'05 VTX 1800C Only 3000 miles! [Archive] - VTXOA

: '05 VTX 1800C Only 3000 miles!

Spitz
09-12-2014, 09:22 AM
Have my 05 VTX 1800C for sale. Bike only has 3000 miles. Ridden once in a while to work, otherwise it sits under the cover in the garage, not worth paying insurance to keep it around as I've lost interest in riding the past few years. Bike has never been crashed and is pretty mint as one would expect. It has a power commander and cobra slashcuts on it along with the Pair? delete to clean up the exhaust popping. I also just put new tires on it recently and went with the 200 on the rear for looks. I have a clear title ready to be signed over to a new owner. Im asking 6500$ for it due to the low mileage. Bike is pretty much stock so you can customize it the way YOU want, not what the previous guy had.

Bike is located in Shawano, WI about 30 miles west of Green Bay.

Spitz
09-14-2014, 03:39 PM
Bad timing to sell a bike, I know. Is the price reasonable guys?

Randy2575
09-14-2014, 06:49 PM
I've bought a couple of bikes in my day. Market is soft on everything, especially mass produced bikes, that are in your case almost a decade old. KBB lists your bike, if bought from a dealer in excellent condition (dealers always ask too much and usually take several hundred dollars less), at $5940 here in Los Angeles. I see 1800's quite often between four and five grand. There is a cherry Uranium green one here in Los Angeles right now for $4000 and it has been on ad for a long time. So yes, your price on average may be on the high side. But then again, what do I know :thumbup: If you wanna sell it, I'd start at high book or best offer.

No commission fees required for above info ;)

Spitz
09-14-2014, 10:27 PM
Sounds good, thanks for the words. I always entertain offers of course. Sometimes you get sick of the craigslist bullchit lowballs and try to weed out the people who are just kicking tires or who are actually interested in the bike.

Spitz
09-21-2014, 10:19 AM
6000$ is the new price guys after looking around at other peoples ads.

daryls
09-21-2014, 09:18 PM
I bought my 03 1800C in 2008 with 4200 miles from a Florida dealer for $7000.00 out the door. I felt I got a great deal. I think $6000.00 for that mileage is a good deal. Especially when I see bikes with 75K miles asking for $5500.00.

Spitz
09-22-2014, 09:31 AM
Thanks for the words. I've kept up on the bike too being a mechanic. New tires, recent battery. I've made it ready to go when I was, unfortunately I just lost the desire to ride. The good thing about a stock one is someone can pick up a low mileage bike and do whatever they want, or even if they have the same bike with higher miles, they could transfer all their aftermarket stuff over.

jammerwalker
09-22-2014, 11:16 AM
Thanks for the words. I've kept up on the bike too being a mechanic. New tires, recent battery. I've made it ready to go when I was, unfortunately I just lost the desire to ride. The good thing about a stock one is someone can pick up a low mileage bike and do whatever they want, or even if they have the same bike with higher miles, they could transfer all their aftermarket stuff over.

Sounds and looks like a beautiful bike. Wish I could help you out by taking it off your hands. Just curious, though, what caused your 'loss' of 'desire to ride'? Did you lose a friend in an accident? Did you have a close call yourself? Those are the typical things that can cause someone to lose interest in riding.

However, when you're like me, and it's in your blood, you can NEVER lose that desire. I couldn't quit riding even if I wanted to! I'd go absolutely bonkers if I even thought about not riding. After my wreck back in '92, everyone I know thought I was crazy to get back on a bike, but I just couldn't help myself. It is my 'therapy', my way of getting away from and forgetting about what's troubling me, and clears my head of anything and everything, but it also gives me time to spend with my Creator. This is probably because I started young (13), and started riding on the road as soon as I could, legally, but also because I had already been doing something similar with my bicycle, riding in the countryside to think or to just lose my thoughts in the fresh air and beauty of nature.

Hopefully, you will find that thing which does that for you, if it's not riding.

Spitz
09-22-2014, 12:54 PM
Yea I could see losing someone close would affect your thoughts on riding. I drive a wrecker and have been on many fatality scenes, some motorcycles where I ended up pushing the crashed bike past the deceased. I have thought about it but I don't think that's my main loss of interest. I've ridden since I was 4 and never not had a motorcycle of some sort up to my now 29 years. I've raced on track with 180hp superbikes and had to sell that to afford an insurance detuctible on an operation I had (nothing related). If I were to get any kind of bike it would be a dirtbike where I could rip it wide open, after being on a racetrack, being subdued by speed limits and rocky corners, it just doesn't taste the same to ride around town.

Spitz
03-15-2015, 11:01 PM
This bike is still for sale guys! Cant get much lower mileage than what this one has, new tires etc.. Ready to ride all summer!

Spitz
03-20-2015, 09:11 PM
$5,500

Mowoc
03-23-2015, 08:19 PM
bump - that is a good price for that amount of miles.

FYI - you might do better removing the accessories and selling them separately. I have a couple of spare exhaust kits if you need one.

funnyfarm29709
04-11-2015, 12:01 AM
Have my 05 VTX 1800C for sale. Bike only has 3000 miles. Ridden once in a while to work, otherwise it sits under the cover in the garage, not worth paying insurance to keep it around as I've lost interest in riding the past few years. Bike has never been crashed and is pretty mint as one would expect. It has a power commander and cobra slashcuts on it along with the Pair? delete to clean up the exhaust popping. I also just put new tires on it recently and went with the 200 on the rear for looks. I have a clear title ready to be signed over to a new owner. Im asking 6500$ for it due to the low mileage. Bike is pretty much stock so you can customize it the way YOU want, not what the previous guy had.

What modifications did you do t put the 200 rear tire on?

supra1
04-11-2015, 01:57 AM
It doesn't need modification to put a 200 rear tire on it.

BYKChainsaw
04-11-2015, 11:59 PM
$5,500

got mine, 03 1800c with 13k miles for just under 5500, had some nice extras. So the low miles is a plus but the lack of extra a minus, I'd say around 5500 is a good price with all the ones online I saw. It took me 3 months to sell my wifes 750, almost lost hope it would sell that summer, then one day a call, and next day sold. patience good time of year to sell. PUT it on cycle trader.

Thunder Road
06-25-2015, 12:16 AM
got mine, 03 1800c with 13k miles for just under 5500, had some nice extras. So the low miles is a plus but the lack of extra a minus, I'd say around 5500 is a good price with all the ones online I saw. It took me 3 months to sell my wifes 750, almost lost hope it would sell that summer, then one day a call, and next day sold. patience good time of year to sell. PUT it on cycle trader. +1 on Cycle trader, I sold a bike within two wks. w/ them. Disclamer it was a different market at that time. Stil it reaches a lot of wannabe buyers.

MB1
08-02-2015, 03:49 AM
Is your X still available? The original post was 09/2014 but your last post was in March this year..... Thanks much

Reaper
08-21-2015, 05:02 PM

I know you ay you are not riding this but just to throw out an idea, I have 2003 retro with 32,000 miles on it, I am the only owner, clean title, loaded with custom work, over 20,000 in the bike, im looking to start a new bike, im in south east Wisconsin, and would do even trade if you have interest my number is 262-909-5920