• 3 Post By henkvdb
  • 6 Post By Chicago-Spike
  • 2 Post By Harkon

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-12-2019, 06:00 PM Thread Starter
RBS

Suffer From Constipation?

All natural constipation cure
Harkon, steveroy60 and henkvdb like this.

Democrats & Republicans- 2 Sides Of A Counterfeit Coin.

I'm Not Politically Correct - I'm Honest.

'07 1300 S XTreme Revolution Intake, Cobra Streetrod Slashdowns, Monster Baffles. 128,788 Miles R.I.P.

(New) 2014 V-Star 1300 Tourer, Lindby Hi-Way Bar, Saddle Bag Protectors, Cobra Slip-On, Cobra Fuel Processor, Cobra PowerFlo Intake. Wolo Bad Boy,
ED Seat, Yamaha Light Bar.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-12-2019, 06:36 PM

In 2014, riding from Deadwood during the Sturgis rally, in the rain, back to our camp, a tree was hit not but 100 yards from the road. Yup ... underwear check!
rangers4u likes this.

'12 Road Glide Ultra, Kuryakyn Alley Cat intake, Jackpot Super Duals header, Jackpot HiRoller mufflers, PV Tuner, Daymaker LEDs
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-12-2019, 09:42 PM

Yup that will do it.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-13-2019, 12:33 AM Thread Starter
RBS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harkon View Post
In 2014, riding from Deadwood during the Sturgis rally, in the rain, back to our camp, a tree was hit not but 100 yards from the road. Yup ... underwear check!

I wouldn't have to check, I'd know...
Harkon likes this.

'07 1300 S XTreme Revolution Intake, Cobra Streetrod Slashdowns, Monster Baffles. 128,788 Miles R.I.P.

(New) 2014 V-Star 1300 Tourer, Lindby Hi-Way Bar, Saddle Bag Protectors, Cobra Slip-On, Cobra Fuel Processor, Cobra PowerFlo Intake. Wolo Bad Boy,
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-13-2019, 12:53 AM Thread Starter
RBS

Not to change the subject...but this reminded me...

A few years ago I got caught in a downpour, the sky turned real dark,with lightning like the pic, which isn't too common here.
Pulled under a bridge to wait it out.

A couple minutes later a State cop pulls up behind me.
We're sitting there for a few minutes & he's still in the cruiser.

I look back, & he waves, then give me the "Thumbs up."

After a couple more minutes it's let up enough to ride home, so I start the bike.
As I pull out, he does too, then passes me.

As he did, I noticed he had his rear facing part of his lightbar flashing, then he turned it off.
I'm guessing with it being so dark with the rain & lightning, he was behind me with his lites on so no one who had the same idea as I did & stop under the bridge, would hit me.

BobD, Capt. Rory and Harkon like this.

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-13-2019, 01:07 AM

It is more likely he did not want to get hit himself by some moron live-streaming himself riding in the raaaaaaaaaaiiiiiii.......

RBS, Harkon and rangers4u like this.

2003 1800s, 88k miles
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-14-2019, 11:39 AM
Pope "papa" of the VTXOA

I was actually hit by lightning about 20 years ago. I never saw anything. One second I was pulling a 6 foot load bar of aluminum up into the freezer truck I was driving, next thing I know I am waking up on the ground outside the truck with several women standing over me mouthing to me "What happened...We heard you scream......are you all right...." I was driving a truck for Market Day, a school co-op that would sell food to parents for profit for the school. I was at a little Catholic school Our Lady of the Ridge in Chicago Ridge, IL. when a bad storm front came rolling in. We just finished the unload and the Market Day Rep asked if I wanted help before the rains came. Told her I got it, thank God I did, whe would have been on the ground when that lightning hit the large tree I was parked under. I was up inside the truck so I just got a finger of the main bolt of lightning. 6 of the fingers of my gloves were charred and I had a hole in my right shoe sole. I spent the night in the ICU hooked up to all kinds of heart monitors. I lost my hearing for around 5 hours. That was a bad day indeed but all I could think about was "Oh crap!! What the heck did I scream when I was hit? " There were classrooms right there and all I could hope was "Hope I didn't yell something like 'Holy F... "

PS......I didn't crap my pants
BobD, RBS, Capt. Rory and 3 others like this.

AMA Life Member 721314
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-14-2019, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago-Spike View Post
I was actually hit by lightning about 20 years ago. I never saw anything. One second I was pulling a 6 foot load bar of aluminum up into the freezer truck I was driving, next thing I know I am waking up on the ground outside the truck with several women standing over me mouthing to me "What happened...We heard you scream......are you all right...." I was driving a truck for Market Day, a school co-op that would sell food to parents for profit for the school. I was at a little Catholic school Our Lady of the Ridge in Chicago Ridge, IL. when a bad storm front came rolling in. We just finished the unload and the Market Day Rep asked if I wanted help before the rains came. Told her I got it, thank God I did, whe would have been on the ground when that lightning hit the large tree I was parked under. I was up inside the truck so I just got a finger of the main bolt of lightning. 6 of the fingers of my gloves were charred and I had a hole in my right shoe sole. I spent the night in the ICU hooked up to all kinds of heart monitors. I lost my hearing for around 5 hours. That was a bad day indeed but all I could think about was "Oh crap!! What the heck did I scream when I was hit? " There were classrooms right there and all I could hope was "Hope I didn't yell something like 'Holy F... "

PS......I didn't crap my pants

Thankful you are here to tell us about it. Wasn't your time I guess.
Chicago-Spike and RBS like this.

'12 Road Glide Ultra, Kuryakyn Alley Cat intake, Jackpot Super Duals header, Jackpot HiRoller mufflers, PV Tuner, Daymaker LEDs
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-15-2019, 10:36 AM
Pope "papa" of the VTXOA

Thanks, I'm pretty glad too. So is my wife, seeing this happened on the 10th anniversary of our first date.

AMA Life Member 721314

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page