Something to be thankful for. This whole story... - VTXOA
 15Likes
  • 6 Post By PHATV
  • 5 Post By henkvdb
  • 3 Post By LJ
  • 1 Post By Lou_VTX

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-27-2019, 07:11 PM Thread Starter

Something to be thankful for. This whole story...

That's some funny shiat right there, I don't care who you are. Old boy is right that he is not the one to come after, but I might walk back the rhetoric just a hair if I were him. lol

https://www.theblaze.com/news/not-go-out-like-a-punk

News November 27, 2019 ‘Not going to go out like a punk. So I emptied my Glock in his chest’ – Florida man guns down AK-47-carrying burglar

'You want to come looking for trouble? Come to me'
Image Source: WBFS-TV screenshot

Phil Shiver

A Florida man gunned down a burglar attempting to break into his van Monday morning telling local news he didn't want to "go out like a punk."
"The guy I killed last night, he put an AK-47 to my damn face," said Donovan Stewart, a 60-year-old Miami resident.
Stewart said his girlfriend and his 11-year-old son were also in the vehicle when the burglar attempted to break in to rob him of his jewelry, according a WBFS-TV report.
"As a guy from Kingston Town [in Jamaica]," Stewart said, "I am not going to go out like a punk."
"So I emptied my Glock in his chest," he later added.
Stewart said the burglar tried to get into the van while he was sleeping and he had to act quick to protect himself and his family.

"I said, 'Alright, this is what's gonna happen though – either you gonna kill me or I'm gonna kill you – let's see.'"
Stewart then demonstrated to the news reporter what he did when the burglar opened the van door to stick an AK-47 in his face.
In a swiping motion with his left hand he showed how he shoved the gunman's rifle aside while simultaneously drawing his own gun which was concealed on his right leg.
"And that's how I got him," Stewart recalled.
Stewart says he is well-trained with firearms. He told local news that he is a security officer who has a state firearms license, concealed weapons permit, and is a member of the National Rifle Association.
"You want to come looking for trouble? Come to me," Stewart told WBFS-TV. "I wouldn't do anything like this to anybody and they picked the wrong person in this case."
The burglar was pronounced dead shortly after the incident.
According to the report, the burglar may also have burglarized a young woman's car, iPhone, and $600 cash just a few days earlier.
"I'm going to defend my life and my family, and if I've got the possibility to defend innocent people, I'll do that, too," Stewart said.
"You just don't wake up in the morning and push an AK up my nose and think you're gonna live, no," he added.
Miami Police Officer Mike Vega said the investigation is still open, but confirmed the case does initially appear to be one of self-defense.
LJ, PCX, Capt. Rory and 3 others like this.

"IF YOU LOVE WEALTH GREATER THAN LIBERTY, THE TRANQUILITY OF SERVITUDE GREATER THAN THE ANIMATING CONTEST FOR FREEDOM, GO HOME FROM US IN PEACE. WE SEEK NOT YOUR CONSEL, NOR YOUR ARMS. CROUCH DOWN AND LICK THE HAND THAT FEEDS YOU; MAY YOUR CHAINS SET LIGHTLY UPON YOU, AND MAY POSTERITY FORGET THAT YOU WERE OUR COUNTRYMEN!" ---SAMUEL ADAMS

"ELECTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES! WE WON!!!"---BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA, 2012
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-27-2019, 08:28 PM

I just LOVE happy endings!

PHATV, PCX, BobD and 2 others like this.

2003 1800s, 97k miles
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-29-2019, 05:00 PM
LJ

Lots of 'bravado' speak from him, but then, he did what he had to do. He should have kept his mouth shut though, just in case there is a fluke in the ongoing investigation. One more dirtbag off the street.
PHATV, BobD and Lou_VTX like this.

This post created with 100% recycled electrons.

Take Care...and, Stay Safe!

LJ

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-02-2019, 04:29 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by LJ View Post
He should have kept his mouth shut though
Absolutely agreed!
He gave liberals a lot of ammunition (painful pun intended).
It takes one dumb SOB DA to throw him to the wolves. A.k.a. "jury of 12 peers", a.k.a. "12 dumb morons who either could not get out of jury duty or got on it to hang someone".

He should have said "I had to do that to save my own life" and that's it. Afterall, we still have (kinda) the right to our own lives. Well, for now.
LJ likes this.

VTX 1800C
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-02-2019, 05:31 PM

Garage
Cool Here's a few more good citizens for "Mr. Glock"

https://www.ice.gov/news/releases/ic...rvey-target-id
Attached Images
File Type: jpg yatayata.JPG (60.1 KB, 4 views)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page