Ms. "J" Passed Peacefully On 9 September... - VTXOA
 18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-13-2019, 02:57 PM Thread Starter
LJ

Ms. "J" Passed Peacefully On 9 September...

Some of you may recall, back on 26 January, I started a thread about "Dementia / Alzheimer's", where I gave some back history on a dear friend my wife and I were caring for...Ms. "J". Her name was Geraldine, but she went by "Jerry" as her nick-name. Originally, I had stated she was 75 at the time, but she was actually 76...and she had just turned 77 in July of this year.

Her sickness finally took its toll on her body, and at approximately 2 AM Monday morning, 9 September, Jerry passed away peacefully in her sleep. My wife and I were notified at 4 AM...which started a 19 hour day for us. Please, don't misunderstand me...I'm NOT complaining here...no, never. Nevertheless, it's been a very busy week in making arrangements, contacting Jerry's family, (all from out of state) etc., etc...some of you know of what I speak of. We laid Jerry to rest yesterday at 1 PM with a very nice ceremony (aren't they all?) and said our final goodbyes.

Losing Jerry, my dear friend for so many years, was bittersweet. My heart was torn between still wanting her here to see and talk to, yet...another part of me felt relief and blessed on Jerry's part, for she is no longer just "living" within her mind and thoughts. Jerry was very frail at the end, no more than 95 lbs, and her quality of life was really not there, although she received tremendous professional care at the Senior Living Facility, by staff, nurses and even other residents. She was admired and loved by many during her stay. I know she did not suffer physically, nor mentally in any extreme.

In closing...I just want to Thank everyone who commented back in January and provided thoughts and prayers on behalf of Ms. Jerry. I truly appreciate your words, insight and the sharing of your own personal experiences. Thank you all for being there.

Respectfully,

Ken LJ
BobD, RBS, rangers4u and 2 others like this.

This post created with 100% recycled electrons.

Take Care...and, Stay Safe!

LJ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-13-2019, 03:18 PM
Super Moderator

Sorry to hear this LJ. I hope the good memories you have will help you through the pain of your loss.
LJ, BobD and RBS like this.

M8 Fat Boy S Bonneville Salt Pearl

post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-13-2019, 03:23 PM

It sounds like she was very blessed to have you care for her. It also sounds like it was a blessing to be able to care for her.
LJ likes this.

AN ATTITUDE OF GRATITUDE! Thank you, Jesus. (I am amazed at the grace and patience you have shown.)
Silver 2005 VTX1300S

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-13-2019, 03:28 PM

You, sir, are a special friend. God Bless You and your wife.

Joe T.
LJ likes this.

“...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.”
Theodore Roosevelt
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-13-2019, 05:09 PM
Old Goat

condolences to family and friends...May she Rest In Peace....
LJ likes this.

Phil...(72)”Nobody told me I die at the end”
2006 (bought new)...1300R Candy Black Cherry,darkside,foots mod.. ..
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-13-2019, 05:30 PM

Sadly a friends such as you and your wife are a rarity in this world. My deepest condolences.
LJ likes this.

2003 VTX 1800 C, Rinehart Exhaust, Hypercharger, PCIII, Custom map for each cylinder, 1300 FD, Spec 3 F-wheels, 200x50x18 Metzler
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-14-2019, 10:53 AM

Garage
A quote from Winnie the Pooh seems appropriate here: "How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard." She sounds like she was a special lady cared for by remarkable friends. My sympathies in your loss of such a dear friend. Prayers for your family and hers.
LJ, BobD and Newtovtx like this.

2006 VTX 1800S3. National Cycle 2-Up Windshield, Hondaline Driving Lights, Paladin Crash Bars, Luggage Rack, Viking Bags VTX 1800 S Shock-Cutout Slanted, Studded Large Motorcycle Saddle Bags hard-mounted.

"Education is a progressive discovery of our own ignorance." - Will Durante
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-14-2019, 11:45 AM

Garage
Sorry for your loss Ken. Her struggles are finally over (mixed emotions). It is such a terrible disease!
LJ likes this.

LETS MAKE AMERICA MISERABLE AGAIN

No matter how the media spins Islam then and now, Sharia Law and our U.S. Constitution are not compatible. Moral relativism and tolerance to the point of ignorance will result in national suicide.

Freedom Outpost op/ed

"Darkside" 3/22/11 Yokohama Avid Touring S P205/60R16
2005 1800N2
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-14-2019, 12:53 PM

There are friends and there are friends. You and your wife were the latter.

Condolences to family and friends.
LJ likes this.

When you are young you want what everyone else has . . when you are old you want what everyone else had.
D. Lee Schulte I ride a Honda because Toyota doesn't make motorcycles. 2005 VTX 1800N3 (black)
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-15-2019, 01:41 PM Thread Starter
LJ

Thanks to all of you for your kind words and caring thoughts, once again. As always, I truly appreciate them.

Ms. Jerry had a Will, which involves her oldest daughter, (and only beneficiary) so we'll be assisting her in tying up all the loose ends that are involved with that. We are not the executor of the Will, a lawyer is...so we're hoping our part will make this process run smoothly and without a long drawn out process. Nevertheless, Ms Jerry had a substantial financial asset remaining...and most of us know how "money" changes family.

Anyway...enough of that.

LJ

This post created with 100% recycled electrons.

Take Care...and, Stay Safe!

LJ

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page