Honda VTX Forum banner

61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
5,301 Posts
I worked in a butcher shop in my younger days and still apply those skills during game season (s).

We used to provide a couple of the local Churches with wild game - all neatly cut, wrapped, frozen and labeled. We even provided them with freezers to store the meat.

This continued for many years and then one day, they said that they could no longer accept any meat that didn't come from a regular butcher shop.

So now, we shoot many more paper targets than wild game, as the trash can isn't picky as to the paper that it accepts. A half day of "target shooting" is still as satisfying as it ever was.

·
Premium Member
6,177 Posts
This continued for many years and then one day, they said that they could no longer accept any meat that didn't come from a regular butcher shop.

It is unfortunate, even churches need to be aware of exposing themselves to legal issues. In our church, this became a rather daunting possibility with the fund raising dinners, and breakfasts and so on that we had.

·
Registered
5,301 Posts
My wife is an extraordinary woman.
She cooks and keeps a good house. Feeds the cows.

And, she takes good care of me.

I awoke early one morning and was all set for my favorite breakfast of bacon and eggs.
We ran out of bacon.
How depressing.
:frown:

You know that she couldn't bear to see me like this and so she went out in search for bacon.
And she searched. And then she searched some more.
And then she discovered that there was a severe bacon shortage.
:surprise:

She never gives up..... and she's VERY resourceful.....

·
Registered
17,029 Posts
Your right Lefty but as you are usually attacking me over these two subjects I got into niggle mood Way too early. I apologise. Enjoy your day.
No worries, mate! FWIW, I don't recall ever attacking you...but merely questioning your misconceptions regarding American gun rights. :thumbup:

That elk was an innocent victim of misplaced hunger.
There is no innocent victim where a good steak is concerned. If God didn't want us to eat meat, he wouldn't have equipped us with incisors. :lol:

·
Registered
231 Posts
My wife is an extraordinary woman.
She cooks and keeps a good house. Feeds the cows.

And, she takes good care of me.
And she is purdy too :+)

·
Premium Member
11,943 Posts
I just cant see why you would kill something that big that would be tough, chewy and way too much too eat.

Ever had an elk backstrap (tenderloin)? Nothing tough or chewy there, my friend. Think prime filets of beef.

:thumbup:

61 - 67 of 67 Posts