Refrigerator problem.. - Page 2 - VTXOA
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 11:57 AM

Do you run AC or heat in the house to reduce the humidity of all the air? As wet as many places have been, humidity might be too much for the refrigerator to overcome. When running an air conditioner, the first stage of cooling is dehumidification. Once the humidity is reduced then the room feels cooler. Something, one of the previously mentioned conditions, is making it over-work.

2003 1800C Black w/ H-K 3", PC III, Clearview w/s, Hondaline backrest, XM sat. radio, MB 12" shocks, Prog. fr. spgs., Wolo, SPyKER mod, Glen's gas cap, Paladins, Drag Specialties Popsicle pegs, K-N, blackened engine, Kury RTB, mirrors & r. boards, blue LED's, Rivco tach & risers, LeatherLyke bags, backrest bag, w/s tri-pouch, Gen. Altimax RT43, Mich. Cmdr. II, Ult. Lowrider, Showchrome grips. 12-18 VTXCafe Bike of the Month
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 12:59 PM Thread Starter
Old Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangers4u View Post
Do you run AC or heat in the house to reduce the humidity of all the air? As wet as many places have been, humidity might be too much for the refrigerator to overcome. When running an air conditioner, the first stage of cooling is dehumidification. Once the humidity is reduced then the room feels cooler. Something, one of the previously mentioned conditions, is making it over-work.
U have a point...except happens in all types of household environment...brother had similar problem in one of his rental properties...after $175 and no joy..opted for new unit....

Phil...(71)”Nobody told me I die at the end”
2006 (bought new)...1300R Candy Black Cherry,darkside,foots mod.. ..
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 02:12 PM

Garage
Time running before defrost may be too long, a sign the timer is going, maybe. Most aren't too expensive. I would still make sure whatever it uses to evaporate condensate water is working. Usually a type of heater or even a HotGas line in the pan.

With the people left unguided, For so many troubled years
In a cloud of doubts and fears, Their world was torn asunder into hollow Hemispheres......Neal Peart

post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennX View Post
Thanks guys...coils clean...unit clean..all fans run....its apparent that water is overflowing from right front corner of drain pan...I will inspect it ,,but as most things getting to it will require some effort...will call whirlpool in the morning just to see what they dont know....even though unit is just 9 years old...I dont think I will put money into repair when money better served to buy new...I dont need much in a frig...so replacement shouldn’t cost much....
$2000 new up to $5000. Prices are crazy.
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 05:25 PM Thread Starter
Old Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by guilfoil View Post
$2000 new up to $5000. Prices are crazy.
Not me...No bells and whistles...$700 delivered from Lowes. Is all I need (single man,no kids,no pets)......
rangers4u likes this.

post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennX View Post
Not me...No bells and whistles...$700 delivered from Lowes. Is all I need (single man,no kids,no pets)......
Be very careful with Lowe's warranty policies. A few years ago, I paid for a 50 gal. hot water tank with a 12 year warranty. When it went defective just after a couple years, they replaced no problem, but instead of getting a new 12 year warranty, now this new one was only good for 8-1/2 years. BS.

2003 1800C Black w/ H-K 3", PC III, Clearview w/s, Hondaline backrest, XM sat. radio, MB 12" shocks, Prog. fr. spgs., Wolo, SPyKER mod, Glen's gas cap, Paladins, Drag Specialties Popsicle pegs, K-N, blackened engine, Kury RTB, mirrors & r. boards, blue LED's, Rivco tach & risers, LeatherLyke bags, backrest bag, w/s tri-pouch, Gen. Altimax RT43, Mich. Cmdr. II, Ult. Lowrider, Showchrome grips. 12-18 VTXCafe Bike of the Month
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old Today, 07:20 PM Thread Starter
Old Goat

Fridge....Update

Well u guys on the forum taught me early on K.I.S.S principle...I guess I forgot it....never did find the leak....turned the water off ...problem solved....DUH!!!!!...went old school....water jug and ice trays....I’m a happy camper...thanks for all the replies....
StarrRider likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page