Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
03 1800R lost rear brakes has been sitting a few months Front brakes are good ? went to ride and all i had was front any ideas Why ive lost all my pedal ? thanks

·
Registered
268 Posts
Same thing happened to me today

OP.... did the fluid change help your issue? The exact same thing happened to me. Brakes were fine 3 days ago. Today there was no pedal pressure build up at all.

·
Registered
268 Posts
It is full. No leaks anywhere. it will be the weekend before I can dig into it. Just trying to get some ideas as where to start. are all synthetic brake fluid created equally or is there one everyone seams to be using and having great success with?

·
Registered
45 Posts
03 1800R lost rear brakes has been sitting a few months Front brakes are good ? went to ride and all i had was front any ideas Why ive lost all my pedal ? thanks

You would wise to be changing out that brake fluid every couple of years. Also I think someone brought this up before, this is a
Linked Brake system and there is a very specific method to bleed these brakes properly not just your stand bleed and fill method!
I have always had my dealer do that job on my R model and she is still running fine at 133,500 km.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
268 Posts
Apparently my fluid just broke down. It was 3 years old so. I flushed out all the old, refilled the reservoirs with new and bleed them off now my brakes work just like new. Just blows my mind they were fine one day and literally three days later the rear did not work at all. I used the synthetic valvoline premium dry brake fluid this time so I'll see how it does.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Apparently my fluid just broke down. It was 3 years old so. I flushed out all the old, refilled the reservoirs with new and bleed them off now my brakes work just like new. Just blows my mind they were fine one day and literally three days later the rear did not work at all. I used the synthetic valvoline premium dry brake fluid this time so I'll see how it does.

I know what you mean, years ago with 1500 SE Kaw, I was riding over to the dealer and about 300 yards from the dealer touched the rear brake pedal and the rear brake locked up. Had to rebuild the rear master cylinder and that's when they said I should be changing the brake fluid every couple of years! The brake fluid just adsorbed to much moisture and damaged the master cylinder.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts