6Likes
  • 2 Post By Chicago-Spike
  • 4 Post By Dartanuan

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-03-2018, 12:25 PM Thread Starter
JPT

Garage
Posts and Post Count

I brought this to the attention of vtox, he said he passed it on to the site Admins. I am having issues where my posts aren't showing up (or aren't getting approved) to get me out of the new member 5 post count restriction.

Thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-03-2018, 03:11 PM Thread Starter
JPT

Garage
This issue has been resolved. vtox has been very helpful.

Thank you
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-05-2018, 01:25 PM
Pope "papa" of the VTXOA

Reasons why?? There are just 3 moderators and we do this on our spare time for free. We don't go through all the 80 or more different boards to look for new members posts. That's why there is a "New Member Intro" board that every new member is directed to, so that you can go on that board and start a new thread to introduce yourself and we find them and approve them.
BobD and DrDolittle like this.

AMA Life Member 721314
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-05-2018, 03:37 PM

Garage
[QUOTE=Chicago-Spike;4543892]Reasons why?? There are just 3 moderators and we do this on our spare time for free. We don't go through all the 80 or more different boards to look for new members posts. That's why there is a "New Member Intro" board that every new member is directed to, so that you can go on that board and start a new thread to introduce yourself and we find them and approve them.

And, just for the record, we all appreciate what you all do for the forum. Thanks Spike....
BobD, Harkon, StarrRider and 1 others like this.

2007 1800T, Memphis Shades 21", Kury Engine Bar & Pegs, HondaLine Light Bar, Ultimate Seats, Cobra Slash-Cuts, Progressive 430 Shocks & Springs, HondaLine Saddlebags, Iron Horse Tail Bag, Fender Rail, Color-Matched Radiator Housing, Show Chrome Fringe, Kury Iso-Grips, Custom Breather Cover. GO TEAM DREW!!!
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-06-2018, 11:06 AM

Maybe they’ll let me post now too..
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-08-2018, 02:04 AM Thread Starter
JPT

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago-Spike View Post
Reasons why?? There are just 3 moderators and we do this on our spare time for free. We don't go through all the 80 or more different boards to look for new members posts. That's why there is a "New Member Intro" board that every new member is directed to, so that you can go on that board and start a new thread to introduce yourself and we find them and approve them.
Thank you. I have been a moderator, it is a thankless job. So even though I am new, thank you for what you three do!
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-16-2018, 10:06 PM

Garage
Quote:
It is a good rule (I wish we had had the SW to do it when I was running an old car club forum, it would have cut down on a lot of spam and bots), no doubt.

Now for a technical clarification question since I am afraid I am not understanding what you are implying, Spike.
Do you mean that y'all (admins) do not get notified or do not have a list of new member posts requiring approval and that you have to seek them out to approve?
And in that case, is the implication to simply post only in the new member area to post-whore so that the member can then post in other sub-forums?

Thank you in advance for clarification.
Puzzled-or-maybe-just-plain-old Lou

VTX 1800C
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-18-2018, 12:22 PM

Garage
Quote:
Spike, thank you for moderating, I agree, it is a thankless job but it is worth it in a good club with nice member base.

Would you mind elaborating on the new posts for my old-man brain, please? Does it mean that the board SW does not notify you of new posts requiring approval? You have to browse the boards to find them manually?

FWIW, if you need a moderator to help out with the workload, I can volunteer. I've been a moderator on 2 boards, as a co-founder on one of them (local car club) for 13 years now. No rush, just offering help. I tend to be on them Ynterwebs every day, especially if work is slow around the office.

Lou

VTX 1800C

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page