2007 1800C sale pending - VTXOA
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-12-2017, 09:19 AM Thread Starter

2007 1800C sale pending

Hi guys (and gals). Selling my 2007 1800C. Original owner, purchased as a new leftover in 2009. Tank badges removed, otherwise a stock bike. All black color. Does have a HondaLine Deluxe passenger backrest added, because my wife wanted the comfort and security. New tires (Excedra Max) about 4 years ago with plenty of tread left. A little over 7000 miles (have always owned multiple bikes, therefore each one doesnít accumulate much). Have been thinning out the herd over the past few years but, picked up an ST1300 off a friend last Fall, and you can guess that spelled the doom of the VTX. I still hop on it for a short cruise every few weeks, in an attempt to keep parts moving. It came from the factory with the F style tank mounted LCD gauges. I am not sure how many of this last run year of the C received that setup. It has never been dropped, or in any accident. Garage kept at my house since new, until my recent move to the Dallas area, where it currently resides in my apartment complex parking garage. Although not completely anal, I have done my best to maintain the bike in a clean state. That said, although I do not see any major areas of rust, pitting, dings, dents, large scratches, etc., on close inspection if the sun hits it just right, you might catch a small superficial swirl. If you need to be that critical of a non-museum/show piece, I cannot help you. Have it listed on craigslist for $5000 but, would realistically take $4700. Posting here because I know of the skepticism some folks feel when perusing bikes on craigs (myself included). I am not one to jump on the forums daily, so if you have a genuine interest, please email me at [email protected], as you will likely receive a response faster. Will try to get some pics attached but if unsuccessful, I can always email you some. Thanks.

Last edited by Chicago-Spike; 08-21-2017 at 11:24 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-12-2017, 09:25 AM Thread Starter

Pic: also trying to find one with backrest mounted.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0843.JPG (144.8 KB, 100 views)
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-12-2017, 02:38 PM

How many miles do you have on that guy?

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-13-2017, 10:44 AM Thread Starter

A little over 7000 miles on the bike.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-16-2017, 10:56 AM

Garage
That's a pretty good deal. Still available?

(((=-JammeR-=)))
"My Life is NOT a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke,
tires screeching, totally used up, thoroughly worn out, and loudly proclaiming...WOW! What a Ride!!"

post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-17-2017, 10:17 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammerwalker View Post
That's a pretty good deal. Still available?
Yes sir. Very few responses from craigs. Being in the DFW metroplex means the ad gets quickly pushed to the second and third page, because hundreds of bikes are listed daily.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-18-2017, 09:59 AM

Garage
Sent you an email, but would like to see more pics of the bike and backrest, so I can show the wife. She wants something that will be comfortable for her to ride behind me on. She's decided that she's not strong or stable enough to ride her own anymore. Since she has relatives in your area, if the bank approves, and I can get the loan, we can make it a trip, see the relatives, and I'll just ride the bike home to ABQ, NM.

(((=-JammeR-=)))
"My Life is NOT a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke,
tires screeching, totally used up, thoroughly worn out, and loudly proclaiming...WOW! What a Ride!!"

post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-19-2017, 10:24 AM Thread Starter

Jammer was first to send an email, so I will give him first dibs. I have emailed the second responder to explain that I hate to sell out from under anyone. In the interest of integrity, I want to be fair. That has bit me in the ass many times over the years but, I cannot change how I like to do things.
Trying to get pics to post
cokerb likes this.

Last edited by RickWreck; 08-19-2017 at 10:27 AM.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-20-2017, 08:09 PM

Sold

I just committed to buying this bike!!
Curt E likes this.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-21-2017, 10:44 AM Thread Starter

After an email and telephone exchange, the bike is officially being held for twactor.4
Will update if anything changes.
Thanks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page