Tail of the Dragon - VTXOA
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-25-2018, 07:52 PM Thread Starter

Tail of the Dragon

Any VTX riders want to plan a meet-up ride to NC/Tail of the Dragon sometime in April or May?
Longeford likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-26-2018, 02:24 AM

Garage
I'd be game. Wanted to do it this fall but failed.
Would y'all hate me if I showed up on a Harley?

Seriously. I live too far away to just ride up there. I'd jump in the plane, fly up in a few hours and then rent a Harley in the local town. (they don't have Honda cruisers, sorry)

VTX 1800C
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-26-2018, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou_VTX View Post
I'd be game. Wanted to do it this fall but failed.
Would y'all hate me if I showed up on a Harley?

Seriously. I live too far away to just ride up there. I'd jump in the plane, fly up in a few hours and then rent a Harley in the local town. (they don't have Honda cruisers, sorry)
A friend from Cali flew into Nashville and rented a Indian for a ride through Tenn. and then to WVa 2 summers ago. If staying in the Dragon area for other riding for a day or 2, I'd recommend the Two Wheel Inn in nearby Robbinsville as a place to stay. Each room has an attached drive-in security bike storage cubby hole. The rooms aren't bad either. Be aware vehicle traffic, 2 and 4 wheel kind, picks up as riding season comes in.

2003 1800C Black w/ H-K 3", PC III, Clearview w/s, Hondaline backrest, XM sat. radio, MB 12" shocks, Prog. fr. spgs., Wolo, SPyKER mod, Glen's gas cap, Paladins, Drag Specialties Popsicle pegs, K-N, blackened engine, Kury RTB, mirrors & r. boards, blue LED's, Rivco tach & risers, LeatherLyke bags, backrest bag, w/s tri-pouch, Gen. Altimax RT43, Mich. Cmdr. II, Ult. Lowrider, Showchrome grips. 12-18 VTXCafe Bike of the Month

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-26-2018, 10:28 AM

Garage
If I could work it into my schedule, I'd be interested in going back. Got to ride it for the first time this year, but would like to do it again, especially if it involved a few extra days of riding some of the other roads as well. In addition to the Two Wheel Inn, mentioned above, I can also recommend the Tally Ho, but they don't have garages for the bikes. However, you ARE withing walking distance of the bike rental place, so that makes it nice as well.
rangers4u likes this.

2007 1800T, Memphis Shades 21", Kury Engine Bar & Pegs, HondaLine Light Bar, Ultimate Seats, Cobra Slash-Cuts, Progressive 430 Shocks & Springs, HondaLine Saddlebags, Iron Horse Tail Bag, Fender Rail, Color-Matched Radiator Housing, Show Chrome Fringe, Kury Iso-Grips, Custom Breather Cover. GO TEAM DREW!!!
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-02-2019, 11:41 AM

We may be interested. My wife and I were on The Dragon several years ago. LOTS of great roads in that area, perhaps some better than The Dragon. A word of caution though, Spring is the rainy season and that area gets a lot of rain to begin with. Maybe push the ride back a month? Just a thought.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-06-2019, 07:59 PM

Usually make a long weekend trip to that area every year about that time. I would be interested in meeting up there and doing some riding if I can work it out when others will be there

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-07-2019, 10:14 AM

Garage
Checked my schedule. As the time gets closer and we start making plans - FOR ME, it would be better in May than in April,, but I'll try to work my schedule around whatever date works best for the group.

2007 1800T, Memphis Shades 21", Kury Engine Bar & Pegs, HondaLine Light Bar, Ultimate Seats, Cobra Slash-Cuts, Progressive 430 Shocks & Springs, HondaLine Saddlebags, Iron Horse Tail Bag, Fender Rail, Color-Matched Radiator Housing, Show Chrome Fringe, Kury Iso-Grips, Custom Breather Cover. GO TEAM DREW!!!
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-08-2019, 10:58 AM

I would also highly recommend Riding The Devils Triangle and a tour of the newly opened Brushy Mountain State Pen. It's a great tour and very interesting.
Dartanuan likes this.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-12-2019, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBeau View Post
I would also highly recommend Riding The Devils Triangle and a tour of the newly opened Brushy Mountain State Pen. It's a great tour and very interesting.
I have ridden the Devils Triangle a couple of times and it is a very nice ride.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page