Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Map for 02 vtx 1800c help

new to this and sorry if im doing something wrong but just tore down and rebuilt my 02 c model and I got the power commander 3 on there and the first map I tried Im getting like 10 mpg and bad performance. I installed a kurakyn hyper charger and I pulled all the baffle out of the stock 2 into 1 exhaust. Im gonna try this map from bareasschoppers, Shows its for an N model but that shouldn't matter. Any insight or better maps someone would recommend that'd be awesome.

http://tech.bareasschoppers.com/resources/power-commander-pc3-maps/- MEDIC1

Shows its for an N model but that shouldn't matter. Any insight or better maps someone would recommend that'd be awesome.
The first map I tried showed 02-04 1800c dg hard krome 2-1 afterburners and hyper charger.

thanks Josh

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
new to this and sorry if im doing something wrong but just tore down and rebuilt my 02 c model and I got the power commander 3 usb on there and the first map I tried Im getting like 10 mpg and bad performance. I installed a kurakyn hyper charger and I pulled all the baffle out of the stock (2 into 1) exhaust which would be the Riley mod or whatever. Im gonna try this medic1 map from bareasschoppers, Shows its for an N model but that shouldn't matter. Any insight or better maps someone would recommend that'd be awesome.

http://tech.bareasschoppers.com/resources/power-commander-pc3-maps/
medic1- stock Riley exhaust mod, hyper charger, desmog, kn filter

The first map I tried showed 02-04 1800c dg hard krome 2-1 afterburners and hyper charger. which clearly wasn't right but it was the closest I could find on the power commander website. yes I desmogged and kurakyn hyper charger has kn filter.

thanks Josh

·
Super Moderator
64,002 Posts
Welcome to the site. Your first 5 posts must be seen and approved by a moderator before they will show up on the board. This helps keep spammers off the board.

1. At 10mpg, your bike has something else wrong than just a bad map. I will guess the Fuel Pressure Regulator or FPR is bad and it is allowing too much fuel into the combustion chambers and the excess fuel is washing down the cylinder walls and into the engine case. DO NOT RIDE IT. Check the oil level to see if it reads over fill and reeking of gas. Then, replace the bad FPR and change the oil. Ride around the block and change the oil again to get all the fuel out of he case. Here's how to change the FPR http://tech.bareasschoppers.com/carbs-fuel-injection/vtx1800-fuel-pressure-regulator/

2. Once that is fxed, you can try any map but to get the most out of that PC3 you should get a custom map done for your engine and your mods.

·
Registered
9,833 Posts
as Mr. Spike said...

FPR... been an issue since the 2004... an continues.... reason Honda changed out that part in 2004..

maps... many do not believe..
but Honda system does adjust to small changes to engine.. air intake and exhaust....

you can gain a little with maps.. but your bike needs to go on a DYNO. and a custom map made for YOUR BIKE...
otherwise.. you will get what Honda gave you.. OR LESS... with that pricey little box.

follow the "test" replace if FPR is bad... change motor oil and filter twice.
research on used bikes.. I knew of the FPR in 2003...
and I did not own a VTX yet...
as I learned of the changes coming in 2005..
and the flange bearing issues... same 2003..

·
Registered
12,246 Posts
FPR as mentioned.
Disconnect the PC3 in its entirety.
The last thing you need is an add-on device.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Bolt the PC3 with your mods is not going to do anything for you with out a Dyno run. You would be better off with out it unless you dyno and disconnecting will let you know if the PC3 is causing your problem. I am guessing you hooked something up wrong or are having other issues as others have stated. Does your exhaust smell like gas?

·
Super Moderator
6,905 Posts
Welcome to the Board. Moving your thread to a forum where you should receive more feedback/help. If not try posting your info on the General Board.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts