colonoscopy - VTXOA
 44Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-02-2019, 08:24 AM Thread Starter
Old Goat

colonoscopy

For those that might give a chit... ...had procedure yesterday....3 removed ,no other surprises..one more thing off the F——kit list...I would strongly recommend having this done(I waited until 71)..The Life you save could be your own....good luck
LJ, VTXCRZR, rangers4u and 3 others like this.

Phil...(72)”Nobody told me I die at the end”
2006 (bought new)...1300R Candy Black Cherry,darkside,foots mod.. ..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-02-2019, 08:37 AM

Garage
True Tenn X. Had my first last year, (57). Prep is worse than procedure.. Scared the chit out of me...
The 100' hose on reel beside you will do that...
LJ, TennX, rangers4u and 1 others like this.

Last edited by Curt E; 08-02-2019 at 08:43 AM.
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-02-2019, 08:52 AM

Cool

At the age of 47 I had to have 18in of my colon removed. I'am 64 now and still cancer free. I agree, no mater what age you are get it done.
LJ, VTXCRZR, TennX and 5 others like this.

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-02-2019, 09:03 AM

So many people are afraid of it.. it can be life or death if you wait too long..guy I know had issues and didn't go in, waited...& one day he got so sick, like having the flu, stomach problems...went into ER & after scans & tests...he had stage 4 colon cancer....waited too long! he didn't make it. it was preventable..
Curt E likes this.

2003 VTX 1800 R
2014 Can-am RT Limited Spyder
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-02-2019, 09:28 AM

Had my first at 52, after putting it off 2 years. Recommended from age 50 & up. If nothing shows the first or subsequent times, then the recommended repeat procedure times greatly increase too. Meaning if nothing is there, you might not need a repeat for 4 or 5 years. If nothing the 2nd time, maybe 7-10 years. If anything found the first time, then they recommend at first 2 years. Then intervals go up from there if clear. It's usually the stigma, esp. for a male, of having anything stuck in yer tushie, let alone a garden hose. My first time was just a sigmoidoscopy, or the lower colon. They found a polyp there, so since I was already prepped, they continued to the "end of the line", lol. Nothing further was found, so it was "worth the trip". Several subsequent procedures have been clear, so that makes me feel better. I'll likely have to have another either next year or the year after, but if that is clear too, it'll be my last. The vile stuff you have to drink is pathetic. Some Physicians prescribe a couple pills as the prep clean-out choice. I find that for a dental procedure I had, a Z pack for 5 days totally cleaned me out, and thats what I want the next time. Good luck to all who have it done, and may your results be as good as mine were.
LJ, TennX, Curt E and 1 others like this.

2003 1800C Black w/ H-K 3", PC III, Clearview w/s, Hondaline backrest, XM sat. radio, MB 12" shocks, Prog. fr. spgs., Wolo, SPyKER mod, Glen's gas cap, Paladins, Drag Specialties Popsicle pegs, K-N, blackened engine, Kury RTB, mirrors & r. boards, blue LED's, Rivco tach & risers, LeatherLyke bags, backrest bag, w/s tri-pouch, Gen. Altimax RT43, Mich. Cmdr. II, Ult. Lowrider, Showchrome grips. 12-18 VTXCafe Bike of the Month
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-02-2019, 09:50 AM

Watched my aunt die with colon cancer . started getting the colonoscopy at fifty , get it every 5 years . another thing us men sometimes don't watch is blood pressure . high bp can stroke you out or pplain old wear out your heart. Eo
rangers4u and Earl Riviere like this.
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-02-2019, 10:01 AM

Had my first in my late to mid thirties because of ulcerative colitis and have had probably 4 or 5 since (approaching mid fifties) and past due. The prep is definitely the worst part and the nap under the anesthesia or breakfast afterward is the best.
rangers4u likes this.

2003 VTX 1300S
Member Team Drew
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-02-2019, 10:24 AM Thread Starter
Old Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newtovtx View Post
Had my first in my late to mid thirties because of ulcerative colitis and have had probably 4 or 5 since (approaching mid fifties) and past due. The prep is definitely the worst part and the nap under the anesthesia or breakfast afterward is the best.
I had a heck of a dream while under and then ....(hopefully not to offend)....I filled up on Chick-fil-a ...
rangers4u, Curt E and Newtovtx like this.

Phil...(72)”Nobody told me I die at the end”
2006 (bought new)...1300R Candy Black Cherry,darkside,foots mod.. ..
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-02-2019, 11:01 AM

Glad it went well.

Joe T.

“...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.”
Theodore Roosevelt
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-02-2019, 11:11 AM

Had one done when i was 50, now i'm 61 3/4. I have a pic. lol

https://www.vtxoa.com/forums/members...0-img-0531.jpg
2007 VTX 1300R Pearl Challenger Brown (aka Titanium)

Last edited by VTXArizona; 08-02-2019 at 11:13 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page