Perhaps the most hideous revolver ever! - VTXOA
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-13-2019, 11:57 AM Thread Starter

Perhaps the most hideous revolver ever!

Just caught a glance of the new “S333 Thunderstruck”. Let’s just say I’m not a fan.

https://www.ballisticmag.com/2019/07...uck-available/
PHATV likes this.

Si vis pacem, para bellum.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-13-2019, 12:36 PM
Super Moderator

Looks like a hose sprayer.

Gotta ask, why?

And in .22lr? Another, why?
Harkon likes this.

M8 Fat Boy S Bonneville Salt Pearl

post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-13-2019, 01:01 PM
Old Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtox View Post
Looks like a hose sprayer.

Gotta ask, why?

And in .22lr? Another, why?
Actually thats a magnum round...but still fugly...I will stick with my pair of stainless single sixes with interchangeable magnum cylinders......

Phil...(71)ĒNobody told me I die at the endĒ
2006 (bought new)...1300R Candy Black Cherry,darkside,foots mod.. ..

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-13-2019, 05:12 PM

"Barrel Length: 1.25 inches"
!!!

"It's my life and I'll get pissed if I want to." - icopus
"Just because your voice reaches halfway around the world doesn't mean you are wiser than when it reached only to the end of the bar." - E.R. Murrow
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-13-2019, 09:46 PM

I have to agree with VTOX. Why?

If I could get a third finger on that trigger I might have been sold. But only two . . . That has to feel weird when pulling. The Stapler would have been a more appropriate name.

Ugly yes but AMC sold a lot of Gremlins, Pacers and Matadors so there is a market for ugly.
BobD likes this.

When you are young you want what everyone else has . . when you are old you want what everyone else had.
D. Lee Schulte I ride a Honda because Toyota doesn't make motorcycles. 2005 VTX 1800N3 (black)
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-14-2019, 11:12 AM Thread Starter

LOL. It’s been many years since Back Mtn Man was a member here, but he was always a staunch defender of AMC. ��

But, back to this handgun: I’m a big supporter of innovation and bucking convention, which is why I actually like the Rhino revolver series, with the barrel axis super low to mitigate muzzle rise. Yes, it is ugly, but its ugliness has a purpose. But this Thunderbrick takes the “innovation” of twin barrels and wraps the whole concept into something just weird. I can’t imagine it will ever sell well enough to recoup the development and tooling costs. But maybe their insights into the market are much sharper than mine. Time will tell.
PHATV likes this.

Si vis pacem, para bellum.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-15-2019, 05:55 AM

Location: I live in the UK in South Yorkshire in a town called Rotherham
Here is my two penneth (coming from a non-gun owning country)
The thunderstruck is being marketed as a personal protection item. As a personal protection item, I think it is a really good concept just think for a few minutes.
I do not like guns, the stats are there! I am more likely to kill myself or one of my family (accidentally) owning one of those damned things
I have seen all the videos on youtube about what's cool and they are big things with shiny barrels and they kick like a mule I haven't been to the gym in ages and probably couldn't hit the broad side of a barn door with that level of kick. Nor do I have the time energy and motivation to spend the hours and hours of practice needed to become proficient. But.......I do know that crime is on the rise. Fox, CNN, ABC all report on the horrific things happening on our streets. People just are not safe. My friend Josh got mugged four times last year. Oh, but Wait. What's this? Thunderstruck? doesn't look big at all, that would fit in my man-bag hell that would even fit in my pocket, It also has a safety built into the trigger so its a lot safer than most other guns out there. mmmmmmmmmmmmm? .22 so It won't have a lot of kick either and if I do miss it ain't gonna blow some poor innocent into the next life, and as a plus point, it shoots two bullets at once so I guess that gives it enough extra oomph to make someone think twice. I could probably afford a few hours to go through the local Sheriffs gun safety course. Yeah sure it's small and doesn't have a lot of range but I will only use it if I am being mugged or if someone is in my kitchen and shouldn't be there. I don't believe we will have a zombie apocalypse that's just stupid. The police and our great armed forces will protect us from anything else. OOH, I just thought I bet My wife Nettie (she is a realtor) would feel a lot safer with one of these in her handbag, and we could both do the sheriffs course together. Oh, and there is Nan who is housebound too.

There you have it. Take off your cool goggles and this little device may well make a lot of sense to a lot of people.

Jonathan Seagull discovered that Boredom & fear & anger are the reason a gulls life is so short,
and with these things gone from his thought, he lived a long, fine life indeed
Richard Bach-Jonathan Livingstone Seagull
VTX1800 C lightly customised
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-15-2019, 05:51 PM
LJ

LOL...I thought this was a joke at first. Then I watched the video.

The concept is, well...unique and different. Personally, I'd like to at least handle it and shoot it, if I could get my two big fingers on the trigger. I didn't see what the lbs were on the trigger pull, but nevertheless, this gun would take some getting used to, and I suspect, a lot of practice to become proficient with it, as with any gun. One had better hope they take down any perp with eight bullets, because they won't have time to reload.

This gun is a 'close in weapon'...as noted in their video. The accuracy will become much lower after 15 yards. Again, I'd have to fire it to see how well it did for me. That's when I would decide whether I wanted to toss out some high $$$$ for this 'thing' of low power. I won't even get into ballistics damage...well, you know, all that .22 cal. lead bouncing around inside one's body upon penetration.

This gun is being hyped for those who are NOT confident in their ability to send single rounds downrange and hitting their intended target. This gun will provide a high sense of false security for many...and may just end up being more than they bargained for. Of course, my comments are purely from my own 25 year expertise in firearms training. So don't take my word for it...do some research if you're considering this gun, or any other one.

Other than that...I think it's purty.

This post created with 100% recycled electrons.

Take Care...and, Stay Safe!

LJ
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-15-2019, 05:56 PM
LJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavey Dave View Post
I don't believe we will have a zombie apocalypse that's just stupid.
Oh...it's coming. It just won't be like "The Walking Dead". And I ain't stupid!

This post created with 100% recycled electrons.

Take Care...and, Stay Safe!

LJ
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-17-2019, 10:53 PM

I don't know about personal protection. But two rounds with each pull makes it a Saturday Night Special killing machine, I'd say. Not sure what other purpose it would have. A nice throwaway killing device. How much?
$369? I'll take two.

"IF YOU LOVE WEALTH GREATER THAN LIBERTY, THE TRANQUILITY OF SERVITUDE GREATER THAN THE ANIMATING CONTEST FOR FREEDOM, GO HOME FROM US IN PEACE. WE SEEK NOT YOUR CONSEL, NOR YOUR ARMS. CROUCH DOWN AND LICK THE HAND THAT FEEDS YOU; MAY YOUR CHAINS SET LIGHTLY UPON YOU, AND MAY POSTERITY FORGET THAT YOU WERE OUR COUNTRYMEN!" ---SAMUEL ADAMS

"ELECTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES! WE WON!!!"---BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA, 2012

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page