1800 Ground Fix, by Tapper - Page 3 - VTXOA

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 47 (permalink) Old 08-01-2010, 10:52 PM

thanks for the info
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 47 (permalink) Old 09-08-2010, 03:27 PM

Send a message via AIM to Paul Ray Send a message via Yahoo to Paul Ray
i have the 2005 N and did the ground mod. as for as the secondary ground, there was'nt one. what do i do in this case? leave it alone? add another ground? any ideas while i have the bike apart? and doing the desmog while i have it down. two birds with one rock.
post #23 of 47 (permalink) Old 09-08-2010, 03:41 PM Thread Starter
Pope "papa" of the VTXOA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Ray View Post
i have the 2005 N and did the ground mod. as for as the secondary ground, there was'nt one. what do i do in this case? leave it alone? add another ground? any ideas while i have the bike apart? and doing the desmog while i have it down. two birds with one rock.
You're done. The secondary ground is only for 2002 models

AMA Life Member 721314

post #24 of 47 (permalink) Old 01-31-2011, 10:07 PM

Spike

On the main engine ground, why is the oil fitler there??????? Mine is on the very BACK of the engine nowhere near this picture and I ran my ground to a point on the oppisite side of the bike under the big chrome cover on the left side as you sit on it, I forget what this piece is. Its a common part there. I did it in 02 when biglry was still working out things and so on. Well you remember, you were there. I'll try to get a picture tomorrow and post it so you can see what I'm talking about.
post #25 of 47 (permalink) Old 01-31-2011, 10:31 PM Thread Starter
Pope "papa" of the VTXOA

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTX Candy Red View Post
On the main engine ground, why is the oil fitler there??????? Mine is on the very BACK of the engine nowhere near this picture and I ran my ground to a point on the oppisite side of the bike under the big chrome cover on the left side as you sit on it, I forget what this piece is. Its a common part there. I did it in 02 when biglry was still working out things and so on. Well you remember, you were there. I'll try to get a picture tomorrow and post it so you can see what I'm talking about.
That IS the back of the engine, see the coolant tank at the top of the pic. The camera is looking straight up at the bottom/rear of the engine

AMA Life Member 721314
post #26 of 47 (permalink) Old 01-31-2011, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago-Spike View Post
That IS the back of the engine, see the coolant tank at the top of the pic. The camera is looking straight up at the bottom/rear of the engine
But I mean pointing straight out the back. I put the filter wrench cap on the filter and feed my LONG extention through the tank area where the overflow line attaches and into the filter wrench. The filter sticks straight out toward the rear wheel. This appears to be up on the side and kind of on an angle. Maybe I'm looking at it wrong but that is how it looks to me.
post #27 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-21-2011, 03:42 AM

Great Post!
post #28 of 47 (permalink) Old 03-05-2011, 04:35 PM

I just finished this mod/repair. Its pouring down rain outside so I cant ride but I can tell from the way it idles and revs up it's different. I found a bunch of oxidation around the connections at the coil and my battery terminals were finger tight. I can't wait to give it a whirl.

P.S.
I did this on a 2007 1800T
post #29 of 47 (permalink) Old 04-03-2011, 10:41 PM

WOW!!!!!! I can't believe I waited so long to do this fix. All I can say is I have a whole new ride I can't believe what a difference a little sanding and fileing makes, I didn't think I needed to do the fix because I thought I was running good but wow was I surprised, COMPLETELY ELIMINATED my decel popping!!!!THANK YOU FOR POSTING THE EASY WALK THRU INSTRUCTIONS.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1998 Valkyrie, a whole different beast!
post #30 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-19-2011, 04:39 PM

Ground fix not working, help!

Performed the ground fix twice, followed the instructions to the letter, and it runs great for a 100 miles or so and then back to chitty. What's next? Anything else I can try before I have to take it to the stealer.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page