VTXOA on an iPad - VTXOA

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-21-2017, 11:16 PM Thread Starter

VTXOA on an iPad

I have an older iPad iOS 9.3.5 using built in Safari. This happened yesterday. Once logged in, after seemingly any page fully loaded or mostly loaded I was redirected to some other site. It seemed a Facebook site of some sort. This happened repeatedly and the only way back to VTXOA was to close the browser and start over.

I know ads are important to this site, but I ran Adblock browser and the problems went away. It was definitely one of the ads, and the redirects happened slow enough that it bounced around at least 3 or 4 different URLs before settling on the final one.

Today I am posting this from Safari again and no issues to this point. I can deal with ads and even pop ups but redirects on an iPad are death to the browser.

Historically, occasionally I would run into a redirect on this site but pressing the back arrow always got me back. Not yesterday.

The problem seems resolved for the moment but I though you'd at least appreciate the heads up. Thanks for all of your hard work. I love this site.

'12 Road Glide Ultra, Kuryakyn Alley Cat intake, Jackpot Super Duals header, Jackpot HiRoller mufflers, PV Tuner, Daymaker LEDs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-22-2017, 11:14 AM

Garage
All this redirect crap is getting really old. This sight is slower than a paralyzed turtle, and all because of the redirects that the admins are totally blind too. I just love how when someone confronts them about it they act like they can not see what is going on and ask for screen shots and offer other BS answers.

'04 1300S or at least used to be.

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-22-2017, 09:13 PM Thread Starter

It didn't happen yesterday and so far today no issues.

'12 Road Glide Ultra, Kuryakyn Alley Cat intake, Jackpot Super Duals header, Jackpot HiRoller mufflers, PV Tuner, Daymaker LEDs

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-23-2017, 10:58 AM
Administrator

Garage
Hey guys,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused and rest assured, we want nothing more than to get rid of these nuisances for you. The reason we ask for screenshots and URLs for these pop ups/redirected sites is so that we can remove them permanently and because we actually don't see them on our end.

So, @Harkon - thank you for your support and avid interest on the site. If you could provide us with the URLs and screenshots of these ads/pop ups/redirected sites, we'll see that they get removed right away.

Thank you for your patience as we sort this out.

Cheers,
Natalie
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-23-2017, 06:29 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTXOA admin View Post
Hey guys,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused and rest assured, we want nothing more than to get rid of these nuisances for you. The reason we ask for screenshots and URLs for these pop ups/redirected sites is so that we can remove them permanently and because we actually don't see them on our end.

So, @Harkon - thank you for your support and avid interest on the site. If you could provide us with the URLs and screenshots of these ads/pop ups/redirected sites, we'll see that they get removed right away.

Thank you for your patience as we sort this out.

Cheers,
Natalie
Natalie,
Thanks for your reply. I have no idea how to take a screenshot with my iPad. Funny as I am the neighborhood tech solving everything from Windows to Linux issues, but iOS remains a mystery to me beyond just using it. As I've never had to take a screenshot with it, so I don't know how. I suppose I could just take a picture with my phone ... LOL

The redirects happened fairly quickly, so tracking the order and URLs was impossible. I can't remember the final URL but it was a "facebook.something.something.com" URL that then asked me to answer a Yes/No dialog box. At which point I just closed it. I should have recorded the problem but thought it would persist so I could track it down when I had time. The problem did not manifest the next day (my guess is that the offending ad is gone already). All I can say is that it was definitely one of the ads as visiting the site using the AdBlock browser alleviated the problem.

I am sorry I don't have more information, and I know this makes the problem impossible to track down. It makes it worse as the ads people see aren't necessarily the same on every platform or for every user (depending on how your ads are sourced). Again, I'm sorry I can't help more, but will be more diligent in the future. If it happens again, I will do all of the recon and get all of the intel I can.

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-24-2017, 12:07 AM Thread Starter

One more thing came to mind. As I was browsing the site this evening I discovered the mobile version of this site. I should mention the issues I was having were with the full version of the site. I like the mobile version on the iPad though and probably will continue to use that unless on my PC.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-24-2017, 12:58 PM
Administrator

Garage
To take a screenshot with your ipad, press the home button and the lock button at the same time.

The most important part is the full link to the offending page. That will make tracking it down much easier

Kevin

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page