Going on a ride tomorrow - VTXOA
 16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-25-2019, 11:26 PM Thread Starter
God

Going on a ride tomorrow

I'm going to visit my brother tomorrow 140 miles away. Not a long ride, but further than I normally go on weekends. I've had this horrible feeling all week like something bad is going to happen. I don't believe in premonitions but. . . I'm not posting this for attention, in fact I hope no one even reads it until I get back home on Monday. When I get down to ventura I'll post on this thread and when I get back home I will post again. Should this be my last post on this forum then I guess I didn't make it back home for whatever reason. This is a really great community and I hope im on the vtxoa daily for the next few years
rangers4u and steveroy60 like this.

Espresso and motorcycles both have a way of making us feel alive, happy and free. Both of these thing, however, can be ruined if you don't start with good G R O U N D S.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-25-2019, 11:38 PM

You'll have a great time!

Enjoy your ride!
PHATV likes this.

https://www.vtxoa.com/forums/members...0-img-0531.jpg
2007 VTX 1300R Pearl Challenger Brown (aka Titanium)
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-25-2019, 11:56 PM

What a weirdo OTE post for a biker.

I vote to ban this clown.

That said, safe travels.

"IF YOU LOVE WEALTH GREATER THAN LIBERTY, THE TRANQUILITY OF SERVITUDE GREATER THAN THE ANIMATING CONTEST FOR FREEDOM, GO HOME FROM US IN PEACE. WE SEEK NOT YOUR CONSEL, NOR YOUR ARMS. CROUCH DOWN AND LICK THE HAND THAT FEEDS YOU; MAY YOUR CHAINS SET LIGHTLY UPON YOU, AND MAY POSTERITY FORGET THAT YOU WERE OUR COUNTRYMEN!" ---SAMUEL ADAMS

"ELECTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES! WE WON!!!"---BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA, 2012

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-26-2019, 12:17 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by God View Post
I'm going to visit my brother tomorrow 140 miles away. Not a long ride, but further than I .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ........ This is a really great community and I hope im on the vtxoa daily for the next few years
;;;
Attached Images
File Type: jpg horeebluss.JPG (109.1 KB, 4 views)
rangers4u likes this.

Last edited by DrDolittle; 10-26-2019 at 01:42 AM. Reason: Add Picture.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-26-2019, 06:06 AM

Garage
thinking disaster = it will happen.

140 miles.. is half of my day ride...
hell, with bad weather approaching Thursday.. I rode 120 miles..

departed at 9:30am.. home at Noon.. and NO freeways.

and I am OLD.
89,000 miles in 14 years.. and this bike has never been on a trip.
rangers4u, lofty and DrDolittle like this.

2005 VTX1800 F, type II, Silver Tribal, 89,000 Miles, Purchased Feb, 2005.
MTC clutch & springs.. K&N Air Filter. Garmin 2597 GPS.

Last edited by chuck_VTX F; 10-26-2019 at 06:09 AM.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-26-2019, 10:22 AM

Quote:
I'm going to visit my brother tomorrow 140 miles away. Not a long ride, but further than I normally go on weekends. I've had this horrible feeling all week like something bad is going to happen. I don't believe in premonitions but. . . I'm not posting this for attention, in fact I hope no one even reads it until I get back home on Monday. When I get down to ventura I'll post on this thread and when I get back home I will post again. Should this be my last post on this forum then I guess I didn't make it back home for whatever reason. This is a really great community and I hope im on the vtxoa daily for the next few years
No worries. You are god. ( just having a moment of levity here)
DrDolittle likes this.

2003 1800C Black w/ H-K 3", PC III, Clearview w/s, Hondaline backrest, XM sat. radio, MB 12" shocks, Prog. fr. spgs., Wolo, SPyKER mod, Glen's gas cap, Paladins, Drag Specialties Popsicle pegs, K-N, blackened engine, Kury RTB, mirrors & r. boards, blue LED's, Rivco tach & risers, LeatherLyke bags, backrest bag, w/s tri-pouch, Gen. Altimax RT43, Mich. Cmdr. II, Ult. Lowrider, Showchrome grips. 12-18 VTXCafe Bike of the Month
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-26-2019, 12:13 PM

If I were god, and I had a specific premonition, I would listen to myself. 😀

However, I too have had some strange premonitions about possible mishaps during an upcoming drive or a ride. But, being a regular mortal, Iíve never put too much stock in such ideas. Just figure itís my subconscious reminding me to be cautious and defensive when behind the wheel or in the saddle.

Reminding yourself that you are invisible when on a bike is a healthy thing to do.
LJ, PHATV and rangers4u like this.

Si vis pacem, para bellum.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-26-2019, 04:44 PM Thread Starter
God

Well my premonition came true after all. Bike started to ride like sh1t after 30 miles and I had to turn back. But at least I didn't crash. Fml, back to the 1800 technical forum for this guy.
PHATV likes this.

Espresso and motorcycles both have a way of making us feel alive, happy and free. Both of these thing, however, can be ruined if you don't start with good G R O U N D S.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-26-2019, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Well my premonition came true after all. Bike started to ride like sh1t after 30 miles and I had to turn back. But at least I didn't crash. Fml, back to the 1800 technical forum for this guy.
Sorry it worked out that way, but you'll get it figured out.

2003 1800C Black w/ H-K 3", PC III, Clearview w/s, Hondaline backrest, XM sat. radio, MB 12" shocks, Prog. fr. spgs., Wolo, SPyKER mod, Glen's gas cap, Paladins, Drag Specialties Popsicle pegs, K-N, blackened engine, Kury RTB, mirrors & r. boards, blue LED's, Rivco tach & risers, LeatherLyke bags, backrest bag, w/s tri-pouch, Gen. Altimax RT43, Mich. Cmdr. II, Ult. Lowrider, Showchrome grips. 12-18 VTXCafe Bike of the Month
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-26-2019, 08:37 PM Thread Starter
God

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangers4u View Post
Quote:
Sorry it worked out that way, but you'll get it figured out.
I think so, it's still a Honda after all, they don't quit easy.
PHATV and rangers4u like this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page