Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2005VTX1300R
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
She wasn't touched or moved for a few days and had been through -30 degree temps but what could cause her to run like a turd, and only with choke on after sitting covered during cold and snow?

·
Registered
432 Posts
May need some "HEET" in the gas. I grew up in North Dakota. During the winter adding HEET when you filled up with gas was as common as putting on gloves. Probably more important now with the 10-15% ethanol gas.

·
Registered
24 Posts
May need some "HEET" in the gas. I grew up in North Dakota. During the winter adding HEET when you filled up with gas was as common as putting on gloves. Probably more important now with the 10-15% ethanol gas.
Sounds like you have a jet partially/plugged, as with the choke you are substituting less air more fuel.

·
Registered
2005VTX1300R
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey thanks. When we got above freezing she ran a lot better but still not right. So i know you are right, there must be moisture in tank. I tried the seafoam stuff, didn't make much difference. I may have to take the carb off. I'm hearing something about pure seafoam in carb overnight might clear it up. Hope so, with unemployment in Kansas at a standstill for the last 4 months i cant afford anything more and my bike is all the transport i have since my truck went bang-thud. And hell, our family car burned to the ground in a burger King drive thru about 7 months ago. Had my 87 year old mom help a dear commit suicide a couple weeks ago and no more family for a thousand miles. So my bike has become a bit important lately. Thanks again for the help.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Sounds like water in the carb float bowl.
Warm it to above freezing then drain.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts