• 2 Post By rangers4u
  • 2 Post By henkvdb
  • 2 Post By TennX
  • 2 Post By beachbumdrl
  • 2 Post By PHATV

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-25-2019, 09:31 AM Thread Starter

A Word of WARNING to all OA users

A few of you visit the VTX Cafe as well as this site: they are both owned by the same company, but are slightly different, and many prefer one over the other. The past few days, the Cafe was given notice that "upgrades" were to be expected. Well, here are some of the pro's and con's I have noticed so far. There was ALWAYS a CHATBOX at the top of the Forum topics page. Maybe 8 or 10 of us regularly or semi-regularly used it, now it's gone. Newbies were always using it for questions instead of the SEARCH box/ function. If a reader on any topic read something he/ she liked, there is a feature to click which posts your 'like' at the lower left of the post. It now has a bolder darker easier to read font. Yay. If you make a post, on any topic, and decide to add or edit something later, the edit feature is gone. Censorship. For some, their avatar pix and signature pix are gone. Some can see things that others cannot. I'm sure there are other things happening there I either am not aware of or just haven't found them yet. Since this is a sister site, what happens to one usually happens to the other, "In the NAME of PROGRESS", so BE AWARE. This crap can, and likely will, happen here too. Peace out.
chuck_VTX F and DrDolittle like this.

2003 1800C Black w/ H-K 3", PC III, Clearview w/s, Hondaline backrest, XM sat. radio, MB 12" shocks, Prog. fr. spgs., Wolo, SPyKER mod, Glen's gas cap, Paladins, Drag Specialties Popsicle pegs, K-N, blackened engine, Kury RTB, mirrors & r. boards, blue LED's, Rivco tach & risers, LeatherLyke bags, backrest bag, w/s tri-pouch, Gen. Altimax RT43, Mich. Cmdr. II, Ult. Lowrider, Showchrome grips. 12-18 VTXCafe Bike of the Month
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-25-2019, 10:50 AM
RBS

From what I remember, after this site was upgraded, it took a few weeks to iron out the kinks.
Maybe the same at the Cafe?

'07 1300 S XTreme Revolution Intake, Cobra Streetrod Slashdowns, Monster Baffles. 128,788 Miles R.I.P.

'05 1300 S. BAK Slimline, Cobra Streetrod Slashdowns, Monster Baffles, Ultimate Big Boy, Saddlemen Drifter Bags. 6,700 Miles. Sold.

(New) 2014 V-Star 1300 Tourer, Lindby Hi-Way Bar, Saddle Bag Protectors, Cobra Slip-On, Cobra Fuel Processor, Cobra PowerFlo Intake. Wolo Bad Boy,
ED Seat, Yamaha Light Bar.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-25-2019, 11:22 AM

Just report problems and give people some time to understand and fix if needed.
I for one have not had or seen one problem.
I of course don't use every feature, until yesterday I did not even know there was a 'chatbox'.
But after spending 47 years in the software world all I can say is "sh.t happens".

Just as an example: IBM, many moons ago, ended up with a bug in a program that contained only ONE instruction.
vtox and rangers4u like this.

2003 1800s, 88k miles

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-25-2019, 11:30 AM
Old Goat

No offense to the cafe but years ago I made a chice......hope both sites survive....
beachbumdrl and rangers4u like this.

Phil...(71)”Nobody told me I die at the end”
2006 (bought new)...1300R Candy Black Cherry,darkside,foots mod.. ..
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-25-2019, 04:32 PM

After all the changes years ago I had trouble logging in to the Cafe so I just let it go and have never been back. Been a member here since I bought my '06 1300 C and then later the '07 1800 N. Lots of knowledge here so I'm happy with just the original forum.

Dan
TennX and RBS like this.

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f242/soonernomo/CAM00074_zps18241eb3.jpg

'07 1800N, Ultimate Big Boy seat, USA Trailer Store fairing w/Long Ride Shields 9" windshield, Leather Lyke bags, G-Max 195/60-16 tire, MCHitch trailer hitch, Cycle Mate CM2000 trailer
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-25-2019, 10:13 PM

I'm getting older and don't care for change. You kids get the fu(k off my lawn!

LJ and rangers4u like this.

"IF YOU LOVE WEALTH GREATER THAN LIBERTY, THE TRANQUILITY OF SERVITUDE GREATER THAN THE ANIMATING CONTEST FOR FREEDOM, GO HOME FROM US IN PEACE. WE SEEK NOT YOUR CONSEL, NOR YOUR ARMS. CROUCH DOWN AND LICK THE HAND THAT FEEDS YOU; MAY YOUR CHAINS SET LIGHTLY UPON YOU, AND MAY POSTERITY FORGET THAT YOU WERE OUR COUNTRYMEN!" ---SAMUEL ADAMS

"ELECTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES! WE WON!!!"---BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA, 2012

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page