How I Get Great Savings on Black Friday... - Page 2 - VTXOA
 30Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-30-2019, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe T View Post
Well, I broke tradition this year. I actually went to several 'Black Friday' sales. I had a number of items that I wanted and were on sale yesterday.

First, Lowe's had a 1/2" Craftsman cordless drill on sale for $49. Since I was in the first 300 crowd, I got an extra $10 off. There were not a lot of folks in the parking lot at Lowe's at 6:00 a.m.

Second, Harbor Freight. I love Harbor Freight. I got a 29 piece (drill) Titanium set for $9.99. I got 4 of them - two for my shop and two for my home shop. Next was an IR Thermometer which I will use for my 'resurrected' thermal vacuum former. $17. Finally, a fifty foot 3/8" retractable air hose. I needed another one to have near my Vacuum Former. $49.

Third, Northern Tool. A lightning strike hit one of my shop building's transformers about a month ago. I had to have the 240V/3P breaker box replaced!!! OOUUCCHHHH!!! That strike also killed three of my battery tenders I had on two of my autos I store in that building. So, Northern Tool had a BatteryMINDer Plus on sale for $18. I bought three.

I didn't mind getting up extra early yesterday. There was no traffic, no crowds, and it was quick and easy.

Oh, I live in Wichita, KS. Not LA.

Joe T.
I went to Home Depot yesterday bought some HDX Plastic Storage Totes on sale (the black and yellow ones). The crowd was a little more than normal, not to bad. I think tool and home improvement stores are much safer on Black Friday compared to major department stores like the ones in the video.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-30-2019, 07:07 PM

I was at my local Menards store yesterday in line Bright and early to get these fleece blankets for animal shelter here as the wife bought quite a few. Loaded up 2 big garbage bags.Got there at 4.30 in the morning and there was around 35 people allready.

2003 c cobra floorboards-memphis windshield-roadhouse shorty
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-01-2019, 12:59 AM Thread Starter
RBS

LJ, Capt. Rory and henkvdb like this.

Democrats & Republicans- 2 Sides Of A Counterfeit Coin.

I'm Not Politically Correct - I'm Honest.

'07 1300 S XTreme Revolution Intake, Cobra Streetrod Slashdowns, Monster Baffles. 128,788 Miles R.I.P.

(New) 2014 V-Star 1300 Tourer, Lindby Hi-Way Bar, Saddle Bag Protectors, Cobra Slip-On, Cobra Fuel Processor, Cobra PowerFlo Intake. Wolo Bad Boy,
ED Seat, Yamaha Light Bar.

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-03-2019, 11:19 AM

Garage
PCX and Curt E like this.

'04 1300S or at least used to be.

post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-03-2019, 02:44 PM

Location: Santa Barbara California where RED is the FASTEST color!
My observations

I am not an average consumer in that I typically only shop when I have to and then only for what I need, passing up often what I might like/want, but don't need. This all being said, I see most of America as falling for the traps of over consumerism, especially those buying just for the thrill of something new, and with credit that eventually makes them a slave to the banks with compounded high interest rates. An example being my ex, who had a closet stuffed with almost new clothes but was constantly shopping for more.

While I applaud people who know how to find a bargain, Black Friday Sales are often a scam for the naïve (Read: https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...scam/93765616/ ). A little research on when is smart to shop for what will provide the smart shopper with ideal times to buy items at deep discounts— Example https://lifehacker.com/the-best-time...e-year-5973864

This post relates to my recent post that would put a real crimp in retail Black Friday sales if more people followed the suggestion posed within; https://www.vtxoa.com/forums/70-ote-...gift-year.html

"A man's got to know his limitations" Clint Eastwood as Dirty Harry

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page