What to wear in the heat? [Archive] - VTXOA

: What to wear in the heat?

BillF
06-28-2008, 11:01 AM
Hey, what do you Texans wear for long rides/trips in high heat conditions? I'm riding from Buffalo, NY down to Houston and then over to Dallas/Fort Worth area. I know hot weather riding can be a bitch if not prepared so am looking for suggestions from the folks that know.
Thanks!

remory
07-01-2008, 04:13 PM
What one wears around here can vary a great deal. If I'm riding any distance during the heat of the day I wear a long sleeve white t-shirt under an Olympia Moto sports vest and cargo pants or jeans (well worn jeans, new ones can be HOT).

POGOGOLF
07-11-2008, 07:10 AM
What one wears around here can vary a great deal. If I'm riding any distance during the heat of the day I wear a long sleeve white t-shirt under an Olympia Moto sports vest and cargo pants or jeans (well worn jeans, new ones can be HOT).
No kidding!!!! I'm in Austin and I'll warn you ahead of time, be prepared to feel some heat on the inside of your right thigh, especially while in traffic! I have basically quit riding in the middle of the day unless I have to and have relegated it down to early a.m. and late, late afternoon/evening. JMHO.

texrider
07-13-2008, 12:02 AM
Mesh jacket, mesh riding pants, vented gloves, and a helmet with good ventilation!

Big Ace
07-24-2008, 02:19 PM
The big thing that gets you here is the sun exposure. I wear a black Olympia mesh jacket, dark helmet, and gloves, and it's tolerable believe it or not. Sun on the skin would bake you. Long sleeves, and if you wanted an evaporative vest or bandana to cool you down on a long ride, that's what I'd recommend.