Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok it seems that when I hit the starter I hear a somewhat loud mechanical CLICK.

It occurs as the starter kicks in and turns over, not something after I release the starter button.

Here are some things that occured today prior to hearing this noise....

Solid 130 mile run at interstate speed so bike is 'hot'.

We hit some debris in the roadway as we exited a tunnel on 95. The bike took a JOLT but didn't overly concern me, hell I didn't fall from it so I was happy.

Could that bump have jarred starter alignment, t could it be something else?

I'm going to let the bike cool down and try to recreate the noise later, just looking for ideas.

Bike starts and runs fine, just makes a that clicking noise.

Thanks

·
Registered
681 Posts
I've had that happen to me twice so I posted on this board and was told that it happened to others as well. It hasn't happen to me since but that has been about a month ago.

It was just a loud click but the Bike started right up, no problem.

Sorry I couldn't help but just letting you know it occurs

·
Old Goat
26,260 Posts
Mine does it sometimes when I hit the starter button with clutch pulled in and bike in gear, doesnt seem to be anything major. If its bothering you try a couple of different senarios in how you start it up and see what happens, Since Ive been reading the forum I found out these bikes make all kinds of noises try and enjoy the bike I believe its damn near bullet proof and quite reliable. Good luck on this one.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
sounds like the bendix kicking out and engaging the fly wheel

1 - 4 of 4 Posts