Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok experts, per your advice, I have been educating myself on cruisers of various makes and models and I believe I am definately leaning towards a VTX1300. It looks like I can customize for comfort and looks. I would of course like to get as good a deal as possible, and I dont mind used if the bike has been well taken care of and not worn out. This brings me to my question, is there any particular year model since 03 I should stay away from because of manufacturing problems that are difficult or expensive to have repaired? Or is there a particular model that is difficult or expensive to maintain?

Thanks for your input!

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
yeah, one's newer then the other, and then the other's newer then that one... :roll:

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
XRiderChuck said:
yeah, one's newer then the other, and then the other's newer then that one... :roll:
Good answer. I think that's about right, nothing has changed, other than colors.

M

·
0 Posts
Because the initial 1300 design came from the FI 1800, the early '03 had an unnecessary fuel pump that a handful of folks experienced problems with. The pump was discontinued by mid-year in favor of the current gravity feed which is more than adequate. Mechanically, that was the only difference from '03~'05. The only other differences are the color options that varied from year to year and the retro gained a cast wheel option for '05.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts