• 1 Post By Dartanuan
  • 1 Post By Big Al
  • 1 Post By Big Al

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-23-2018, 07:58 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Put a few miles on the bike this year

Greetings everyone,
I was reading some of your adventures posted here and got to thinking about just where I have gone during this years riding season.

* South Carolina (beaufort area), Savanna Georgia and some low country riding.
* Maryland - in and around the Cumberland area
* From Akron, OH. around Lake Erie and back (nice ride through the Canandian side).
* Just reciently road the back roads to the Ohio river to Marietta,OH., down Rt. 93 & Rt.555 (those of you from Ohio should know that route). Than back up Rt. 26/800 through the Wayne National Forest. Best riding in Ohio!
* As well as the usuall all over the place local riding.

Like I said I got a chance to put a few miles on the VTX this year and see some of this great big beautiful country or ours (as well as Cananda of course). For my money there is no other way to really see and be part of your travels than on the back of my bike.

I have always taken really good care of my VTX and since 2004 when I bought my bike new, we have seen a good part of this country without any issues. We may perhaps have a short ride or two before the snow flys up here but all it all it's been a very good riding season.

“A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition”
― Rudyard Kipling
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-23-2018, 08:27 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
Greetings everyone,

<< Clip >>

to the Ohio river to Marietta ,OH., down Rt. 93 & Rt.555 (those of you from Ohio should know that route). Than back up Rt. 26/800 through the Wayne National Forest. Best riding in Ohio!

<< Clip >>

as stated... on routes... I have been going down there since the 1970's.. on motorcycles..
I would ADD Ohio route 9... and the lower section of US 250 (Cadez)... to the river.

you should contact River13 on the VTXCafe.. he has a 555 ride every year.. with a bunch of VTX owners. and a tech day...
he is out of Zanesville..

2005 VTX1800 F, type II, Silver Tribal, 86,000 Miles, Purchased Feb, 2005.
MTC clutch & springs.. K&N Air Filter. Garmin 2597 GPS.

Last edited by chuck_VTX F; 10-23-2018 at 08:31 AM.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-23-2018, 09:58 AM

Well Big Al! You are just a riding freak... but there is one problem with this posting here.

We all are BIG picture whores and you've not shared a smidgin of one of your adventures or the machine that allowed you to enjoy it all.
chuck_VTX F and jbrittjr like this.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-23-2018, 11:32 AM

Garage
[QUOTE=chuck_VTX F;4562116]as stated... on routes... I have been going down there since the 1970's.. on motorcycles..
I would ADD Ohio route 9... and the lower section of US 250 (Cadez)... to the river.

you should contact River13 on the VTXCafe.. he has a 555 ride every year.. with a bunch of VTX owners. and a tech day...

Went to college in Eastern Kentucky (back in the late 70's),, and still remember riding Ohio Route 9. If it's still as pretty now, as it was then, I would go out of my way to ride it again!!!
chuck_VTX F likes this.

2007 1800T, Memphis Shades 21", Kury Engine Bar & Pegs, HondaLine Light Bar, Ultimate Seats, Cobra Slash-Cuts, Progressive 430 Shocks & Springs, HondaLine Saddlebags, Iron Horse Tail Bag, Fender Rail, Color-Matched Radiator Housing, Show Chrome Fringe, Kury Iso-Grips, Custom Breather Cover. GO TEAM DREW!!!
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-23-2018, 11:48 AM

Garage
[quote=Dartanuan;4562168]
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck_VTX F View Post
as stated... on routes... I have been going down there since the 1970's.. on motorcycles..

Went to college in Eastern Kentucky (back in the late 70's),, and still remember riding Ohio Route 9. If it's still as pretty now, as it was then, I would go out of my way to ride it again!!!

more farms... roads are nice.. lots of twist and turns.. hills and valley's.

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-24-2018, 08:07 AM Thread Starter

Garage
We had a regular ride which we used to do, but haven't for some years now whcih is;
Route 43 (or 44) south into carollton, pick up Rt. 9 south, ride it to Cadiz, then pick up Rt. 250 W and stop at Tapin resevor, then on to I77 north back home.

Really nice (mabye) a 1/2 days ride - and you fellows are right, Rt. 9 is just a "must" to ride if you haven't.
chuck_VTX F likes this.

“A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition”
― Rudyard Kipling
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-24-2018, 08:16 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis311 View Post
Well Big Al! You are just a riding freak... but there is one problem with this posting here.

We all are BIG picture whores and you've not shared a smidgin of one of your adventures or the machine that allowed you to enjoy it all.
Sorry Travis,
I'm not much of a "camera guy" - I still have an old flip phone -
I have some pictures, I will see if I can up-date my account and toss a few of them in here.
chuck_VTX F likes this.

― Rudyard Kipling
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-24-2018, 08:37 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
Sorry Travis,
I'm not much of a "camera guy" - I still have an old flip phone -
I have some pictures, I will see if I can up-date my account and toss a few of them in here.

I figured it out... anyone can..

I use flickr as a photo host... its Free. then just copy and paste here.

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-24-2018, 10:24 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck_VTX F View Post
I figured it out... anyone can..

I use flickr as a photo host... its Free. then just copy and paste here.
Thanks - got it. Looks pretty strait forward, I should be able to figure it out.

― Rudyard Kipling

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page