the dog" or "hair of the hog", I am not sure I'd like to try.
Care to elaborate?

VTX 1800C
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou_VTX View Post
Hmm, whether "hair of the dog" or "hair of the hog", I am not sure I'd like to try.
Care to elaborate?
If you weren't aware the saying comes from;
https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/ex...ir-of-the-dog/

It's short for "hair of the dog that bit you". If you've ever had a hangover, a drink of whatever made you that way often makes you feel better. That drink is the hair of the dog. I took that further to a bacon hangover, which we know doesn't exist, but was poking fun, and "hair of the hog" was raised more appropriate. So the cure for a bacon hangover would be more bacon.
rangers4u likes this.

'12 Road Glide Ultra, Kuryakyn Alley Cat intake, Jackpot Super Duals header, Jackpot HiRoller mufflers, PV Tuner, Daymaker LEDs
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 12:30 PM

You really had to explain that?
lofty likes this.

2003 1800C Black w/ H-K 3", PC III, Clearview w/s, Hondaline backrest, XM sat. radio, MB 12" shocks, Prog. fr. spgs., Wolo, SPyKER mod, Glen's gas cap, Paladins, Drag Specialties Popsicle pegs, K-N, blackened engine, Kury RTB, mirrors & r. boards, blue LED's, Rivco tach & risers, LeatherLyke bags, backrest bag, w/s tri-pouch, Gen. Altimax RT43, Mich. Cmdr. II, Ult. Lowrider, Showchrome grips. 12-18 VTXCafe Bike of the Month

post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangers4u View Post
The question was asked, so maybe Lou_VTX is richer for having us all as friends.

I think I'm gonna go make a bacon sandwich. I've got a craving again.
dud-57, RBS, estr bunny and 1 others like this.

'12 Road Glide Ultra, Kuryakyn Alley Cat intake, Jackpot Super Duals header, Jackpot HiRoller mufflers, PV Tuner, Daymaker LEDs
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 12:47 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangers4u View Post
Yup!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harkon View Post
The question was asked, so maybe Lou_VTX is richer for having us all as friends.
Thanks for the explanation.

And yes, I am richer for having drinking friends who can explain colloquial hangover cure myths to me.
Since I do not drink heavily to procure any hangovers, this one completely escaped me.

And before anybody asks why I didn't google it myself, I'll answer:
A) I did NOT want to google a phrase I don't know - I've made that mistake once. Only once, though.
B) I prefer socializing and talking to friendly people over googling things quietly and anonymously. Call me old-fashioned.

Aaaaand to stick with the topic, I just got invited to a BBQ run for lunch. I'll straddle my iron horse and go eat half a pig (or as much as I can). I hear they have pork-garlic sausage. And ribs. And mouth-watering brisket.
Y'all hungry yet?
RBS, estr bunny, Harkon and 1 others like this.

VTX 1800C
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 03:49 AM

Just what is the fixation for bacon? We get this horrible stuff imported (from Canada mostly, apparently) which is some sort of chemical dipped pork, which when, cooked looks like all the photos I see on this and other websites. Salty tasteless crap. It is hard to find and expensive, but when you source local SMOKED bacon it is wonderful. Im sure you older blokes on the site have discerning tastebuds and don't eat the dipped stuff. Even good quality bacon I find, once a fortnight with a duck egg is enough. (haven't tried duck eggs? Your life is all the poorer for not having tried. A bit strong in flavour for some, but beautiful to this old fella.)
post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 08:16 AM

Canadian bacon is a mis-nomer. It's more like a ham derivitive.
RBS, Harkon, lofty and 1 others like this.

2003 1800C Black w/ H-K 3", PC III, Clearview w/s, Hondaline backrest, XM sat. radio, MB 12" shocks, Prog. fr. spgs., Wolo, SPyKER mod, Glen's gas cap, Paladins, Drag Specialties Popsicle pegs, K-N, blackened engine, Kury RTB, mirrors & r. boards, blue LED's, Rivco tach & risers, LeatherLyke bags, backrest bag, w/s tri-pouch, Gen. Altimax RT43, Mich. Cmdr. II, Ult. Lowrider, Showchrome grips. 12-18 VTXCafe Bike of the Month
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 09:38 AM

Canadian bacon and back bacon are generally considered the same. I think, that Lofty cited it looks like the pictures, he was referring to bacon (side bacon) but the chemically smoked bacon. I have no doubt that what is imported to Australia is indeed heavily chemically preserved. Likely it would have to be to be allowed to be imported. Due to pathogen importation concerns. Rest assured Lofty, we enjoy very tasty bacon up here in Canada as it's not going to be what you see in Australia from here.
RBS, rangers4u and lofty like this.

post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 11:54 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by lofty View Post
(haven't tried duck eggs? Your life is all the poorer for not having tried. A bit strong in flavour for some, but beautiful to this old fella.)
I agree with your taste buds.
Have you tried dinosaur eggs? Great healthy addition to your breakfast!

VTX 1800C
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou_VTX View Post
I agree with your taste buds.
Have you tried dinosaur eggs? Great healthy addition to your breakfast!

I had them as a teenager, but I can no longer find them.

RBS and rangers4u like this.

2003 1800s, 88k miles

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page