VTXOA

VTXOA (https://www.vtxoa.com/forums/)
-   The OTE (Off Topic Experiment) (https://www.vtxoa.com/forums/70-ote-off-topic-experiment/)
-   -   Anyone in here trade the markets? (https://www.vtxoa.com/forums/70-ote-off-topic-experiment/465130-anyone-here-trade-markets.html)

Sandman333 09-17-2019 01:57 PM

Anyone in here trade the markets?

1 Attachment(s)
Years ago I exchanged some private messages with a forum member here who was into trading the markets. Within the last two years, I've renewed my effort to get into trading successfully, but I cannot remember that forum member's name. Does anyone here remember a member that used to trade? Is anyone else into trading the markets? Attached are my trades in my paper account today. Up $1575 in ULTA.

dud-57 09-18-2019 06:04 PM

I suppose you might say I dabble a bit. :D

As I recall, it was YOU who tipped me onto the growth potential of Tazer, some time back before the ugly scenes of Ferguson, MO. I think that stock more than quadrupled during the time I held it. A nice 6 figure boost. :thumbup: Another excellent tip that came from right here in the Hotbox was related to Obama trying to smear some of the ratings companies - McGraw-Hill and others. I'm still holding that, and up by a >5x factor.

Sandman333 09-18-2019 06:24 PM

Nice!

I bought BMRN at $6.29. Still holding some. Unfortunately I wasn't paying attention when it was $150. About half that now, but still. Whoever I had been talking to here had recommended a book- Trend Trading for a Living.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Sandman333 09-19-2019 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dud-57 (Post 4611214)
I suppose you might say I dabble a bit. :D

As I recall, it was YOU who tipped me onto the growth potential of Tazer, some time back before the ugly scenes of Ferguson, MO. I think that stock more than quadrupled during the time I held it. A nice 6 figure boost. [emoji106] Another excellent tip that came from right here in the Hotbox was related to Obama trying to smear some of the ratings companies - McGraw-Hill and others. I'm still holding that, and up by a >5x factor.

What have you been investing in lately? I've been working on options swing trades. I "made" over $4K the other day, while risking much less capital.

dud-57 09-19-2019 09:00 AM

Im just a bland old equities trader. But with the market volatility that has give plenty of opportunity for 10% gains in less than a week. Apple, FB, Google, Amazon have all given multiple arractive entry and exits this year. But my Form 8949 can sure get long. :grin2:

DarkShadow 09-20-2019 06:50 AM

The markets are a bubble.

DarkShadow 09-20-2019 06:51 AM

Sandman333 10-02-2019 04:15 AM

TDA followed Schwab yesterday in eliminating most commissions for equities and options, matching IB's recent change. Equities are now free, and all 3 price options at 65 per contract.

TDA (AMTD) dropped over 25% yesterday on the news. I picked up 25 Jan 17 $50 Calls @ 15. Looking to add other strikes and expirys here this week, expecting a price recovery in AMTD as the shock over the fee structure sorts itself out.

lofty 10-03-2019 04:09 AM

Sounds like you are quite the gambler Sandman. I used to buy and sit on stocks (Aust) as a younger man but have now cashed out, as the humble amount I now have, is what I have. At my age I'm happy with a bit more security. However my retirement savings are mostly in shares and your president is making markets world wide go wobbly with the China trade war. I agree with putting tariff's on Chinese products, and everyone world wide should be doing it.

Sandman333 10-03-2019 05:09 AM

This thread isn't about politics.