Attention - Password and Security Update - Page 5 - VTXOA
 24Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #41 of 47 (permalink) Old 06-25-2016, 11:00 PM

Password update

I finally got my password changed. It took about ten tries, and I was almost ready to give up. I really didn't want to miss out on what this site has to offer, so two days later gave it one more try and it worked. Please don't make us change again!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 47 (permalink) Old 06-27-2016, 02:38 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Garage
The password will need to be changes every 365 days I am afraid. Also there is a notice on the homepage https://www.vtxoa.com/
informing you all on why the password change was requested.

Thank you,

~ Glenda
post #43 of 47 (permalink) Old 06-27-2016, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harcosparky View Post
It's funny how on VTXOA they forced the password upgrade via email, yet on other sites they realized that doing it via email was flawed and thus provided a means to change using your old password.

When you logged in you were prompted to immediately change your password and your previous password was not killed as was done here.

I received this message after logging on to one or more forums ......

Pay attention to the bold red text.

Had they done this on VTXOA as well, there would be no issues.

ADMIN has still not responded to emailed requests for assistance here.

EDIT: The online method and message quoted above is from another VerticleScope owned site ...... why do it that way on one and not all? What kind of organization are they running if the are not so organized in their running of it. Not hard to make is a company wide POLICY.

Still awaiting a response from ADMIN !!!!

Good point.

'12 Road Glide Ultra, Kuryakyn Alley Cat intake, Jackpot Super Duals header, Jackpot HiRoller mufflers, PV Tuner, Daymaker LEDs

post #44 of 47 (permalink) Old 06-27-2016, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harkon View Post
Good point.
The other Forums that allowed password change via site notice are owned by the same folks that own this one. It seems they have different IT policies for different forums ..... not a sign of a well managed IT organization if you ask me.
post #45 of 47 (permalink) Old 06-27-2016, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTXOA admin View Post
The password will need to be changes every 365 days I am afraid. Also there is a notice on the homepage https://www.vtxoa.com/
informing you all on why the password change was requested.

Thank you,

~ Glenda
A lot of good that notice is doing for people whose ISP dumped your email notice before it got to the users as SPAM. You reset their passwords so they cannot log in, they did not get the email .... they are screwed.

Thanks !!!!
post #46 of 47 (permalink) Old 06-27-2016, 11:32 PM

Hello Helena,

You changed my password and now I can't access my account. Apparently I didn't update my email address so I didn't get the info you sent. I'm at a loss for what to do at this point. I sent a message to the moderator and didn't get a reply. I have several items listed in the forums and can't get back with people. My user name is "Sparr." Please tell me what to do. Thanks, Chris
post #47 of 47 (permalink) Old 06-29-2016, 01:24 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Garage
hey sparr,

sign out of your account. clear the login info and click "login". once at that page, click on the forgot password area.
if that is not working for you, check your spam/junk folder, and see if its there.

if its not there, go to the bottom of the page, and click on the contact us area. this will direct you to the mainline to our manual password reset area. in the subject line write "password reset" and put in the info of your account name, email on the account, and email it needs to be changed to if need be. someone will be in touch with you shortly about it. just be patient, we are working hard to get all these matters sorted. thanks again all.

~Shane

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page