Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought my 06 VTX1300C new in 07. This is really the first problem I have had with it. I bought my first new battery last spring and never put a fuel additive or anything in it any winter. Come summer it always fired up. I took it to the gas station a month ago and put $2 worth of gas in it just to top it off. 2 weeks later tried to start it and it would not fire. Put new plugs in and it still wouldn't start. Pulled the plug, held it to the jug, no spark. I did ad a battery tender to it because the battery was a little low from trying to start it. I folded the ignition module ($450) over the side of the frame to get it out of the way while installing the leads for my tender. Has anyone else had this issue ? Wondering if there might just be a loose wire in the plug for the module, I looked at the wires and they all felt solid. Any info would be appreciated before I dropped the bux on a part I'm not even sure is my problem.

Thanks, Wayne

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Car

·
Registered
13,368 Posts
The fins around the spark plugs are bolt on with rubber insulators---you should go lower on the cylinder for a real ground.

The 1300 ICM two most forward wires(Black,and Greeen) have a bad habit of breaking.
If one was damaged it could have broken--right at the connector o-ring seal.
Sometimes you can see the plastic insulation is less in diameter if the wire has broke and parted.

Vacuum hose and or petcock could be an issue in fuel flow if electrical is good...

Normally a "Help" is posted in the 1300 section, the "maintenance-accessory" is where you
show your maintenanceand things so it maybe overlooked...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts