Prudhoe Bay - Page 3 - VTXOA
 26Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-28-2019, 01:51 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cokerb View Post
I bought a Stratoliner a little over two years ago. Kept the VTX because I liked it so much and like you, didn't think I could get what I thought it was worth due to it having 75000 miles on it. Also a couple of friends would ride it when our group from church would ride together. Also have two bikes that I keep for another friend, a Yamaha 1300 and a Honda Valkyrie. He likes motorcycles but doesn't make time to ride so he has asked me to keep them and ride them. Trying to sell the Valkyrie but they are a hard sell. With that being said, having 4 bikes I have more bikes at my house than I can ride and one of the friends who has been riding my VTX agreed on a fair price so he will be getting it soon.
When I bought my X I had been away from motorcycles so long all I knew is that I wanted a new motorcycle of at least 850cc, shaft drive, and liquid cool then I would add the extras for touring. The X fit me. No regrets.

An acquaintance tried to get me to buy a Valk but I didn't even know who made them and they were out of production. I later fell in love with them and found several with almost no miles but I was already hooked on my VTX and had it set up the way I wanted it. I still think the Valkyries are awesome motorcycles. If I had more discretionary income and a large garage I would have one. I saw a couple in France plus one as a trike.

I used to see a fellow every year who would ride to the now discontinued Moonshine Lunch Run at Casey, Illinois, from Massachusetts on his Valk. I always had to go look at it. He was an old guy like me.
cokerb likes this.

My VTX as used on Race Tech site.I'm70 rode 07 Black Cherry VTX 1300R to 49 States+DC & 11 Provinces, 140,000mi+Yamaha RSV,42,000mi,both w/aux tank & Race Tech SuspensionIBA:Mile Eater Bronze &Silver,SS3000,3xSS2000,EclipseSS1000Gold, 20SS1000,6xBB1500,3TX1000,NPT 29/76; Lake Superior Circle Tour 15 to 20K per yr between the two MCs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-01-2019, 10:59 PM

Garage
WOW!!! Just saw this. Amazing Alaska trip..
On my bucket list also, but not on 2 wheels..
Tried to get a fly fishing trip this year, but everything I wanted was booked up. Kodiak a year or more in advance!!! Yikes...

leroys73 and StarrRider like this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page