Need Help in Katy [Archive] - VTXOA

: Need Help in Katy

Taino30
01-05-2012, 09:34 PM
I just moved here to Katy and I need to get a Darkside tire mounted ASAP! Any one knows of a place around the Katy area that will mount it without issues? I just got the tire today in the mail and looking at getting it done this Saturday. I plan to remove wheel tomorrow night. Any suggestions? Thanks in advanced.

VTEEMan
01-06-2012, 07:15 PM
Taino30, What are you planning to put on it?

Have you allready got the rear wheel off the bike, if you do take it to Wild West and have Chris or Dan remove the Motorcycle tire off the rim, they dont charge much, just tell them your are getting ready to ship it to someone for polishing, they frown on Car Tires, but they will remove it for you. They will not install a Car Tire for you but once you have the old one off putting the Car Tire on goes pretty easy with some Dish Soap on the bead, while you are at the Honda Dealer get a new Valve Stem or a hard Valve Stem from the parts counter and put it in yourself. 3 Ozs of Dyna Beads completes the package. Don't forget to check the Thrust Bearing Assembly, CYA

:beer3:

Taino30
01-07-2012, 12:53 AM
Thanks a lot VTEEMAN. I will be doing all of this tomorrow. I have to find the moly grease, also and planned to go to Wild West Honda for it. I will be taking my wheel with me then. If they don't have the moly grease, I guess Grainger does. I really hope I don't need the bearing. We'll see. Thanks again and ride safe.
:thumbup:

Taino30
01-07-2012, 08:40 PM
Well, got it done. Had to take pipes off (Cobra Slashcuts). It was not easy doing this by oneself, but it got done. Thanks, VTEEMAN for the suggestion.

VTEEMan
01-07-2012, 10:56 PM
Check your PM

dvsmith
01-09-2012, 10:50 AM
Any of the little hispanic tire shops will mount it for you. Just had mine done in jersey Village last month for $8.

VTEEMan
01-09-2012, 11:44 AM
Taino30,

Are you going to go with the 3 Ozs of Dyna Beads for balancing it will complete your Darkside package. How was the Thrust Bearing Assembly, did it spin freely, just courious.

By the way, you do not live far from me, are you a member of the Texas X Riders?

If not look them up, Meet and Greets each Wednessday in diferent places around Houston.

Regards