Still can't post/reply using firefox on the site since the takeover. What gives? - Page 2 - VTXOA
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-09-2018, 06:53 PM Thread Starter

OK. So I forgot one. Firefox, NoScript, Adblock Plus. Adblock doing it? I'll go check. I'm in IE to post this.

"IF YOU LOVE WEALTH GREATER THAN LIBERTY, THE TRANQUILITY OF SERVITUDE GREATER THAN THE ANIMATING CONTEST FOR FREEDOM, GO HOME FROM US IN PEACE. WE SEEK NOT YOUR CONSEL, NOR YOUR ARMS. CROUCH DOWN AND LICK THE HAND THAT FEEDS YOU; MAY YOUR CHAINS SET LIGHTLY UPON YOU, AND MAY POSTERITY FORGET THAT YOU WERE OUR COUNTRYMEN!" ---SAMUEL ADAMS

"ELECTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES! WE WON!!!"---BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA, 2012
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-09-2018, 07:06 PM Thread Starter

Not AdBlock Plus. Must be in all the google script I block. I allow vtxoa and vglink, but I'm not interested in the 25 other lines of script coming back to my machine, namely like a dozen or more google scripts.

"IF YOU LOVE WEALTH GREATER THAN LIBERTY, THE TRANQUILITY OF SERVITUDE GREATER THAN THE ANIMATING CONTEST FOR FREEDOM, GO HOME FROM US IN PEACE. WE SEEK NOT YOUR CONSEL, NOR YOUR ARMS. CROUCH DOWN AND LICK THE HAND THAT FEEDS YOU; MAY YOUR CHAINS SET LIGHTLY UPON YOU, AND MAY POSTERITY FORGET THAT YOU WERE OUR COUNTRYMEN!" ---SAMUEL ADAMS

post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-09-2018, 07:07 PM Thread Starter

Oddly enough, I can post and reply to IMs in FF, so go figure.

post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-10-2018, 09:07 AM

Garage
Reply vs Quick Reply
Did you read my edited post(post #4)

2005 1300c Red, Mustang seat, HK 2.5 straights. Leds for safety-front & back. 192,235 VTX miles
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-10-2018, 11:39 AM
Administrator

Garage
If you're on IE, please go into compatibility mode
They have stopped support for that browser thus, some functionality may not work unless you're on compatibility mode
Please refer to this link: https://kb.wisc.edu/page.php?id=35591

As for FF, please don't use No Script on this site as some functions get blocked. (From my own experience)
I would suggest turning off all those extensions as well.

Ed
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-10-2018, 05:27 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans&Feet View Post
Reply vs Quick Reply
Did you read my edited post(post #4)
I did. Thank you. No luck.

post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-10-2018, 05:30 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTXOA admin View Post
If you're on IE, please go into compatibility mode
They have stopped support for that browser thus, some functionality may not work unless you're on compatibility mode
Please refer to this link: https://kb.wisc.edu/page.php?id=35591

As for FF, please don't use No Script on this site as some functions get blocked. (From my own experience)
I would suggest turning off all those extensions as well.

Ed

Thanks, Ed. NoScript is a deal-breaker for me, though. I can post in IE like this, but it's clunky. Maybe I'll try the link above next time.

To be clear, I used to post using FF/AdBlock/NoScript, so not sure what's up. Might be one of the ad-ons changed something and not vtxoa. I just prefer to control who accesses my machine. Or at least try to most of the time. I know it's futile.

post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-11-2018, 10:39 AM
Administrator

Garage
Most likely an update with the extensions which may hinder your browsing experience with the site.
Are you still having difficulties with this at the moment?

Ed
PHATV likes this.
post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-11-2018, 05:35 PM

I had to get rid of firefox after the upgrade and downloaded waterfox, solved my problems.
PHATV likes this.

2003 1800 C
There's No Substitute For BIG JUGS!!
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-11-2018, 10:07 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTXOA admin View Post
Most likely an update with the extensions which may hinder your browsing experience with the site.
Are you still having difficulties with this at the moment?

Ed
Yep.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page