Switchback bulbs [Archive] - VTXOA

: Switchback bulbs

nate6966
07-18-2019, 11:24 PM
Unfortunately, the switchback turn signals won't work with my 2007 VTX1800F. The factory turn signals don't have dual contacts for the bulb sockets.
If anyone wants some switchback bulbs, send me $10 and a pair is yours. I have two sets as I thought I could get them to work for me. Brand new, tested and work fine, but not for my application.
This is my picture, not from the internet.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190719/5cbf1a5d3f5412989e7a6edd481d5d7a.jpg

Lashlaro
08-05-2019, 03:22 PM
My turn signals, aka Dumbo Ears, broke off. I may in the near future, if they aren't sold, buy them. I was thinking of redesigning a light more like a cone, lying on its side, attached to the fender. Until I perfect my body skills, I need some cheapies so I can ride.
So, if you can pencil me in, I'll get back to you in a week or so.
Cheers

jasparrow
10-15-2019, 09:47 AM
Hey nate6966 - I am thinking of buying the Mustang driver/passenger seats. Are they much more comfortable than the stock ones? Thanks

nate6966
10-15-2019, 12:41 PM
Hey nate6966 - I am thinking of buying the Mustang driver/passenger seats. Are they much more comfortable than the stock ones? ThanksABSOLUTELY! While there are a few options of seats available (Corbin, Ultimate brand, local custom seat shops, etc.), I found Mustang to be a great mix of affordability and durability. I don't have to worry about rain with these seats.
When I had a stock seat, I was getting the tingly @$$ after only 45 minutes. With my Mustang seat, I'm not anxious for a break until after more than three hours. Add in the driver's backrest and I've put in an 800 mile day (15 hours) and felt like I could do more had daylight not run out.
My wife wouldn't ride with me on the factory pillion. The 1800F had a backwards slope to the factory passenger seat and she hated it. With the Mustang rear seat and a Hondaline backrest, she's good to ride (even commented that she almost fell asleep back there).