Attention - Password and Security Update - Page 4 - VTXOA
 24Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 47 (permalink) Old 06-24-2016, 11:23 AM

Garage
In the top right of page see User cp. Go there use pw VTXOA provided via email, then change to 10 digit alpha numeric pw.

I had already changed mine yet was reset (Admin) and had to redo my pw again.. TGIF~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 47 (permalink) Old 06-24-2016, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimJewel View Post
I think it's an extraordinarily bad idea to change people's passwords without prior consent. It happened and I was lucky to be able to log in. I used a throw away e-mail address when I signed up for this site and it was nothing of a miracle that I was able access your e-mail about password changes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by harcosparky View Post
They were hacked in a big way, the fear is that people use the same password here that they use everywhere and that is why they did the forced reset.

Had the same issue, however I cannot access that email account anymore.

I was surprised that I was able to access this account, one that I have not used in a very long time.

I sent the Amdin a PM under this account for help ..... lets see how it goes.

If they cannot assist me in accessing my active account, I see no need to stay around.

Or maybe I will just use this account going forward and let the old one die off.
Being on a web forum is a bit like owning a bike. It requires maintenance. If you have an email address that goes defunct, it's like physically moving. You need to notify everyone that sends you mail that you are moving. Same with web accounts. You need to keep this stuff up to date. A throw away email address for a forum you will be a member of for a while is a bad idea. You have no way of receiving any notices. In the case you simply forgot, use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the page and explain your position. I'm sure that if you could provide some critical account information they could affect the changes such that you can re-access your account.

In this case, as in most cases, options are available.

'12 Road Glide Ultra, Kuryakyn Alley Cat intake, Jackpot Super Duals header, Jackpot HiRoller mufflers, PV Tuner, Daymaker LEDs
post #33 of 47 (permalink) Old 06-24-2016, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oksikahl View Post
Hey House O' Pain - thanks for the [easy]to understand directions on how to negotiate the site. You can keep your arrogant attitude, though, because it's not called for, needed, or appreciated.
What he said!

post #34 of 47 (permalink) Old 06-24-2016, 11:59 AM

Say OHE...what bars do you have on your bike? I'm getting ready to replace the stock bars on my '03 1800c because on long[er] rides they produce uncomfortable sensations in various muscle groups. The bars in your photo don't look like they came from Honda, but if they did...
post #35 of 47 (permalink) Old 06-24-2016, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Say OHE...what bars do you have on your bike? I'm getting ready to replace the stock bars on my '03 1800c because on long[er] rides they produce uncomfortable sensations in various muscle groups. The bars in your photo don't look like they came from Honda, but if they did...
Stock bars amigo.
post #36 of 47 (permalink) Old 06-24-2016, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harkon View Post
A throw away email address for a forum you will be a member of for a while is a bad idea. You have no way of receiving any notices.
Throw away, or junk email addresses are perfect for use on non-essential sites. It's a great way to isolate unimportant notices from your important emails.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harkon View Post
In the case you simply forgot, use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the page and explain your position.
Thanks, but as I stated in the post you quoted ..... this has already been done.

Still awaiting their response.

Last edited by harcosparky; 06-24-2016 at 12:46 PM.
post #37 of 47 (permalink) Old 06-24-2016, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harcosparky View Post
Throw away, or junk email addresses are perfect for use on non-essential sites. It's a great way to isolate unimportant notices from your important emails.

Thanks, but as I stated in the post you quoted ..... this has already been done.

Still awaiting their response.
Okay, then my take is that a throw away email address is not perfect in this case. I cannot remember the last email I got for VTXOA aside from the very important password change. They have posted the need to change, beyond that and emailing people, how else would you prefer to be notified of changes that affect your account?

I use throw away accounts for registrations that have an immediate shelf life for me.

'12 Road Glide Ultra, Kuryakyn Alley Cat intake, Jackpot Super Duals header, Jackpot HiRoller mufflers, PV Tuner, Daymaker LEDs
post #38 of 47 (permalink) Old 06-24-2016, 07:35 PM

Location: Santa Barbara California where RED is the FASTEST color!
Quote:
Hey House O' Pain - thanks for the [easy]to understand directions on how to negotiate the site. You can keep your arrogant attitude, though, because it's not called for, needed, or appreciated.
For what it's worth, it's arrogant to assume what attitude I had/have, as nothing in my posts indicates arrogance. Your expressing zero benefit of the doubt in your own "powers" of interpreting my attitude is a fine example of your arrogance, and it frankly turns your expressed gratitude into ingratitude.

"A man's got to know his limitations" Clint Eastwood as Dirty Harry
post #39 of 47 (permalink) Old 06-24-2016, 07:37 PM

Finally figured it out after a couple of hours. It looks like you need 10 letters and so forth. I better write it down. Still like the old way.

2003 c cobra floorboards-memphis windshield-roadhouse shorty
post #40 of 47 (permalink) Old 06-25-2016, 06:41 AM

It's funny how on VTXOA they forced the password upgrade via email, yet on other sites they realized that doing it via email was flawed and thus provided a means to change using your old password.

When you logged in you were prompted to immediately change your password and your previous password was not killed as was done here.

I received this message after logging on to one or more forums ......

Pay attention to the bold red text.

Quote:
Hello Everyone, We wanted to give you an update on the reset password emails that went out yesterday. Due to the high volume of emails going out and some service providers blocking them as spam, users have either been getting them late, or not at all. If you have not received your password reset email please use the password reset function “forgot password”. These emails will go through a paid provider and should show up instantly. To do so just go to log in >> once it redirects you click forgot password >> follow the steps provided. If you do not remember the email address associated with your account you can use the contact us tab at the bottom of the page to email us for assistance. Please select the “other” option and add subject “security password issues” We apologize for any disruption this has caused to your forum experience.Original post for reference : http://www.****************.com/f2/a...*********.html
Had they done this on VTXOA as well, there would be no issues.

ADMIN has still not responded to emailed requests for assistance here.

EDIT: The online method and message quoted above is from another VerticleScope owned site ...... why do it that way on one and not all? What kind of organization are they running if the are not so organized in their running of it. Not hard to make is a company wide POLICY.

Still awaiting a response from ADMIN !!!!

Last edited by harcosparky; 06-26-2016 at 07:40 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page