Any Nevada riders out there?! [Archive] - VTXOA

: Any Nevada riders out there?!

02-20-2006, 09:18 PM
Just wondering how my fellow Nevadans are fairing during this cold, long winter. As for me, my bike is in the shop getting repaired after going down with it last year. I'm getting the itch to get back on and ride just as soon as the snow melts off of our dirt road. Happy riding if your able!! :D

tyreles
02-20-2006, 09:20 PM
Fireman, Not sure where Jiggs is but check this site
www.sincityxriders.com (http://www.sincityxriders.com)
Les

Mr X
02-24-2006, 03:39 PM
The nice thing about your location is you get to ride lots of miles to get anywhere. :lol: The snow finally melted off my driveway yesterday. Just got a call from work that I don't have to go in until 4 today so I might get a chance to go out and put on a couple miles before work. Don't get off until well after dark and the temps are back down to allow ice to reform so riding to work is out.

Hope you faired well after going down and that you'll be back on top again soon. I might be making a ride over to SLC towards the end of spring. If I do, I'll drop a line and maybe I can meet you somewhere near the interstate and swap a tale or two???

02-25-2006, 05:11 PM
Thanks Les for the info on the Sincity website. Looks interesting!
As for Jiggs...it's located about 35 miles south of Elko in the Northeast corner of Nevada. Just an old ranching community, so believe me, I have had a few people ask..."Where in the hell is Jiggs, Nevada!" :D
Safe riding! James

02-25-2006, 05:18 PM
Bill,
I'm glad to hear someone might get to ride around with this great weather we are having! I'm quite jealous!
My bike is still in the shop and I am getting anxious although we still have mud on our dirt road to the ranch, so it's not quite rideable. I did however just order a set of Bubs Jug Huggers for the bike and I'm really excited about it. I figured since I'm coming back from laying the bike down, I'm going to do it in style!
Anyhow, when you head to SLC, drop me a line on this site or PM me and maybe I can get to town to meet up with you. If not I work at the fire department in Elko, so we could meet there.
Stay safe! :D James

Tackleberry
06-16-2006, 09:55 PM
Just moved to Vegas from S. FL. Been doing a lot of riding and always looking.

Mr X
06-17-2006, 01:09 AM
What's that stuff in the background of your sig? :lol: Welcome to NV. Don't get the idea that all of NV is covered by palm trees and cactus. Come on up where it is a little cooler and we can actually ride during the day.

Tackleberry
06-17-2006, 10:54 AM
Will do. I have a lot of exploring to do.

x rated
07-03-2006, 08:56 PM
tackleberry what part of s florida you from, I grew up out side fort myers, in labelle. been in reno for almost 16yrs now.

Tackleberry
07-07-2006, 07:16 PM
I am from W. palm Beach. I've been to Labelle on a lot of rides, and a few times huntin'. Fort Myers too.

Jeff-d00d
07-10-2006, 06:06 PM
I'm in Reno.

clark4131
07-14-2006, 02:30 AM
Northern Nevada resident since 1976, RFD firefighter since 1994, X owner since May...SC

Mr X
07-14-2006, 11:58 AM
Northern Nevada resident since 1976, RFD firefighter since 1994, X owner since May...SC

You've got 20 years on me for the residency part. I retired last year and have more things going on now than I ever did. Retired is a nis-nomer for sure. I've had my "X" since 4/04 and it has been relatively trouble free and suits the need pretty well now that I've 'doctored' it to suit my style of riding. Post a pic so we can know who to watch for.

clark4131
07-15-2006, 01:36 AM
Post a pic so we can know who to watch for.

No pic of me, but here's the bike...SC

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b198/clark4131/VTX.jpg