Black guy with a gun... another great (and under-reported) CCW story - VTXOA
 40Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-03-2019, 08:25 AM Thread Starter

Black guy with a gun... another great (and under-reported) CCW story

It's sort of easy to second-guess the tactical decisions people make in the heat of battle, but when you look at the big picture, this is a total success story. Geee, I wonder why it wasn't more widely reported?

https://www.pilotonline.com/news/cri...qga-story.html
LJ, PCX, RBS and 3 others like this.

Si vis pacem, para bellum.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-03-2019, 09:08 AM

I for one applaud his actions. His race had nothing to do with "doing the right thing". He -is- a hero.
LJ, RBS, Capt. Rory and 4 others like this.

2003 1800C Black w/ H-K 3", PC III, Clearview w/s, Hondaline backrest, XM sat. radio, MB 12" shocks, Prog. fr. spgs., Wolo, SPyKER mod, Glen's gas cap, Paladins, Drag Specialties Popsicle pegs, K-N, blackened engine, Kury RTB, mirrors & r. boards, blue LED's, Rivco tach & risers, LeatherLyke bags, backrest bag, w/s tri-pouch, Gen. Altimax RT43, Mich. Cmdr. II, Ult. Lowrider, Showchrome grips. 12-18 VTXCafe Bike of the Month
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-03-2019, 10:29 AM
LJ

The location of this shooting occurred about 3 miles from me...I know the area well. It's not a slum, run-down area either. These perps were on a roll that night robbing 7-11's. Two dirtbags taken out of action due to one man with a CCW and who did the right thing. Hope his life gets better for him...
dud-57, PCX, RBS and 5 others like this.

This post created with 100% recycled electrons.

Take Care...and, Stay Safe!

LJ

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-03-2019, 04:03 PM

Where is that Go-Fund-Me page ? The real authentic one, not a look-alike scam. Ill make a contribution.
dud-57, RBS, rangers4u and 1 others like this.

2003 VTX 1800R
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-04-2019, 01:25 AM

Better nerves than me shooting one-handed and holding a Big Gulp or whatever in that situation. Range time might not make you perfect but it definitely can make you more accurate than most. Practicing your draws (concealed carry) is probably as, if not more, important than hitting targets at 21 feet when it comes down to it. Hopefully, we never find ourselves in that situation.

Never put too much stock in color. Good and bad across the spectrum.

To the subject, of the post, good response and ending for yourself and your fellow man.
RBS likes this.

When you are young you want what everyone else has . . when you are old you want what everyone else had.
D. Lee Schulte I ride a Honda because Toyota doesn't make motorcycles. 2005 VTX 1800N3 (black)
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-04-2019, 10:08 PM

[Black Woman] Shoots Robbers trying to grab her purse

The major media have spared no expense in trying to make sure no one could easily see that the victim was a black woman. They made it very difficult to find a video of the woman, or even a photograph of her - even the yootube has nothing but a clickbait link about it for fear everyone will be able to put the face of an armed black woman unafraid to exercise her right to life. Here is one video, but the victim is only at the very end, it's kind of like they really didn't want her to be seen in the video but were kindof sortof obligated, and you can't copy the video url, just the web page link...

"I shot until I couldn't shoot anymore," Lachelle Hudgins said. "I saved my life." works for me

https://ktrh.iheart.com/featured/mic...e-was-packing/

2003 VTX 1800R

Last edited by pushrod; 09-04-2019 at 10:57 PM.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-05-2019, 11:19 AM
LJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by pushrod View Post
The major media have spared no expense in trying to make sure no one could easily see that the victim was a black woman. They made it very difficult to find a video of the woman, or even a photograph of her - even the yootube has nothing but a clickbait link about it for fear everyone will be able to put the face of an armed black woman unafraid to exercise her right to life. Here is one video, but the victim is only at the very end, it's kind of like they really didn't want her to be seen in the video but were kindof sortof obligated, and you can't copy the video url, just the web page link...

"I shot until I couldn't shoot anymore," Lachelle Hudgins said. "I saved my life." works for me

https://ktrh.iheart.com/featured/mic...e-was-packing/
I'm glad she at least had the two rounds to fire...which seemed to be enough for this incident/situation. I'm glad she's okay. However, she needs to do what she needs to do to get that gun loaded to the max. msm doesn't say what type of gun, so I'm assuming at least a 9mm, if not a .380. She got lucky/fortunate with just having these two rounds, but it does no good to not have a full loaded magazine and an extra one in case it's needed.
RBS and Capt. Rory like this.

This post created with 100% recycled electrons.

Take Care...and, Stay Safe!

LJ
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-06-2019, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dud-57 View Post
It's sort of easy to second-guess the tactical decisions people make in the heat of battle, but when you look at the big picture, this is a total success story. Geee, I wonder why it wasn't more widely reported?

https://www.pilotonline.com/news/cri...qga-story.html
The title of the original story was "He walked into a Virginia Beach 7-Eleven for a Big Gulp. He ended up shooting 2 robbers, killing 1" Why did you mention race in the title for your repost? Its a story about a guy who was in the wrong place at the wrong time and did the right thing. Unesserialy drawing attention to race in your title smacks of liberal race-baiting.
henkvdb likes this.

2003 VTX 1800 C, Rinehart Exhaust, Hypercharger, PCIII, Custom map for each cylinder, 1300 FD, Spec 3 F-wheels, 200x50x18 Metzler

Last edited by VTXCRZR; 09-06-2019 at 07:23 PM.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-06-2019, 07:59 PM

Garage
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTXCRZR View Post
.... race in your title smacks of liberal race-baiting.
His title is fine.
pushrod likes this.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-06-2019, 08:21 PM

Probable to point out that not all black men are criminals. Good for him. Hope he got a free gulp.
RBS and pushrod like this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page