Honda VTX Forum banner

Progressive 440 shocks for sale

1K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  Poet's X 
#1 ·
I replaced my 440 shocks with 212 shocks because I do not ride 2 up and am under 200lbs. Any one want to buy them $275 call or pm or make an offer. 770-516-2484 Patrick
Auto part Suspension part Suspension Shock absorber Tool accessory

See less See more
#5 ·
Interested but need more info: There is no 440 series shocks for the '02C model. In your pic, it would appear that you have a 412 series but there are 4 different series and three different riding heights (as seen here). Also, for anyone interested, the R/S/T have the same rear suspension part numbers as the C (of the '02 and '03 model year that I searched).

In short, what is the exact p/n of the shocks that you are selling brother?

#6 ·
The shocks in the pic are the 440 shocks I just took off my bike not 412. The box they are in are the 412 box from the new 412 shocks I just put on. The designs are very different as I am sure you know. I can not find any numbers on the shocks anywhere only the progressive stickers. If thee are numbers on them I don't know where they are. They however are 11 inch shocks

#7 ·
That's why I was asking. The pics look similar to the HD 412 Series but I know there's a huge (esp in price) difference between the two. I'm no expert - just found out that the 440's were replaced with the 444's. So the 440 does exist. Sorry 'bout that. Shows how much I know. Being the fattie that I am, I really need the HD's so I'll pass until I can get those.

This is a smoking deal on shocks that run almost $500 new. They shouldn't last long!

#8 ·
These are in fact the HD according to my shop that just replaced them with the 412. I could not even bounce the rear of the bike at all they are so stiff. I found a number inside the shock on the end plate H 40-1152-20 then a seperate 1207 This is on both shocks and is the only numbers I can find

#10 ·
Interested but need more info: There is no 440 series shocks for the '02C model. In your pic, it would appear that you have a 412 series but there are 4 different series and three different riding heights (as seen here). Also, for anyone interested, the R/S/T have the same rear suspension part numbers as the C (of the '02 and '03 model year that I searched).

In short, what is the exact p/n of the shocks that you are selling brother?
Yes there are..........check here. http://www.directlineparts.com/byPr...onents-Shock+Absorber&str=0&mdl=3727&mdy=2004

I have the 12.5 chrome one on my C with the heavy duty springs, and these are most prolly the orginal 440s part number which may still be available from HDL here.

Show

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.