Jury Duty - Page 2 - VTXOA
 23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-07-2019, 08:40 AM Thread Starter
Old Goat

Well dont hold it against me, but trying to get Dr. excuse not to go...if asked questions and I tell them the truth..I may end up on trial...
RBS likes this.

Phil...(71)”Nobody told me I die at the end”
2006 (bought new)...1300R Candy Black Cherry,darkside,foots mod.. ..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-07-2019, 08:58 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TennX View Post
Well dont hold it against me, but trying to get Dr. excuse not to go...if asked questions and I tell them the truth..I may end up on trial...

I agree,,, to a point..

I have 3 documented mental disorders.. you want me there ???
I do take med's for them.

some reasons are acceptable for a dismiss..

before I got ill,, I think I served 6 times..
mostly assault cases..
but hay..... its Cleveland Ohio...
RBS and rangers4u like this.

2005 VTX1800 F, type II, Silver Tribal, 88,000 Miles, Purchased Feb, 2005.
MTC clutch & springs.. K&N Air Filter. Garmin 2597 GPS.
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-07-2019, 09:01 AM

I got jury duty for 1st time about 15 years ago. I filled out the form and mailed it in saying I couldn't come because my back hurt. The judge called me and said if I didn't show up she would send a deputy to get me. Ended up serving on a murder trial .woman shot her husband . we let her go on self defense .all in all it was an interesting month . could have got a full year of jury duty where you call in every Monday to see if you are needed , so all in all felt lucky. . was paid 112.00 .

post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-07-2019, 09:10 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Engineoops View Post
I got jury duty for 1st time about 15 years ago. I filled out the form and mailed it in saying I couldn't come because my back hurt. The judge called me and said if I didn't show up she would send a deputy to get me. Ended up serving on a murder trial .woman shot her husband . we let her go on self defense .all in all it was an interesting month . could have got a full year of jury duty where you call in every Monday to see if you are needed , so all in all felt lucky. . was paid 112.00 .

yep.
$112.00 in place of a month Job pay... costly to you....

plus travel into City.. Parking prices... sometimes Meals...

there went the 112.
rangers4u likes this.

2005 VTX1800 F, type II, Silver Tribal, 88,000 Miles, Purchased Feb, 2005.
MTC clutch & springs.. K&N Air Filter. Garmin 2597 GPS.
post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-07-2019, 09:34 AM

I was once sent a questionaire for possible duty on local U.S. Court. I filled it out honestly, and was never called.
chuck_VTX F likes this.

2003 1800C Black w/ H-K 3", PC III, Clearview w/s, Hondaline backrest, XM sat. radio, MB 12" shocks, Prog. fr. spgs., Wolo, SPyKER mod, Glen's gas cap, Paladins, Drag Specialties Popsicle pegs, K-N, blackened engine, Kury RTB, mirrors & r. boards, blue LED's, Rivco tach & risers, LeatherLyke bags, backrest bag, w/s tri-pouch, Gen. Altimax RT43, Mich. Cmdr. II, Ult. Lowrider, Showchrome grips. 12-18 VTXCafe Bike of the Month
post #16 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-07-2019, 09:50 AM

Several times while living in LA (1985 - 2008 ). Not once since we moved to Wichita, KS in August 2008.

I consider it my civic duty to sit on a jury.

Only one time did I actually get on a trial. Civil trial. Lasted about a week.

Now, to be accurate, my employer at the time (Lockheed), paid my full salary for jury duty. The Van Nuys court LOVED Lockheed folks!

Joe T.
chuck_VTX F and rangers4u like this.

“...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.”
Theodore Roosevelt

Last edited by Joe T; 05-07-2019 at 09:52 AM.
post #17 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-07-2019, 02:21 PM
RBS

I was called once, wasn't picked for a jury.

'07 1300 S XTreme Revolution Intake, Cobra Streetrod Slashdowns, Monster Baffles. 128,788 Miles R.I.P.

'05 1300 S. BAK Slimline, Cobra Streetrod Slashdowns, Monster Baffles, Ultimate Big Boy, Saddlemen Drifter Bags. 6,700 Miles. Sold.

(New) 2014 V-Star 1300 Tourer, Lindby Hi-Way Bar, Saddle Bag Protectors, Cobra Slip-On, Cobra Fuel Processor, Cobra PowerFlo Intake. Wolo Bad Boy,
ED Seat, Yamaha Light Bar.
post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-07-2019, 02:45 PM

I served once. A 15 year old boy was growing weed. His cousin got mad at him and turned him in. They arrested his mom because it was her house. They sent the task force with a state trooper,game warden,county sheriff,several deputys and undercover plain clothes cops to this lady's house, busted the door down,and found 3 little plants OUTSIDE under this kids window. They were sent to the crime lab and it was determined to be .23 grams of marijuana. Wow really? They arrested his single mom and tried real hard to send her to prison for 15 years for manufacturing drugs. I was the only one on jury that did not want to hang this criminal and rip her guts out, and cut her head off. Several jury members looked like aunt bee, they sit home and watch TV all day and said they wanted to make an example of her, and send her 15 year old son and 13 year old daughter to foster care, that would teach her . I was the only one against 11 others that said hell no, send this lady home and instruct her to whip her sons ass . They looked at me like I was the spawn of the devil but i told them all I've got nowhere better to be, I didn't change my mind and wasnt going to so they declared a hung jury and the judge determined the outcome. He sent her home with afine.
RBS and rangers4u like this.

Last edited by [email protected]; 05-07-2019 at 02:48 PM.
post #19 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-07-2019, 03:14 PM Thread Starter
Old Goat

I know I should want to serve but dont...my health is actually legitimate excuse....sent them a Dr.s note waiting on outcome...
chuck_VTX F likes this.

Phil...(71)”Nobody told me I die at the end”
2006 (bought new)...1300R Candy Black Cherry,darkside,foots mod.. ..
post #20 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-07-2019, 03:40 PM

I was called. A standard question is whether the potential juror has had any experience with the justice system. I replied, "Yes"
After answering, outlining the circumstances, I was asked my reaction.
I replied, "It's my opinion that everyone involved is a liar. There is no one believable.
I continued," The cops lie because they want to arrest the individual. They want him (usually) behind bars and suffering.
"The prosecutors lie because they want a conviction that will bolster their scores.
" The defendant lies because he wants to avoid penalties.
"The defense attorney lies, again, because he, like the prosecutor, wants to score wins.
"And the whole comedic farce is presided over by a lackadaisical judiciary generally dedicated to preserving the status quo of the ruling elite."
The DA, a young fellow, innocent, shocked and unbelieving, turned to look at me, and said, "You wouldn't believe me?"
I said nothing. And was not selected. I felt sorry for the defendant, a young Mexican, accused of burglary because the next person chosen for the jury was a Chinese woman who had a poor command of English.
I haven't been called since.
Cheers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page