Riyadh Auction. - Page 2 - VTXOA
 26Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-08-2019, 05:30 PM

1961 Impala vs Bel Air

Three tail lights - Impala.

Two tail lights - Bel Air
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1961 Chevy Bel Aire - REAR.jpg (126.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 1961 Chevy Impala - REAR.jpg (213.2 KB, 1 views)
rangers4u and DrDolittle like this.

“...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.”
Theodore Roosevelt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-08-2019, 07:16 PM
Super Moderator

Yep, and those are both '61s. I had forgotten that there actually was quite a difference in the bodies of those and the '62. I was always partial to the '62, biased as I was since I owned one.
rangers4u likes this.

M8 Fat Boy S Bonneville Salt Pearl

post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-08-2019, 07:46 PM

Those last 2 examples are of the "bubble-top" roofs, the most-desired. Along with the 409 which debut'ed in 61.

2003 1800C Black w/ H-K 3", PC III, Clearview w/s, Hondaline backrest, XM sat. radio, MB 12" shocks, Prog. fr. spgs., Wolo, SPyKER mod, Glen's gas cap, Paladins, Drag Specialties Popsicle pegs, K-N, blackened engine, Kury RTB, mirrors & r. boards, blue LED's, Rivco tach & risers, LeatherLyke bags, backrest bag, w/s tri-pouch, Gen. Altimax RT43, Mich. Cmdr. II, Ult. Lowrider, Showchrome grips. 12-18 VTXCafe Bike of the Month

post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-08-2019, 11:10 PM
Super Moderator

Mine was a nice car. But it didn't look as nice as that.

A friend of mine owned a '62 at the same time. His was a red SS with a 327 and a 4speed. Mine was tan, with that same type of top, but a 283 with a slush box. I've always been partial to the red ones. Even that '61 looks great. Might have something to do with that side trim they have.
rangers4u likes this.

Last edited by vtox; 11-08-2019 at 11:15 PM.
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-10-2019, 09:58 PM

Yes, please...

https://worldwideauctioneers.com/car-details/?id=74&rid=548

"IF YOU LOVE WEALTH GREATER THAN LIBERTY, THE TRANQUILITY OF SERVITUDE GREATER THAN THE ANIMATING CONTEST FOR FREEDOM, GO HOME FROM US IN PEACE. WE SEEK NOT YOUR CONSEL, NOR YOUR ARMS. CROUCH DOWN AND LICK THE HAND THAT FEEDS YOU; MAY YOUR CHAINS SET LIGHTLY UPON YOU, AND MAY POSTERITY FORGET THAT YOU WERE OUR COUNTRYMEN!" ---SAMUEL ADAMS

"ELECTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES! WE WON!!!"---BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA, 2012

Last edited by PHATV; 11-10-2019 at 11:12 PM.
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-11-2019, 12:51 AM
Super Moderator

Ls6?
PHATV likes this.

post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-11-2019, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHATV View Post

I'd have to agree... that original 1970 Chevelle appeals to me much more than the customized Impala "double bubble" wagon. And it would likely cost far less to boot!

By the way, that Impala is featured in lots of articles across the web, and when the photo angle is much lower, its mixed proportions don't look as distorted as what I originally thought. I'm still not a fan, but I'm no longer so repulsed. To each their own. The video from this clip shows some nice views.

https://www.legendaryspeed.com/green...eat-8-winners/
PHATV likes this.

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

Last edited by dud-57; 11-11-2019 at 11:12 AM.
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-11-2019, 05:36 PM

I saw a similar LS6 pull $175,000 on one of those auctions one year recently. Not Mecum, the other one. Barrett-Jackson. I knew I'd have to win the damn lottery to ever get one.

I love watching a bit of those auctions here and there.
lol
Capt. Rory likes this.

"IF YOU LOVE WEALTH GREATER THAN LIBERTY, THE TRANQUILITY OF SERVITUDE GREATER THAN THE ANIMATING CONTEST FOR FREEDOM, GO HOME FROM US IN PEACE. WE SEEK NOT YOUR CONSEL, NOR YOUR ARMS. CROUCH DOWN AND LICK THE HAND THAT FEEDS YOU; MAY YOUR CHAINS SET LIGHTLY UPON YOU, AND MAY POSTERITY FORGET THAT YOU WERE OUR COUNTRYMEN!" ---SAMUEL ADAMS

"ELECTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES! WE WON!!!"---BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA, 2012
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-11-2019, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHATV View Post
I saw a similar LS6 pull $175,000 on one of those auctions one year recently. Not Mecum, the other one. Barrett-Jackson. I knew I'd have to win the damn lottery to ever get one.

I love watching a bit of those auctions here and there.
lol

At first glance, those figures sound like a great investment... and then I pulled out my calculator.
If I took a guess that a 454 Chevelle cost $3600 in 1969.... and sold for $175,000 fifty years later...
then (175,000/3600) = 48.611 growth factor
Annual rate of growth = 48.611^(1/50) = 1.08077
Wow... that's only a tad more than 8.0% annual return. So, once we factor in the cost of storage, insurance, etc.... maybe not the greatest investment after all.
PHATV likes this.

Si vis pacem, para bellum.
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-11-2019, 07:37 PM
Super Moderator

"maybe not the greatest investment after all"

There is that. But there's also the fact that, as desirable as those muscle cars are, if I was going to 'invest' in a monster like that it would probably be one of today's Mustangs, Camaro's, or Challengers. I don't think I could pass up the opportunity to have a 700+ HP fun car in my garage.

But of course I'm only dreaming. Such toys are not in my future as it stands now.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page